TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Vouched for on July 20, 2015

I met Jantima in Beijing in late June 2015

Why are you vouching for them?

Jantima is friendly and welcoming while I was in Beijing and showed me around the area when she has time.
Underneath her calm and reserve personality, she has a wick sense of humour and intelligent questions which try to dig deep into my background and age which I found amusing and a bit odd (it might be the Asian things).

I sense a strong personality and determination in her character and I believe she will success in whatever she wants to do in her life.

I salute her for her travel adventure especially for the Peru trip since it was one of the destination I would like to visit.

We had a great time in Beijing, exploring the Summer Palace and the cuisines and get to know each other.

Currently we only scratch the surface of each other, and I look forward to meet her again in the future, either in Asia or Europe and develop our friendship and enjoying the cuisines together.

See you around Jantima...:)

Mickey
Vouched for on July 18, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

I met Mickey in Beijing June 2015 when he was stop over to visit Beijing and other city before he went to Mongolia

Why are you vouching for them?

My first impression with Mickey is calm, soft and cold humor LOL (he use to joke with me one time and until now I still don't get it Mickey! LOL

He is an easy going guy and always in good moods. I don't see him upset during our meet-up. I didn't talk with him much on TB except for congrats each other on the award and just a few words before he arrived in Beijing.

So far it is my good impression on him and I wish one day I could meet up with him again. Thank you Mickey for your friendship. Hope I see you one day in Copenhagen! Tell me that joke again please LOL!

Vouched for on July 18, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

I met gingerbatik in real life when she plan her trip to Mongolia and by stopping in Beijing in June 2015

Why are you vouching for them?

First, she is a pretty lady. More I look at more, more I see the beauty in her.
Second, she loves to travel (oh even not for climbing) ;)
Third, she loves to explore culinary experience from various country and she is more adventurous in flavor and foods (kind of foods) than me. [Except she doesn't like milk)
Forth, she has a 'child' character under her lady like. No, she is not a childish but she has a young soul. I loves when she took her soft toy around in her backpack to visit places. I do have my dolls too. You see how we can get along well together.

She is a fun soul of travel and easily get thing in talk (in secret messages) very well which can show her intelligent. When it is about the time, she never late for the appointment. (We met several days). I wish I could meet and travel with her one day in the future for the culinary experience! Thank you Yunni for meet-up with me.

Tineke
Vouched for on July 17, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

we met at several meetups. So i know her for a long time now.

Why are you vouching for them?

She is always interested in others. She is open minded, and a very good cook :). We talk a lot here on tb and fb. You can trust her.

Vouched for on July 16, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

After only giving him a short notice, we met at the Central mall in Bangkok during the week.

Why are you vouching for them?

Ritz is a new member to the Travbuddy community. We had been talking about the TB Site and meeting up. I came into central Bangkok on Thursday for a trade show and on short notice wrote to him to see if he had time to meet on that day. We were able to pull it off and meet at one of the Central malls in Bangkok. I only had a couple hours to spend but we had a nice time talking. We even had our picture taken with some of the local sales ladies. Lol. Hopefull I will have the pleasure to hang out with him again.

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/photos/blogs/6729921

Trần
Vouched for on July 15, 2015
Have you traveled together? Yes
How did you meet in real life?

It happened on Sunday (12 July 2015), the day before I departed from Hanoi on Monday. Huong voluntarily became our tourist guide for city tour around Hanoi.
We met in the morning and she came to my hotel while my daughter and I were just starting for breakfast. We then starting the city tour from Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and finished at the Temple of Literature. She also helped us getting Durian cakes :)

Why are you vouching for them?

Huong is a friendly girl. She is quite helpful and we thank her for sacrificing her sleeping time on Sunday to go around the city with us.

Daniel

Ana
Vouched for on July 14, 2015

Ana showed me around Barcelona

Why are you vouching for them?

She was a great guide and friendly person! We had nice tapas and met her cool friends too.

Vance

Ebony
Vouched for on July 10, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

Ebony planned on visiting my home town (Wilmington, NC) over the July Fourth weekend...and like every good TB reached out to see if I was interested in showing her around. That is what this site is all about!

Why are you vouching for them?

Ebony is a genuinely lovely human being, very kind, considerate and fun! Better yet, she possesses that curiosity which typifies folks here at TB --> my 'tour' did not follow the standard sites, and I was tickled Ebony was game to explore.

She has a great sense of humor and we had a pleasant time just rambling about...even if my battery charger failed to resurrect her cell phone! I'll make sure it is charged next time, Ebony..... :^)

Vouched for on July 7, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

I met John at LAX Tom Bradley International Airport on May 31, 2015 while both of us were flying to Asia (to MNL for me and BKK for John). We were both headed to our destinations via Taipei although we were on different Taiwanese carriers.

Why are you vouching for them?

Despite the short notice (I posted a request for meetups in Los Angeles as soon as we booked our tickets), John mentioned that he will be transiting LAX on May 31st - coincidentally, that was the night we were checking in for our post-midnight flight!

So we exchanged messages on TravBuddy and SMS, and updated each other until I got to the airport, and he walked over to my gate. We had about an hour to catch up on many things (family, the Philippines, Thailand, traveling) and had it not been for the final call for me to board my flight, could have gone on for a few more hours!

John is a flexible traveler, and shares my love of Asia traveling. He likes camping with family, and definitely will not miss an opportunity to meet up with fellow TravBuddies.

As John has recently joined the list of Eleven Heaven awardees, this is absolute testament that he is among those who embody the TravBuddy spirit and lifestyle. Definitely we will get together again at some point, hopefully more than an hour next time.

I highly recommend those who have a chance to meet him to grab that opportunity - the conversations are a great start!

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/106051/Airport-meetup-John-pensacolapyro-20

Phyllis

Bill
Vouched for on July 5, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

Met Bill at the Hotlanta Meetup.

Why are you vouching for them?

Super guy and definitely one you want to have in your camp! He's always upbeat and positive, even in the most stressful times -- something every traveler can appreciate.

He has a wide range of humor, and a unique one at that! He is very knowledgeable in travel and can come up with great ideas at the last minute.

As a friend, he is definitely an asset that you'll want to always keep close. And if you ever get the honor of having him as a friend, you'll feel very privileged!