TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Eric

Andile
Vouched for on April 24, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

In Bangkok Thailand . Travel by taxi, bus, mini van, and water!

Why are you vouching for them?

She is an awesome travel buddy! Fun, energetic, relax and generally a great attitude in all situations. I would definitely travel with her again. After your travels through Asia, I want to hear about your Price Negotiations skills at work!

Francis

Natasja
Vouched for on April 22, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

I have known Natasja for most of my seven years on this site and really had a very positive impression of her.

I was in Copenhagen Easter 2014 and finally had the chance to meet her and her daughter. She very kindly invited me to lunch in her place even she is busy with her daughter and family.

Why are you vouching for them?

I had no doubt that my very postive impression of Natasja would be confirmed in reality, and it was.

She is really pleasant, fun, interesting, intelligent and beautiful in every way. She is also a great cook!

It was a huge pleasure to meet her and I hope to do so again very soon.

Kunaal

Viktoria
Vouched for on April 22, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

In Dubai. We did a small tour around the Burj Khalifa with her friends :)

Why are you vouching for them?

Because she has a pleasant personality and is fun to be around. She loves the beach :) Hopefully, we will travel together some day soon :)

Hali
Vouched for on April 21, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

I met Hali in Marrakech after planning a trip with her around Morocco. We travelled together with Kanak, another TB member from April 7-18, 2014

Why are you vouching for them?

Hali is has a happy personality and always chirpy. Never a dull moment. She is like a girl scout who packs everything needed so you can almost count on her having whatever you need that you forget to bring :P

Hali is easy to get along with and there are many laughs in her company. Fun woman.

Sisca
Vouched for on April 18, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

Sisca is a fun person to be with, she knows well places to visit in Bandung area, we met at the Lara djonggrang resto we got to know eachother well as we both love trekking and hiking,

Why are you vouching for them?

She gave use great hospitality in in Bandung and we went to Mount Gallungung with Other TB, would love to travel with her again in future

Samantha
Vouched for on April 17, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

We had plans to travel together but then we were not able to coordinate our plan and finally when she visited bangalore she called me up for a dinner. I had a nice time with and would love to travel with her to some artistic place as she is an art history major. :)

Why are you vouching for them?

Although our plans of meeting and traveling together never really shaped but it was really nice of her to come down to Bangalore and gave me a call to meetup for a dinner. After meeting her I felt that she is really a nice and cute person and any traveler would love her company. So I thought it would be nice to vouch for her. :)

Alice
Vouched for on April 15, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

As I was planning for a short trip to HK, I reached out to several HK TBs who seemed to be active on this site and initially received interests for a possible meet-up from 4 TBs but at the end it was Alice who was able to make the actual meet-up.

Why are you vouching for them?

In Buddhism, there is a concept of karma and every seemingly undeserved good things that happens to you in this life are the result of some great deeds that you did in the past. So in meeting Alice by chance and luck, I am quite sure that I must have done something extraordinary for the humanity in the past like saving an entire nation from some calamity:) This is how I feel after spending 2 afternoon and evening hours with her as my guide and dining companion in HK. When I initially reached out to the HK TBs, I sought to have a casual food crawl experience with a few people who enjoy good food. Given HK's reputation as foodie paradise with so many eating venues from street food to the haute cuisine, I thought this was a good way to spend a few hours with local TBs.

Alice it turned out to be a highly skilled cook who truly enjoys cooking and fine dining. Under her guidance, I was able to stroll the streets in Wan Chai, Causeway Bay and Central in HK island without getting nervous or distracted about thoughts of getting lost. Along the way, we made stops for food and drinks with Alice trying her best to explain about notable landmarks and old buildings while lamenting together the fact that many Asian cities are losing the old charm in their mad dash toward development. I also had the opportunity to browse through a photo collection of her dishes, cakes, pies, etc, quite amused by her passion to cook and feed others. One must be born with such caring nature.

What more can you ask from a TB? If you happen to spend some time with her on your travels around the world, you have to believe that you must have done something really special in your past life to deserve such luck in this life and do enjoy every minute that you get to spend with her. She actually lives the ideal TB experience that we all seek on this site.

Leandro
Vouched for on April 15, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

Leandro met up with me while I was in his home town of Rio, I was on a business trip and mostly by myself. We met for dinner and also to do some shopping!

Why are you vouching for them?

Leandro is a doll! I am so glad I met him as I think we will be friends for life. He went out of his way to show me around town, tell me how life is in Rio/Brazil, he constantly gave me tips, precautions and advice on where to go/what to do. We had so much fun and great conversations over meals and walks. You can't pay for what he did!
I am so glad I found this site and had a great experience for my first time.

Leandro, you were my first Travbuddy meet and it will be hard to find someone better than you.
I am forever in debt for your kindness!
Abra├žos e beijos!

Nurul

Vouched for on April 14, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

We met through TravBuddy. I saw his plan to come to KL and wished him a good trip. He suggested for a meet up and I agreed. At first, I didnt expect him to come to my city because it's quite a long journey from KL to Kuantan by bus. But he came! It was a pleasure meeting him!

Why are you vouching for them?

Aziz is a simple, easy-going and charming guy. And very fit! '271 meter height and 1100 stairs' is no easy task and yet, he climbed up and down the hill running =..=''

He's funny! I do like to listen to him talking and telling stories. He's good with people too! It's easy to feel comfortable being around him. He drives better than me, obviously. Women are bad drivers, rightt ;)

He likes nature, adventures and exploring new places. He even took me to a place that I have never been to - a cave!

Now what are you waiting for? Come meet this guy! :D

Nurul
Vouched for on April 14, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

We met In TB first then started chatting from while to while and plan for my trip to Her city .
I visited her city 'Kuantan' for 2 days and she spent most of her time taking me in a tour to a different places in and outside the city

Why are you vouching for them?

Nurul Ain is well organised ,well traveled and very good listener.We spent good times in Kuantan. she took me almost in all places started by picking me up from Bus terminal until dropping me back to it next day , we even climbed buket panorama '271 meter height and 1100 stairs :D '
she helped me to find a hostel and did the online booking too ,offered me a variety of local food that i couldn't resist . She is so innocent with a pure heart and extremely helpful.
Nour is a lifetime Guaranteed for future TB ;).
terima kaseh dan jumpa satu lagi