TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Emilia

May
Vouched for on May 26, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

May was my guest in Poland. I showed her my hometown - Warsaw and travelled with her to Kraków, Auschwitz-Birkenau, Wieliczka and Wrocław

Why are you vouching for them?

May is a warm soul who would share everything she could with you. She doesnt complain about nothing. She appreciates places that she is visiting no matter what weather is like (she brights gloomy and rainy day by yellow raincoat haha). It seems she doesnt need much sleep and never finish the meal ;P

May

Emilia
Vouched for on May 26, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

She sort of hosted my stay in Poland...

Why are you vouching for them?

Emilia is a very organized traveler! She's up to anything. Great host. Caring travel companion. Just be ready for a day-filled of activities! Don't complain when you have to do a lot of walking! :))

Sylvia

Vouched for on May 25, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

We were in Hamburg Germany and we arranged to meet. A wonderful lady and GREAT tour guide. A lot of fun to be around and sit on the balcony and drink champagne. I hope if she ever comes to USA that she will come to TEXAS so we can hang out together.

Why are you vouching for them?

Wonderful lady and tour guide. Thanks so much for everything.

Sylvia
Vouched for on May 25, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

In Hamburg,Germany.They had their Wimdu flat canceled without explanation and only had two days to find other accomadation which was really far out.I moved them into town!

Why are you vouching for them?

Sylvia was a really pleasant person.She even gave me one of her paintings.(thanks,Sylvia)We had a good time and a lot of laughs.We will stay in touch!With Walter,too,of course,but he s already got his vouch!!

Joe

Claire
How did you meet in real life?

I first met Claire at the (fun and notorious) London travbuddy meetup that took place in late April. We stayed in touch after that and she and I went on a day trip to see Stonehenge together, mutually agreeing that it was quite shocking that neither of us had been there yet...

Why are you vouching for them?

Claire is friendly, warm and always seems to have a smile on her face. Whether you're swapping travel stories with her over a beer or daring each other to do immature things at one of the UK's most famous sites (hey, she started it) she's great company. She also seems to not need to do things like eat, drink or go to the bathroom for many hours on end, so you know for a fact she's one of the least difficult people you could ever travel with ;-) Definitely will meet up with her again in the future!

How did you meet in real life?

I met G during a mini meet-up in Bonifacio Global City (Metro Manila) April 2015.

Why are you vouching for them?

G is a very charismatic personality ... a woman with guts, who knows how to manage any situation and this in a very elegant way. I envy the way she adapted herself into Philippine culture (even learned the language) but still stays loyal to her European roots. She's a girl who's into some serious conversation but also knows how to joke. I am glad we could meet and hope one day we will meet again ... why not in her favourite Barcelona ?

Reg
How did you meet in real life?

I met Reggie (tiggerlily) already a few times during meet-ups in Manila.

Why are you vouching for them?

Reggie is a TB with a great smile, who loves travelling and joining meet-ups. A smart girl who's into some good conversation but also laid back to go with the flow. Hope to meet again !!

How did you meet in real life?

I met Rochelle (ellekape) already several times during meet-ups in Manila.

Why are you vouching for them?

Rochelle is a real TB ! She loves travelling and is always eager to join meet-ups. A girl with an everlasting smile on her face and getting along with anybody. Hope to have many more meet-ups with her !

Walter
Vouched for on May 20, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

We met in a cafe near Rotterdam central station. After a cup of coffee we drove to Kinderdijk to admire the UNESCO World Heritage listed windmills!

Why are you vouching for them?

We had a nice afternoon/evening! From Rotterdam we went to Kinderdijk, during the traffic jam it was raining! But as we walked along the lined up windmills the sun came out and we could take some good photos.

After this we had pancakes in Barendrecht..... thanks for that Walter and Sylvia!

It was great meeting you! Have a safe trip back home and have fun in your own paradise in Nacogdoches!!!

Vickie

Vouched for on May 20, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

In January 2015 I finally got the chance to meet Nolan and his wife Carol in Amsterdam. I was lucky enough to meet them before the official meet-up started and we spent an amazing (and slightly confusing) evening at the Van Gogh museum/party. I then spent the following day with them and the rest of the guys at the meet-up organised by Keiko and Nolan. It was an enjoyable experience all round!

Why are you vouching for them?

Nolan is a fountain of knowledge and a great person to just sit and chat to about the world. I really enjoyed the company of both him and Carol and look forward to meeting them both again in the future. This vouch has been a long time coming and I'm sorry it's taken so long! Nolan is a great contributor to Travbuddy and he's one of the people I talk to on the site quite regularly (when I get around to checking it!). I am extremely grateful that I finally got the chance to meet him this year and recommend that if anyone else gets the chance, get to know him!