TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Phyllis

Bill
Vouched for on July 5, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

Met Bill at the Hotlanta Meetup.

Why are you vouching for them?

Super guy and definitely one you want to have in your camp! He's always upbeat and positive, even in the most stressful times -- something every traveler can appreciate.

He has a wide range of humor, and a unique one at that! He is very knowledgeable in travel and can come up with great ideas at the last minute.

As a friend, he is definitely an asset that you'll want to always keep close. And if you ever get the honor of having him as a friend, you'll feel very privileged!

Bill

Phyllis
Vouched for on July 5, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

I met Phyllis in October 2010 while I was in Atlanta for a meetup.

Why are you vouching for them?

I am vouching for 'xaileen' because she's a great friend and TravBuddy. She's got a great sense of humor, is very intelligent and has an easy going attitude that is perfect for traveling. If you get the chance to meet her, I highly recommend you do!

Diana

Vouched for on July 4, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

I met him and his familiy in May 2014 while traveling Japan. A mutual travbuddy friend introduced us to each other on travbuddy.

Why are you vouching for them?

I loved traveling with him and his familiy! They are easy to talk to and so warm-hearted. I felt so comfortable being around them. I love his kids! Kids should always be that curious about the world and travel a lot!

Nolan is a great organiser, his plans are very detailed and everything goes smooth without any stress! I really enjoyed having him and his Family as my travbuddies!!

I am looking forward to meeting them again in the near future!

IVAN

Janette
Vouched for on July 1, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

I met with Janette in Barcelona and Madrid during her trip in Europe.

Why are you vouching for them?

Janette is a very nice person, friendly, talkative, polite and funny. We had good time together, we were talking about many topics, enjoying local food and meeting with some of my friends in Barcelona and Madrid. i hope to see her again.

Emilia

Francis
Vouched for on July 1, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

I've known Francis for some time already. He is an active TB member and the forum 'spammer' :P I met him in person in Warsaw, where I live. From here we went together to Zelazowa Wola.

Why are you vouching for them?

Francis is extremaly friendly and his personality is really what TravBuddy is all about. It is very easy to talk to him and share stories. We chatted tons. Well, to be more clear, he let me to talk non-stop. He seems very calm but with great sense of humor. He didn't mind me joking abt Ireland, but well, I didn't mind him calling me a 'Warsaw's snob' as well ;P I know he was just teasing.

You should meet Francis if you get the chance :)

P.S. Thank you for the Irish chocolates ;) extra kcals to burn :P

Luis
Vouched for on June 30, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

He showed me around Mexico City for a day.

Why are you vouching for them?

Very courteous, was knowledgeable and took time out of his schedule to share Mexican facts with me.

Francis

Emilia
Vouched for on June 30, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

I've known Emi for some time on the site. She is an active Travbuddy. I had a very favourable impression and when the chance came to meet up during a weekend trip to Warsaw, I took it.

We went on a half-day trip out to Chopin's house outside Warsaw and then we went for something to eat and Emi showed me around the city a bit.

Why are you vouching for them?

Emi is a Travbuddy who epitomises the spirit of the site. Loves travelling, loves meeting people and is very helpful to everybody.

It was a fantastic experience to meet her in person at last and I would welcome any opportunity to do so again. Hopefully soon. Maybe in Ireland, Emi?

Janette

IVAN
Vouched for on June 28, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

I contacted Ivan through Travbuddy for the Spain leg of my solo travel to Europe. I met him in Barcelona at the start of my journey and was fortunate to travel with him to a few portions of Spain.

Why are you vouching for them?

I believe Ivan is the quintessential Travbuddy- easygoing, interesting and very well travelled.
He is naturally amiable and good humored, that it is not impossible to be comfortable with him even on the first meeting.
His knowledge and cleverness do not only come from regular academic education and vicarious experience from books, but also from actual interaction and explorations of the land, cultures, and peoples of the different places he has been to. He has a passion for TraveLearning, which is evident in how well he deals with people.
So, if you ever get a chance to meet him, go and do so, and you will be thankful.
I am glad that I connected with Ivan and hope that I have other opportunities to travel with this wonderful person.

Dor

VĂ­ctor
Vouched for on June 25, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

We've met in San Francisco, and traveled together for a month in California.

Why are you vouching for them?

Victor is a great partner to travel with.
It was the first time i used TravelBuddy, and the experience was good.
He is a good and happy guy, who enjoys doing many kind of things.
He is also an open-minded type of guy, so making plans together was easy and flexible.
I highly recommend him as a partner :)

the one…
Vouched for on June 24, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

We met on a walking tour in Sarajevo which she had found and suggested.

Why are you vouching for them?

She's great company, very knowledgeable and extremely well-travelled!