TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Alice
Vouched for on April 15, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

As I was planning for a short trip to HK, I reached out to several HK TBs who seemed to be active on this site and initially received interests for a possible meet-up from 4 TBs but at the end it was Alice who was able to make the actual meet-up.

Why are you vouching for them?

In Buddhism, there is a concept of karma and every seemingly undeserved good things that happens to you in this life are the result of some great deeds that you did in the past. So in meeting Alice by chance and luck, I am quite sure that I must have done something extraordinary for the humanity in the past like saving an entire nation from some calamity:) This is how I feel after spending 2 afternoon and evening hours with her as my guide and dining companion in HK. When I initially reached out to the HK TBs, I sought to have a casual food crawl experience with a few people who enjoy good food. Given HK's reputation as foodie paradise with so many eating venues from street food to the haute cuisine, I thought this was a good way to spend a few hours with local TBs.

Alice it turned out to be a highly skilled cook who truly enjoys cooking and fine dining. Under her guidance, I was able to stroll the streets in Wan Chai, Causeway Bay and Central in HK island without getting nervous or distracted about thoughts of getting lost. Along the way, we made stops for food and drinks with Alice trying her best to explain about notable landmarks and old buildings while lamenting together the fact that many Asian cities are losing the old charm in their mad dash toward development. I also had the opportunity to browse through a photo collection of her dishes, cakes, pies, etc, quite amused by her passion to cook and feed others. One must be born with such caring nature.

What more can you ask from a TB? If you happen to spend some time with her on your travels around the world, you have to believe that you must have done something really special in your past life to deserve such luck in this life and do enjoy every minute that you get to spend with her. She actually lives the ideal TB experience that we all seek on this site.

Nurul

Vouched for on April 14, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

We met through TravBuddy. I saw his plan to come to KL and wished him a good trip. He suggested for a meet up and I agreed. At first, I didnt expect him to come to my city because it's quite a long journey from KL to Kuantan by bus. But he came! It was a pleasure meeting him!

Why are you vouching for them?

Aziz is a simple, easy-going and charming guy. And very fit! '271 meter height and 1100 stairs' is no easy task and yet, he climbed up and down the hill running =..=''

He's funny! I do like to listen to him talking and telling stories. He's good with people too! It's easy to feel comfortable being around him. He drives better than me, obviously. Women are bad drivers, rightt ;)

He likes nature, adventures and exploring new places. He even took me to a place that I have never been to - a cave!

Now what are you waiting for? Come meet this guy! :D

Nurul
Vouched for on April 14, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

We met In TB first then started chatting from while to while and plan for my trip to Her city .
I visited her city 'Kuantan' for 2 days and she spent most of her time taking me in a tour to a different places in and outside the city

Why are you vouching for them?

Nurul Ain is well organised ,well traveled and very good listener.We spent good times in Kuantan. she took me almost in all places started by picking me up from Bus terminal until dropping me back to it next day , we even climbed buket panorama '271 meter height and 1100 stairs :D '
she helped me to find a hostel and did the online booking too ,offered me a variety of local food that i couldn't resist . She is so innocent with a pure heart and extremely helpful.
Nour is a lifetime Guaranteed for future TB ;).
terima kaseh dan jumpa satu lagi

Ms
Vouched for on April 13, 2014

We met in my hotel Lobby in KL

Why are you vouching for them?

She is a nice person, will guide you through KL city.

Jeffrey

grant
How did you meet in real life?

Met grant in Patong for lunch/beers one day and we got along great. We ended up hanging out and doing different tours and excursions for the next 13 days.

Why are you vouching for them?

Good guy and fun to be around. Had a blast hanging out with him for 2 weeks.

How did you meet in real life?

I've met Jenny twice when she traveled to My area Osaka,Kyoto in Japan 2014 April.

Why are you vouching for them?

Absolutely Jenny is a lovely person. I knew it when we had often chatting before we met in person.
We've planed to explore in Kyoto whole day and an extra day in Osaka. She enjoyed wearing kimono which is traditional style of Japan,but I was wondering if it is fine with her because we had to wear special shoes like slippers with kimono. She had enough patience for it. I always feel so proud when travelers trying to local thing and be patience with it. Jenny seems loving to do it and enjoying enough herself. It makes me so happy too!
Jenny is easygoing and loving laughter. Very fun to be with.

If you ever get a chance to see her in person,please don't missing it! You will feel got a real friend of forever!

Jenny,Thank you so much visiting me in Japan. I'm so glad to see you in person! And no doubt that our friendship will be forever ;)
See you!!!

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/52404/Under-cherry-blossoms-Kyoto-55

How did you meet in real life?

Yasuyo met up with me in Kyoto, and I went to visit her in Osaka the following day.

Why are you vouching for them?

Yasuyo is a very energetic person who's fun filled and jovial. She seem to have done her 'homework' to check what I like and then suggested we do it together. It was great that she lent me her Kimono and we toured around Kyoto together in traditional costume. It was also very kind of her to show me her neighbourhood in Osaka!

Yasuyo is the same person, online and offline. She's always funny and full of laughter. Spending time with her felt as though we've known each other for sometime, although we've only met once. She's a seasoned traveler, yet so humble. A very easy going person and comfortable to hang around with.

She's a true Travel Buddy! If you meet her, be ready for a Purikura Session!

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/114005/Kyoto-Heian-Jingu-Water-Gateway-5

Scott

Moolzie
Vouched for on April 7, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

Amelia and I met though Travbuddy when we were both heading to japan, we met up in Yudanaka and had such a great time seeing the snow monkeys and visiting local onsen that we met up again in Kyoto to do a cycling tour of the local temples and then travelled on the bullet train to Tokyo.

Why are you vouching for them?

Amelia is heaps of fun to hang out with... but a terrible Karaoke singer :P

Giannis

Vouched for on April 7, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

I meet him during the Istanbul meetup with some many other travbuddy members :)

Why are you vouching for them?

He is a great guy and a brother ! He organized the meetup really great and we enjoy all of us ! Great knowledge of Istanbul and really helpful !
Hope so to do it again in the near future , and will be huger :)

Sisca

Imad
Vouched for on April 6, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

We met in Lara Djonggrang restaurant on TB mini meet up in Jakarta.

Why are you vouching for them?

Imad is a very nice person, we have traveled together to trek mount Galunggung and visited Naga village in West java, also with other Tbs (Ditha, Hayley and ALex). He also sent me a postcard while he traveling to Paris. It was a great time to traveled with you.