TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Francis
How did you meet in real life?

I had been connected with Francis via TravBuddy since 2007 and have conversely via TravBuddy for many years.

My family and I were traveling through Europe and we made a stop in Dublin in June of 2017 and I was finally able to meet with Francis for lunch. He is as I had imagined, a pleasant man and I will certainly look him up when I return to Ireland and/or Europe.

Why are you vouching for them?

I have no other incentive to vouch for Francis other than my recognition that Francis matches his TravBuddy profile personality in person as well.

In Travbuddy ANTARCTICA Mett-Up

Why are you vouching for them?

I am vouching for Jantima because I am returning the favour, lol, just kidding! She is very kind for doing so even if we didn't bond that much during the trip, but whenever we have a chance, we always have a good laugh! She's an adventurous foodie too like me so I hope I could try one of her cooking when I meet her again because I heard it's really good :)

JR
How did you meet in real life?

He is our organizer for the Travbuddy ANTARCTICA Meet-Up. We met for the first time in Buenos Aires enjoying our pint of beer!

Why are you vouching for them?

I am vouching for him because without all his efforts I don't our Antarctica plans will become a reality! I or all of us owe him a lot for this! Thank you JR for doing this and messaging me when I already lost hope of making this dream come true.

JR during this trip is like the big brother I never had, it was always good to be beside him in Antarctica because he keeps me warm, lol! Seriously, he dug my snow hole during our Antarctica camping when all I could do was just one straight line, lol! Thanks for saving me from freezing my ass off that night, miss you brother! :)

Vouched for on August 16, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Met Jantima this year (2017) in South America.

Why are you vouching for them?

Firstly, she's a Chef! a good, and very resourceful chef at that. I can't forget how she was able to prepare all ingredients and cook a delicious Chicken curry in a remote place of El Chalten in Argentina.

Secondly, she's very pleasant, beautiful, and smart lady. A highly energetic, and always on the go. I wouldn't mind travelling with her in the future.

Vouched for on August 15, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I met him at Singing Lamb Hostel in Chile where we continue our trek throuh Patagonia.

Why are you vouching for them?

Romel is very friendly and easy going guy. He always have a smile on his face. We went through W Trek together for the 1st day and also we went to hike around El Chalten together. I'd like to meet him more next time.

Vouched for on August 15, 2017

RK

Vouched for on August 10, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Eshwar, another Travbuddy member I met in Toronto, told Jon about my visit to British Columbia. Jon was very kind and sent me a message on Facebook to meet up. We met in the last day of my trip to Canada. We met for dinner and then Jon took me on a tour to Vancouver Lookout, Gastown and few blocks around that area. We then walked back to my hostel.

Why are you vouching for them?

Jon is genuinely a kind and knowledgeable person. We walked together for four hours after having dinner, however, we were constantly talking, chatting and laughing. He is an ideal Vancouver local who can tell you the inside and outside stories about the city, a real traveler with lots of information. I loved how honest, open, straightforward he was. Thank you Jon, you made my trip to Vancouver outstanding :)

RK
Vouched for on August 8, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Rashed met up my TravBuddy friend Eshwar in Toronto, and Eshwar was aware Rashed's travel plan to Vancouver and informed me about it. Therefore, I FB messaged him and arranged a meet up in Vancouver. Due to Rashed tight schedule in Vancouver, we only met up briefly for 4 hours on his last night to have dinner and walked to visit couple local attractions plus the downtown Eastside, known for homeless and an interesting contrast to the typical local attractions.

Why are you vouching for them?

Even though we met and chatted for 4 hours, I found Rashed to be very funny, easy going, and a genuinely nice person inside and outside! I was glad to have met him and hope our paths will cross again, and maybe travelling together in the future.

Thanks, Rashed and it is nice knowing you, and I hope the world has more nice people nice you!

Fergy

Kathrin
Vouched for on July 28, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Kathrin was another member of the now defunct Virtual Tourist website and we met through meetings organised on that site.

Why are you vouching for them?

As well as being very well-travelled, Kathrin writes extremely well and always researches her writing meticulously. I love reading her stuff. She is also wonderful company, an absolutely charming lady.

Vouched for on July 27, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

we connected through travbud as i posted that i would like to meet locals in Vancouver to travel or show me around. Jon contacted me and we went from there.

Why are you vouching for them?

Jon is such an amazing being. He so good to have around and he's extremely knowledgeable about Vancouver. He was so nice to drive me around town when I landed in BC, and he's one of the most helpful person I know. We met frequently and had the best bike ride around Stanley park, indulged in delicious ice cream and ended the day with an amazing dinner at The Cactus club. We bonded over dinner and got to know each other much better.. i will definitely come back to Vancouver to visit this new friend of mine. :)
Jon, pls come to Singapore for a visit, as promised I'll take you to places you'll enjoy!!