TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Tony
Vouched for on November 27, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Tony was visiting Bangkok with his friend, and as I live in the city, he contacted me to meet. We had a ton of fun on a shopping trip.

Why are you vouching for them?

It was a pleasure to meet you Tony. Also glad to be your first vouch. :D Tony and his friend Kai are very friendly and are the best shopping partners. It was an incredibly fun Sunday and I can't thank them enough. No doubt that we will see each other in the future to continue the (shopping) adventures!

Scot

Vouched for on November 21, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Stacey and I have been friends thru TB & FB for a while now so while I was on a road trip in the New England area I made a stop in Ottawa to meet her in person.

Why are you vouching for them?

Stacey and her husband Stuart are the most gracious of hosts. They fed me, they put me up for the weekend, and showed me around Ottawa. We went bar hopping, we saw an AC/DC tribute band, we watched bad movies, we watched good movies, we drank some more. And most importantly we laughed. Non-stop. It was an incredibly fun weekend and I can't thank Stacey enough. No doubt that we will see each other in the future to continue the adventures!

Anne
Vouched for on November 19, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

We met in November at Terminal 21 in Bangkok.

Why are you vouching for them?

It was a pleasure to meet you Anne. After chatting online and making sure I did not get any work calls I was able to get away for a couple hours too meet. Anne is very well traveled and was traveling so much on this trip it was nice to sit down and talk with her. Hopefully next time we will both have more time. Also glad to be your first vouch. 😊

Karl

Irene
Vouched for on November 16, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

We knew each other already loosely from Virtualtourist. When I posted on Travbuddy that I had an upcoming trip to HongKong, Irene contacted me and suggested to meet for dinner during my trip. At the end, we went twice!

Why are you vouching for them?

Irene and Peter are two very friendly and very pleasant travellers who gave me some useful advice for Hong Kong. Our chat was so nice, that we didn't notice how fast the time ran. Thanks a lot for two wonderful evenings!

Jenny

Asa
Vouched for on October 31, 2017
Have you traveled together? Yes
How did you meet in real life?

Via TravBuddy and met in LA.

Why are you vouching for them?

Asa was very easy to communicate with and made our trip very comfortable and ensured to gather my input on ideas for our mini road trip which ended up being a blast!

Asa

Jenny
Vouched for on October 29, 2017
Have you traveled together? Yes
How did you meet in real life?

We met in Los Angeles and had a ton of fun on a mini road trip!

Why are you vouching for them?

Because shes fun to travel with and I hope she has lots of great adventures!

Vouched for on October 21, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Yasuyo was visiting Madrid with her daughter, and as I live in the city, she contacted me to meet for drinks/coffee etc.

Why are you vouching for them?

I have spoken to Yasuyo since my very first days on TB! I always enjoyed her comments and smiles. Quite often, a 'great person' online isn't necessarily the same in person. Fortunately, Yasuyo doesn't have this problem! She was affable, funny and friendly from the beginning. She is a true TB member and traveller through and through. She fitted into the beer and tapas lifestyle of Madrid easily, and she is full of interesting and funny stories. Open-minded, funny, easy going - what more could you want.

Yasuyo thanks very much for meeting me. It was a great honour - I hope to visit you in Japan very soon :)

Vouched for on October 21, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I contacted Vipin before going to Madrid as I noticed he is living in there. Vipin took time for me to see the night and we had local dinner and beers,then night tour in Madrid!

Why are you vouching for them?

Vipin is very friendly and so so kindness! I asked him to have local foods then brought me and my daughter to the nice place which we could avoid tourists and learned how to local spend in Madrid. After meal,we went to the local bar together was very nice experience! During the dinner and drinks,we enjoyed chatting and I felt I met an old friend known well. After the bar,Vipin showed us some places must see in centro of Madrid with explaining. During we walk around,he always take care of us,saying 'Ladies,are you ok keep walking with thoes shoes?'. Oh how lovely person he is!I'm sure everyone will love his personality and enjoy fun conversation together.
I would love to see Vipin sometimes around the world!

Thank you Vipin for your lovely friendship!

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/143857/0km-Spain-2

angeliq…

Vouched for on October 19, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

We knew each other for such a long time. Every once in a while we were sending messages to each other, or we would send a smile. When I was writing a blog he was my biggest fan and it stimulated me to write more often. Lately I have been pretty busy, with moving to my new home. So I didn't wrote a lot over the last year. But when I booked my trip to Rome I was checking travbuddy for tips. And that's when I needed to send Paul a message about meeting up.. We bolth agreed it was about time after I guess 5 years? So we met last Tuesday. I picked him up at the train station. After struggling with a parking spot. But when I arrived he was already socializing with the locals from oss city ;) haha..
We went into town, talked a lot and had a great time catching up. Sharing stories and wish lists.. We had a few drinks and a pizza diner to stay in the Italian spirit. As Paul is leaving soon to Italy as well.

Why are you vouching for them?

Because I had a great time with him. We had lots to talk about. Not a quiet moment. He is very easy going and I spend a lovely sunny autumn afternoon with him. Wondering why we didn't met sooner?? 😜
I had a great time.. So who knows what the future holds... 😜

angeliq…
Vouched for on October 18, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

We met in Oss, the town right in between the town Angelique is living and where I am living. It's after being in touch here on TB for many years already. We finally met now, although we're living so close.

Why are you vouching for them?

Because she is a nice, friendly woman to have a great time with. She is very travel experienced. That's what we have been talking about 90% of the time; traveling. It was nice to share all our travel stories. One thing we knew for sure. The more countries you visit, the longer the list if growing.

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/80738/Living-close-never-met-until-today-11