TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

pierre

Keiko
Vouched for on June 20, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

We spent a day hanging out in Tokyo after talking on travbuddy

Why are you vouching for them?

She showed many nice places which maybe I wouldn't have visited on my own!

Ilva

mario
Vouched for on June 18, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

Mario came to visit Latvia and I was glad to show him around.

Why are you vouching for them?

Mario is very easy going and with a very open personality. It was very cool to spend time with him and talk about all the differences there is to see in the world. He has a good sense of humour (from my perspective at least), good taste for beer, he was even willing to taste the Latvian garlic bread that most travellers don't like :)

I really enjoyed the time he was visiting the country I live in and would definitely meet him again somewhere around the world.

Virginia

Vouched for on June 14, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I reached out to Katie through Travbuddy after I read she was coming to Zanzibar where I am currently living. I really wanted to see more of the islands but preferred to travel with someone so I thought this could be a great opportunity for both of us.

We arranged most of our travel plans online until we met in her hotel for breakfast to confirm our itinerary.

Why are you vouching for them?

Because I had so much fun on all our trips and there is absolutely no dull moment with her. We had a lot of things in common so it clicked from the get go and I did not regret for one second reaching out to her. Katie has traveled a lot, has experienced a lot and I am grateful I got the chance to spend time with her and learn so much from her. I would love to travel again with her as she is fun, easy - going, not afraid to try new things and most of all she can laugh when nothing goes as planned. I am sure we will meet again somewhere.

Boris

Ellie
Vouched for on June 13, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

We met on short notice after an initial email through TravBuddy as we both stayed at the same city on that day. We had a coffee together and encountered that we both wanted to travel to the Cliffs of Moher - and then travelled there together.

Why are you vouching for them?

Ellie as well as her partner had already hired a car and had only that day left to see the Cliffs. They invited me to join them without any hesitations. That is really really friendly! We had such a nice day and made awesome experience which others won´t have that easily so I will not forget about this day! They are very friendly, open minded and laid-back travellers. Thanks for that very nice day and hope to meet you again some day!

Virginia
Vouched for on June 9, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

Virginia currently lives in Zanzibar and she contacted me about perhaps taking some tours together, since travelling is always more fun when you are sharing the experience.

We met for breakfast my first morning in Stone Town Zanzibar, and now we have taken several tours together and traveled all over the main island and a few of the smaller ones.

Why are you vouching for them?

I just want to say that Virginia is a delight in every way. She is incredibly energetic, curious, intelligent and a fantastic conversationalist. Virginia has a personality that absolutely sparkles. I will be sad to leave Zanzibar, but especially sad to have to say goodbye (at least for now) to Virginia.

Ryan

Vouched for on May 31, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

Saghar and I met for dinner and coffee over two different weekends in Sydney.

Why are you vouching for them?

I met Saghar for something to eat and mostly to talk about Iran and tips for traveling there and questions I had about some of the festivals. Though she'd broken her foot a mere couple weeks prior, she met up and made her way to a nearby restaurant so we could chat! She also provided me with some great tips about Sydney and had various interesting conversations. Saghar has a great perspective and personality and I look forward to hopefully seeing her again somewhere in the world!

Ellie

Boris
Vouched for on May 31, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

Boris wrote me on TravBuddy and we met up for a coffee in Limerick. We realized quickly we were both headed to the Cliffs of Moher for the day and decided to travel from there together.

Why are you vouching for them?

My partner and I had a great time with Boris and would definitely meet up with him again. He's a very laid back, fun traveler.

Roland
Vouched for on May 30, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

We traveled together around Iceland even if we didn't know each other before, just met at the airport, took the car and go!

Why are you vouching for them?

Roland is trustworthy, we didn't know each other and just went together for a roadtrip and it went well! He is able to have serious conversation and always up for a beer! He is easy going and you should have a good time if you meet him!

Isabelle

Javier
Vouched for on May 30, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I met Javier in Madrid, we had dinner together. Javier also offered me to join a group of people to see a film and have a drink but it was too late.

Why are you vouching for them?

Javier is a trustworthy person and I had a great evening thanks to him. He took me to a beautiful antic restaurant that I would normally not have visited. His conversation was really interesting and I would be happy to meet him again in the future or if he visits London.

Vouched for on May 28, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

Chris visited Singapore late 2015 and we had a great, fun day exploring Singapore on foot.

Why are you vouching for them?

He's genuine, fun to be with and easy to talk to. And he can walk miles and miles on, haha. Happy travels!