TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Vance
Vouched for on January 6, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

After a failed attempt to meet up in Chicago we tried our luck this time in California. We decided to go for a road trip in four states, CA, NV, AZ, and UT, that involved camping and lots of hiking and sightseeing.

Why are you vouching for them?

Vance is one of my earliest friends on TB. I enjoy his writing style, sense of humor and never ending puns. Even before I met him I knew we have very similar personality and likings from our conversations. And I was right! He is very generous, open minded and easy going that makes a trip extremely enjoyable.
After I dropped him off at Vegas airport it was a long drive back home for me. In order to take revenge I am going to post mind blowing photos of Joshua Tree National Park that I explored alone :D

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/139337/

Vance

Vouched for on January 4, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Even though Sima successfully avoided me by moving away from Chicago just before I visited in 2013, lol, we both enjoy hiking and when she mentioned a road trip including Antelope Canyon there was no way I could refuse.

Why are you vouching for them?

Sima has traveled far and wide and her experience shows. Perhaps more important, she cherishes exploring new places deeply --- meaning she is resourceful and researches targeted destinations, but is open to improvising when unexpected opportunities pop up. She is sure to get up close and personal with a new site by interacting with locals and setting out on foot to explore every nook and cranny.

Best of all, she is a fun and gracious human. It usually does not take long for folks to get on one another's nerves, but we rambled about for a week and I was remiss when it was time to return home.

Tharindu

Alexis
Vouched for on December 28, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

During her visit to Sri Lanka in 2016.

Why are you vouching for them?

It was a pleasure to travel with her for a few days. She is an experienced traveler, having good knowledge all around the world also always does her homework in visiting local sites. She has a good sense of humor and is very patient and kind too. We had a good time laughing on 'dutch' jokes. Would definitely like to travel with her again.

Hali

Vouched for on December 21, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I first met Wouter in Bangkok in spring 2016 and then again at the Warsaw Poland meetup in September 2016. Look forward to seeing him again in Malaga Spain for New Years 2016

Why are you vouching for them?

Wouter is a true friend in every sense of the word. He will stick by you and be there for you. We had a lot of fun together and had some good conversations! He may come across shy at first until you get to know him, but he is soooo worth getting to know! Look forward to our next meetup!

Andreja
Vouched for on December 14, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I am living in Malta for two months and Andrej stopped over a few days.

Why are you vouching for them?

He is good fun, easy going and great company. I get the feeling you can suggest anything to do or anywhere to go and he'll be up for it - my perfect travel buddy 👍

Andreja

Vouched for on December 14, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

We meet in Malta after finding out that both of us are in the same place at the same time...

Why are you vouching for them?

I had a great time with Gwen, and I wish that I had more time in Malta so that we can visit some other areas together.

Fay
How did you meet in real life?

I visited Kuala Lumpur during 13 to 18 October 2016. I wanted to meet few TBs in KL and around so I created a meetup page at TB. I met Fay when she also joined the meetup on 14th Oct. in KL.

Why are you vouching for them?

Arie Fay is really a nice girl with passion of travel. We met on 14th Oct with few other TBs and had a lots of chatting. When I asked her to join me for my Batu Caves excursion the next day, she showed her willingness. We went to Batu caves and explored that area. Then we went to few other places like National mosque etc. She is a great person to travel with. She has been travelling for since long time and really a treasure of knowledge. She is a person who is down to earth and once can easily talk with. Would like to meet her some day again.

soon th…
How did you meet in real life?

I visited Kuala Lumpur during the period 13 October 2016 to 17 October 2016. I met him at a TB meetup in KL.

Why are you vouching for them?

I had planned to visit KL during October 2016 and was looking for active TBs whom I can meet during my stay there. Uncle soon was a person who responded very quickly for the meetup plan. He even suggested good places where we can meet and eat local food.

I met him twice during my stay in KL. He is a real gentleman with lots of local knowledge. He is very enthusiastic in chatting about Malaysia may it be any subject like travel, local people, places, education, traffic etc etc. He drove me to Melaka in his car and was very kind spending an entire day showing me different places in Melaka. We had very interesting chat on different topics during our tour.

I really appreciate his passion of travelling and would like to meet him some time again.

Fay

How did you meet in real life?

First met Bhushan at a KL group meetup (Venue: Tapak Urban Street Dining) on 14th of Oct 2016. The next day, 15th of Oct, we met up at Batu Caves to explore Batu Caves and Mesjid Kuala Lumpur together.

Why are you vouching for them?

Bhushan is a sincere, interesting, open-minded, down to earth guy. He did his research on how to efficiently explore KL while also being able to be flexible. Moreover, he is a good photographer. His personality makes traveling together much more interesting and memorable.

Ken

Vouched for on November 30, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I was planning a trip to Ottawa, Canada, for the long Thanksgiving Weekend (24-27 Nov 16) and noticed Corie was interested in the trip to the U.S. We started messaging back and forth and agreed to meet up when I got to Ottawa. The first night we went to the Ottawa Senators/Boston Bruins hockey game...the locals won. Corie was gracious enough to spend a good deal of time with me during my visit. She was a perfect host and showed me areas of the city I wouldn't have found myself. If you get the chance to meet Corie you will feel yourself very lucky to make a great new friend! I'm looking forward to seeing her again, and hopefully getting a chance to show her Boston!

Why are you vouching for them?

Corie made my visit to Ottawa even more enjoyable than it would have been. She is a genuinely nice person who was a pleasure to hang out with. This was my first solo travel adventure in a very long time and Corie set the standard for hospitality!!