TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Scot

Vance
Vouched for on March 5, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

Vance and I had exchanged comments on TB a few times. So when I noticed that he would be within an hour of where I live I sent him a shout out. He in turn invited me to join him for a five mile hike at Myakka State Park in Sarasota, Florida. Located in the park is a place called Deep Hole which is home to hundreds of alligators. No fences. No barriers. Who in their right mind would say no to that?

Why are you vouching for them?

Vance is a great guy. He is well traveled and has such a wealth of knowledge. He's incredibly easy to talk to and has an amazing sense of humor. We only got to hang out for a couple of hours but it only takes a few minutes with Vance to know that he's one of the good ones. Hopefully our paths will cross again one day.

Samantha

Lorenzo…

I met Lorenzo in amsterdam

Why are you vouching for them?

Lorenzo and I have traveled together in amsterdam, we visited all the city and many museums, we spoke English and he taught me a bit of Italian. Lorenzo is a special and friendly person. I've had great days with him.
Grazie Lorenzo

Lorenzo…

I met Lorenzo with TravBuddy

Why are you vouching for them?

I met Lorenzo in Florence, he's a great guy and kind, showed me the city and many nice places. I spent two days with him, and I had a wonderful experience. I hope to meet you again Lorenzo

If you want to have a good experience in Florence ... Lorenzo is a great guide :)

Jon

How did you meet in real life?

We first met in the lobby of Aspen Suites in Bangkok. We were both attending the huge Bangkok travbuddy meetup in February 2015 and I recommended the hotel I was staying at because I thought it was good value, so Jai and his friend stayed in the same accommodation as me for the week.

Why are you vouching for them?

I got on very well with Jai, he is a cool guy and really laid back. I had spoken to him a lot on WhatsApp prior to meeting him in Bangkok so I already had communicated loads with him for many months before the meetup. The first thing that we did after meeting in the hotel lobby was walk to the end of our Soi (road) where I got some fast food in McDonalds which I couldn't eat because I was hungover from the night before lol, then we went to the outside bar at the Novotel Ploen Chit for a couple of beers. We talked a lot about cricket and travbuddy stuff, and Jai was a very active part of the meetup in Bangkok. As well as the drinking activities in the evenings along Sukhumvit, we both went to the Grand Palace and also travelled to Ayutthaya with the rest of the group for sightseeing. The last night before we left Thailand, he was nice enough to share a beer with me from his minibar and we chatted for a while until saying our goodbyes. Will be happy to meet up with him again someday if our paths cross.

Sirin

How did you meet in real life?

I firstly met Nolan at Bkk meet-up in February 2014 and again February 2015.

Why are you vouching for them?

Nolan is active, nice to talk with, always help anything. He is one of lovely tb friends I ever have.
He organised well in Bkk meet up, thanks Nolan. So bad we had just little time to meet, no time to travel together.
Hopefully we will meet again with some travel together. :)

How did you meet in real life?

I first met Jai at the Bangkok meetup on February 15, 2015. Prior to that we were constantly exchanging messages on TravBuddy, FaceBook and WhatsApp so it was like meeting a friend I knew for quite some time already when we finally met in Bangkok.

Why are you vouching for them?

Jai is one guy who enjoys life at the present moment - whether it be playing tourist, eating, drinking, clubbing, and so on! He is a ladies' man and always greets almost every TravBuddy we meet in meetups even via a message on WhatsApp or Facebook (that is, if he hasn't met them in person).

What is unique about Jai (and also unique for him being an Indian) is that he is also Catholic and we often exchange notes about the best church to visit while on a TravBuddy vacation. Jai is spiritual and yet manages to enjoy as much of life in our human world - definitely somebody you would enjoy hanging out with.

Looking forward to visiting and traveling again with Jai in India, hopefully in 2016!

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/125217/Bangkok-Thailand-2

Christi…
How did you meet in real life?

Although we know each other since years through TB we finally met in Copenhagen ;)

Yunni (Gingerbatik) was so kind to organise a meet up!

Why are you vouching for them?

Well...... Christian is one of the 'real' Travbuddies...

The lunch in Copenhagen was great, your advice to visit the David Collection turned out well!

Christian, don't speed up too much ;))
See you!

Huram
How did you meet in real life?

We met at the Copenhagen meet-up Feb. 2015 during a lovely lunch in the restaurant located in the 'Black Diamond'. At lunch we enjoyed some champagne :)

Why are you vouching for them?

Uh... Huram is born in the '80..... me in the '60.....
but despite this figures we had a great time and talked about traveling, living abroad, food & wine, and of course, about Copenhagen!

Walking back to the central station we discussed the meaning of figures in general!! ;) !!

Mickey
How did you meet in real life?

Yunni (Gingerbatik) invited me for the Copenhagen meet-up.....
The first 'new' Travbuddy I met in Copenhagen was Mickey (as I knew Yunni already since 2012). Actually I know Mickey since a couple of years through TB, but meeting in real life is different!

Why are you vouching for them?

And.... it was good to meet Mickey as he made me feel very welcome!

Besides sharing some travel and some food & wine experiences Mickey guided us around the old town of Copenhagen! I will post a photo to prove it :)

Hope to meet you again.... in Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Breda... or ... where ever!!!

Sirin
How did you meet in real life?

I first met Sirin on February 15, 2014 at our first Bangkok TravBuddy meetup. She had just signed on to TravBuddy the month prior and this was her first meetup, as I didn't expect that she would show up after inquiring about it but am absolutely glad that she did.

Why are you vouching for them?

Sirin is a very sweet lady who despite her busy schedule, manages to make time for her TravBuddy friends. Since our first meeting at the Bangkok meetup in February 2014, Sirin and I have constantly been in touch with each other via WhatsApp and Facebook. Sirin has been instrumental in planning the highly successful follow up meetup in Bangkok on February 15, 2015.

She is an intelligent and witty lady, always ready with a smile and a helping hand to her friends who visit her home city of Bangkok. While our plans to meet in Chiang Mai didn't push through, we still managed to meet for a late lunch in Bangkok the day before I returned to Manila during my second trip there for the February 2015 meetup.

Here's to looking forward for more meetups, lunches and dinners, as well as spa sessions :D

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/106051/Bangkok-meetup-Above-Eleven-Bar-6