TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Stefan
Vouched for on December 16, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

Stefano and I met up while we happen to be in Rome....we met up for drinks one night and then went to a Soccer Match the other....he is super sweet, nice and was a pleasure to hang out with....We had so much fun going to the game and it was perfect that I found someone here that wanted to go....we figured out how to take mass transit eventhough neither one of us knew the area...
Thanks so much Stefano, you are awesome!!

Why are you vouching for them?

Because he is awesome...a great person and was fun to explore a new city with.

Gary

Wanda
Vouched for on December 15, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

Met at the 2013 BKK meetup.

Why are you vouching for them?

Wanda is the life of the party and NO meetup or party is complete without her! The very few places she has not already been to will likely be visited soon!

One negative though... She travels so often that she's difficult to catch up with. Well worth the chase though!!!

Hope to see her soon in Manila.

Anne
Vouched for on December 12, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

Anne has been my TravBuddy friend since late 2012. We've been trying to organize a succession of meetups, but due to various circumstances, we finally met (together with Rheagirl) in Makati on March 7, 2014.

Since then I've visited Anne in Cebu and we traveled together to Kuala Lumpur and Sri Lanka. And more travels planned for the coming years.

Why are you vouching for them?

Anne is well traveled, organized, and always has a small giggle or big laugh when you need it.

She is exceptional at planning and budgeting trips especially for groups. She can spot the little travel deals that others may overlook, both online and up close. Anne also takes good care of her friends, even those that she's just met a few minutes earlier. I've asked her to meet TravBuddy friends going to Cebu and she is a true ambassadress of her hometown.

Anne and I continue to chat, talk and meet and plan for the next big trip with TravBuddies - and India is one place I haven't been to which she has a lot of great travel advice for that we will likely visit one day.

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/106051/three-Capricorns-7

Damien

Michael
Vouched for on December 8, 2014

I met Michael and his wife at Darwin airport in Australia

Why are you vouching for them?

I lived with Michael and Sandra for just over a week and had a brilliant time as we spent each day travelling to different parts of Darwin, such as to a carnival and various wildlife parks, and I learnt a lot in the process as well. They are a very welcoming and helpful couple and I would recommend them to anyone who wants to explore any regions of Down under :)

Vanessa

John
Vouched for on December 7, 2014

TB meet up in Kuala Lumpur

Why are you vouching for them?

While waiting for the rest of the group to show up, he came up to me and asked if this is the TB meet up. That's how we started!

It was a short dinner and drink meet up. He sat next to me and told me this is his first time to Malaysia! I showed him around in the food court made sure he knows what were the options he has for his bad stomach that day.

We talked so much and exchanged travel experiences. I learned so much from him and he is a very nice person to talk to. We have became good friend since then!

John

Vanessa
Vouched for on December 6, 2014

At the KL Meetup on Aug 24, 2013

Why are you vouching for them?

Vanessa is one of the nicest people I've met, we started talking together immediately after meeting at the Kuala Lumpur meetup and I felt comfortable with her right away. I was just getting over a nasty stomach bug and couldn't handle spicy foods, and Vanessa took me around the food court to find something I could eat. That kindness to strangers is something you don't see very often, I like it. Since then we've become good friends and I plan to see her again in March 2015 in KL.

Walter

Jon
Vouched for on December 5, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

Met at the meetup in Kuala Lumpur in November 2014.

Why are you vouching for them?

Jon is a great guy to get to know, and talk to. A fun person to be around. And great at organizing the meetup as well, as it went really well.

A great time, and hopefully, we will meet again.

Hali

Tasha
Vouched for on December 4, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

I met Tasha in Bhutan at our hotel. We spent the rest of that day and evening together, and then got together several times after that.

Why are you vouching for them?

Tasha is hilarious and had me in stitches. She smart, beautiful, fun, with a great sense of humour. She may not like hiking, but she makes up for it with her great personality. Would love to meet up with her again! :)

Brian
Vouched for on December 3, 2014

The TravBuddy Meet Up in Kuala Lumpur 2014

Why are you vouching for them?

Brian's friendly at our first meet up & easy to talk to. Since he's travelled to many places (also an experienced traveller),he's good reference for some tips & pointers on travelling especially on how you can save up on accommodation.So be sure to meet him should he stop over your city for a meet up! :)

Walter

Anna
Vouched for on December 3, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

Met at the meetup in Kuala Lumpur in November 2014.

Why are you vouching for them?

Anna is such a fun and interesting person to talk to. It was enjoyable to chat about travel and other things with her.

Hope we get to meet again in the future.