TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Sarah E…

Vouched for on May 17, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

Jenny was living in Leeds for study, and came to visit Manchester for the day.

Why are you vouching for them?

Jenny is wonderful company. We had a lovely time over breakfast and then a walk around the city. Jenny was enthusiastic and is really interesting, put up with my obsession with Manchester architecture and I really hope we can meet again at some point in the future.

Ilse

May
Vouched for on May 16, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

May is one of my first friends on Travbuddy. She had registered just a few months before me in 2011. We have been chatting a lot on the internet, and May was already a very close friend to me, even though I hadn't met her in real life.
When she told me that she, and her husband, will visit Finland, this spring, I was excited! Wow! We would finally meet! :D

We met up for the first time at the Suomenlinna Island, the UNESCO Heritage Site in Helsinki. When I arrived at the island I realized that we had not decided for an exact meeting point! OhNo, where to find them?! ..but in the same moment, that I realized this, I saw them sitting on a bench beside the path that I was walking! :D :D

That was the first time. After that we met up again in my home-area in the southwest of Finland.

Why are you vouching for them?

May and I definitely got along from the first moment! She is nice, kind, warm-hearted and funny! The time we spent together flew too fast, and I'm sure that we will meet soon again!
I got the chance to be like a tourist in my own hometown, and we did things together that I had never tried before (like ice dipping :O!), and I enjoyed it very much :) :D

May is for sure a fantastic travel companion, a marvelous person and a great friend. She is a joy to spend time with!

Sarah E…
Vouched for on May 15, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I made a day trip to Manchester and Sarah agreed to meetup.

Why are you vouching for them?

Sarah's awesome! We had breakfast together and she showed me around the city. I learned so much from her and I think she's qualified to be a city tour guide! Facts, history, living style... Everything you'd wanna know about Manchester!

Sarah made my trip very memorable and I'm very glad she took time off to meet me. Definitely a travbuddy you'd not want to miss if you're in town.

Henry

David
Vouched for on May 5, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I met Dave in his home-state, The Hoosier State. I was traveling through and Dave showed me a great deal of Midwest hospitality and one-of-a-kind generosity.

Why are you vouching for them?

Well traveled, well educated and with a good sense of adventure and a heart of gold, this is one Hoosier you'll want to explore any part of the world with.
Dave - Thanks for the VIP insider tour of Indy, I'll definitely be back. Take care!

David

Henry
Vouched for on May 4, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

Henry contacted me, saying coming to Indy for a visit, I invited him to stay with me.

Why are you vouching for them?

What a Great guy!! We really did up the city.. and talked, shared, hiked in nature and had a beer together at the Rathskeller downtown. Covered a lot of the city and in conversation, and I can certainly say from personal experience Henry is kind, fun-loving, generous (treated me to park entrance, breakfast and beer later) and just wanted to express that.
Anybody would have fun with this guy.

Ils
Vouched for on May 2, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

We met on the day of the Amsterdam meetup that was almost scuttled by snow - that was on January 24, 2015. Ils had left her hometown in Belgium very early that she was able to make it to Amsterdam before the train services were canceled.

Why are you vouching for them?

Ils is one of my first friends on the TravBuddy site. She has a lot of interesting travels, many of which are done with her best friend Tania (sweettangerine). Ils is also the latest addition (#81) to the coveted Eleven Heaven list, who are TravBuddies who embody the spirit and camaraderie of this travel community.

I appreciate the effort that Ils did in coming to the January 24, 2015 Amsterdam meetup, despite the snow causing the train system to almost grind to a halt that day. We were able to spend some time talking before taking a walking tour of Amsterdam, where I got to know her better (she is well traveled - about 46 countries so far, loves travel photography), among others.

Definitely someone who has the love of travel, Ils should be on any TravBuddy's 'to meet' list when traveling through Belgium (or if you get to met her in another country during her travels). Looking forward to meeting Ils again soon!

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/124673/TravBuddy-meetup-Amsterdam-despite-12

Vanessa
Vouched for on April 17, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I first met Vanessa at the Huge Kuala Lumpur meetup on November 22, 2014.

While I wasn't able to attend her wedding in 2015, I made it a point to seek her out whenever I visit Kuala Lumpur on my future trips. We met again on January 30, 2016.

Why are you vouching for them?

To know Vanessa quite well you have to have to constantly be in touch with her (I am, via FaceBook and WhatsApp). As she is constantly traveling, it may be a challenge to catch up with her in various parts of the world. I was lucky that we met again after more than a year in Kuala Lumpur the day before she left on a trip to Japan. Despite the short time you get to spend with her, every moment is interesting listening to her various trips, love for food and coffee, as well as her obsession with ducks.

One big advantage of knowing her is also knowing her friends. I have met quite a handful of them already, which in turn allows me to meet more interesting friends. Vanessa's friend network is indeed a great way to enjoy being part of TravBuddy.

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/130627/one-day-Kuala-Lumpur-meetup-spanned-2

Joe

Vouched for on April 17, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

Nolan was one of the chief organisers of the 2016 Philippines meetup. Being keen to see a bit more of the Philippines, I arrived a few days before the meetup began - Nolan met me at the hotel I stayed at on my first night and spent the day with me before I headed up north. We then met up again for the meetup a few days later.

Why are you vouching for them?

Nolan, as anyone who has spent time with him knows, is a great guy. He's a very generous, helpful and outgoing person. He came to not only my rescue on the first day in the Philippines - chauffeuring me around the chaotic streets of Manila all day, and then helping me get the overnight bus to Banaue that night - but the rescue of several other travbuddies who would have been stranded at various intervals throughout the meetup.

He's great company, easy to talk to and has a pithy sense of humour. How he gets by on several hours of sleep per night and still be full of energy the next morning I will never know. If you happen to be in Manila, be sure to get in touch with him! I look forward to meeting him again in the future :-)

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/131296/

Bernard

Brian
Vouched for on April 16, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I met Brian as he was in Lyon for a scientific meeting

Why are you vouching for them?

I know Brian on the TB site for some years we have chatted a lot,we had a dinner together:he is a good company and easy to be with

Vouched for on April 15, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I first met Nisa at the Huge Kuala Lumpur meetup on November 22, 2014. Since then, we've met three times, most recently during my Kuala Lumpur visits on January 14 and 30, 2016.

Why are you vouching for them?

Nisa is a lovely lady who while unassuming and quiet, is knowledgeable and well traveled. She is also quiet health conscious, as I would often learn about her conquests of long distance runs and other athletic pursuits.

Among many things, she is very reliable and will show up at the meetups, even though she has pressing issues at work. I find her fascinating to talk with and have interesting discussions about architecture and culture, especially in Malaysia and nearby countries.

Everytime I visit Kuala Lumpur, I always look forward to meeting with Nisa over dinner with the rest of the TravBuddies there.