TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Ime
Vouched for on January 29, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

Meet-up April 2013 in Manila (http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/108652/). Nolan helped me organizing a meet-up in Bonifacio Global City (Manila). Many people confirmed but when i arrived at the venue ... only Nolan was there. Ah, 'no worries' he said, 'it's Pilipino time and all confirmed ones will join. I even had a confirmation from a Filipina who just joined TB' ... yes, that was Ime.

Why are you vouching for them?

The first meeting with Ime (http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/108652/) was at a meet-up in Manila. She was just new at TB and rather silent in the group. But the following year (june 2014) she visited my homecountry Belgium. Then i met a different Ime ... she's very talkative and open personality. Ime, my wife Citadel, our friend Reycer and myself had a wonderful day in Brussels... strolling around the city, having fun, taking artistic pictures at the atomium ... it was great !
Keep it up Ime ! Hope to meet again.

Vouched for on January 28, 2015
Have you traveled together? Yes
How did you meet in real life?

Cathy is the main reason why I have become the de facto meetup organizer for Manila in the Philippines. She invited me to the first meetup for Steven (baliw-katok) in Manila early April 2013, but I had to decline as I was vacationing that time. So she said we will organize another meetup for April 19, 2013, and since I was the one who wanted this meetup, Cathy asked me to take charge.

Not bad for a first meetup that I organized, we had over 20 people attending and since then I've been hooked on TravBuddy meetups for the last couple of years! Cathy also added me to the TravBuddy Facebook groups. Much gratitude to that first meeting with Cathy back in 2013 for making TravBuddy an integral part of my traveling life.

Why are you vouching for them?

Cathy is very popular among TravBuddies, especially those coming to the Philippines. She is good friends with Steven (baliw-katok) and his wife Cita, and the meetup we organized for them has been the start of many TravBuddy meetups I have organized since 2013.

Cathy has also the distinction of being the TravBuddy I've met most, whether one-on-one or with a group. Although I haven't been able to travel out of town with Cathy, we are usually going around Metro Manila, organizing meeetups and dropping off (at their homes) TBs who joyfully stayed until 3 or 4AM with us during the meetup. Since Cathy lives nearby, it is quite easy to pull off a same day notice meetup, and with her inviting skills, a two or three person meetup can sometimes swell to eight or even more participants.

So it would be appropriate on Cathy's birthday that I honor her with this vouch - she should absolutely be on any TravBuddy's meetup list wherever she goes, and when TBs come to the Philippines.

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/124060/

Olia

Vouched for on January 27, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

I met Michael in St-Petersburg in January 2015 during his Russia trip.

Why are you vouching for them?

We met with Michael for some tea with Russian pies. Michael really surprised me with how lightly he was dressed for the winter time but apparently Canadians are hot guys:))) Mike is in a good shape and can walk for hours! Honestly, I don't really enjoy long walks in winter so I'm sorry Mike that I couldn't make you a company. I enjoyed our conversation and I think that Mike is a positive and interesting person. Mike also taught me a trick how to get a ticket to Bolshoy theatre in Moscow when there are no tickets on sale! maybe i'll use it someday. I like this, when a tourist can teach you a thing about your own country!

Vouched for on January 23, 2015

@ Brussels mini meet up january 2015

Why are you vouching for them?

I want to thank you for inviting me to the meet up. He is talented in bringing people together.
Has knowledge about many topics. Liked his advices about backpacking and the Phillipines rituals he told me about. We share the same passion for food & travels. One of the many reasons why i would like to meet him & wifey aGain. Enjoy touring through Europe !

How did you meet in real life?

@ the Brussels mini meet-up (January 2015)

Why are you vouching for them?

Last spring when I went to Japan, Nolan couldn't make it to our Kimono meet-up... So this year we just had to settle this when he came to visit Belgium! Nolan and his wife are really kind people. It was fun finally meeting you guys :) I hope you enjoyed Brussels and the rest of your trip in Europe!

@ TB meet up Brussels January 2015

Why are you vouching for them?

I'm very happy to have met Steven and his wife. They are lovely people! Steven is a very warm and open person, it was very easy talking to him and feeling comfortable even if we had never met before. He has a good sense of humour and a good taste in beer :)
Thank you so much for joining the meet-up and I hope you had a really good time, too!

@ TB meet up Brussel january 2015

Why are you vouching for them?

Elise is a super nice girl!
I think she's very kind and spontaneous. The type of person you feel comfortable around really easy. Also she seems to be a very experienced traveller, honest and easy going.
Thanks for joining the meet-up, it wouldn't have been the same without you Elise! It was nice getting to know you and I hope to see you again sometime!

@ TB meet up Brussel january 2015

Why are you vouching for them?

She chose a real nice restaurant for the meet up.
She is kind, helpful, funny, such a lovely woman!
Enjoyed her stories about Japan and her backpack experiences! Hope to meet her on future travels.

@ TB meet up Brussels januari 21 2015

Why are you vouching for them?

He has nice curls, a Cool smile and a funny wife. great company for traveLS!!

Ilse

Manuela
Vouched for on January 21, 2015
Have you traveled together? Yes
How did you meet in real life?

In a way we met through Travbuddy even if Manuela was not yet a Travbuddy at that time. I had registered to a running event in Oslo, together with some other Travbuddies, but the event was cancelled. A discussion among the runners was started on the homepage of the event. We wondered what to do now. We all had non refundable flight tickets to Oslo, but no marathon to run. We tried to find an other event for runners in the Oslo area. In this discussion Manuela and I were quite active, and we decided to meet up when we were in Oslo.

Why are you vouching for them?

Manuela is the nicest person and we had so much to talk about right from the beginning.
She has inspired me a lot in how to combine two things that I like: Travelling and Running.
She and her mate, André, are participating in running events in different countries almost every week.

After the first meet-up in Oslo we decided to meet on a Runner's event somewhere in the world once a year. Last year we've met up in Reykjavik and this year it will be in Dublin, which I'm looking very much forward to.
We've also met up both in Berlin and in Helsinki.

Manuela is an easy-going person and it's fun to be in her company!
She also has lots of good advice and knowledge about running events in different countries and continents.

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://images2.travbuddy.com/1805865_13732447795237.jpg