TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Alicia

Ritesh
Vouched for on July 22, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

We were both traveling and met in London. We had a nice walk through Hyde Park and then to Camden town. We finished our pleasant tour at London Tower.

Why are you vouching for them?

He was a very respectful guy and we had great talks during the day. Ritesh is a very interesting person and he's a good traveler!

Mike
Vouched for on July 19, 2014

We met at the Trav-buddy Summer meet up in London in July 2013

Why are you vouching for them?

Mike is a lovely bloke - a pleasure to talk to and a passionate traveller with plenty of anecdotes about his adventures around the world.

Mike

Vouched for on July 19, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

I met Rag at London summer meetup in 2013 and he like it so much he came to the summer meetup event in 2014 too :)

Why are you vouching for them?

Raj is a really easy going person to talk to, and has a clear passion for travel. He had a wonderful personality and warmth with everyone who attended both events. I'm sure we will catch up again soon Raj! Take care.

Jonathan

Vouched for on July 17, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

Through email exchange and knowing we will be visiting Montreal roughly the same time, so we decided to meet up for dinner together.

Why are you vouching for them?

Eshwar is a great guy, generous, down-to-earth, and wonderful person which I had the pleasure to meet up in Montreal over a fantastic meal at Le Bramner. Meeting Eshwar is like meeting a stranger yet you can relate to this person on so many levels, growing up experience, personal and work experience etc. In some way, it is like meeting a brother lost at birth.

Unfortunately we only had one night overlapping each other schedule in Montreal; otherwise, I am sure we will do some sightseeing and travelling together. Well maybe in the future.

Thanks again Eshwar and it is truly wonderful to meet you in person.
Sincerely,
Jon

Helen
How did you meet in real life?

Helen and I have been great mates through Travbuddy so when I told her we were visiting Newcastle Upon Tyne, she happened to be there for a wedding and was only too glad to meet us at the airport.

Why are you vouching for them?

Helen is culturally curious and culturally wise. She's well travelled, very social and generally comes across as warm and friendly. She's an endorsement of Travbuddy!

Helen

How did you meet in real life?

Met him off the plane at Newcastle airport. I happened to be in Newcastle for a wedding and he was flying in over the period that I was there, so arranged to meet for a coffee and chat.

He was very much as I expected him to be from our messages on travel buddy; a really nice, chatty, intelligent guy

Why are you vouching for them?

Because he is a real nice travel buddy and I think that as he has lots of travel buddy friends they would be interested to know that he is genuine.

Rick

Elise
How did you meet in real life?

I met Elsie in Venice on a very busy Rialto bridge. We explored the narrow streets together for 3 days enjoying beautiful sunshine and some pretty good storms too. Unfortunately we saw the Dutch lose to Argentina together in the weirdest ever cafe/bar in Venice and then she kindly met me on an impromptu trip to Eindhoven a few days later.....she was my lucky charm there when I hit the jackpot, woot!!!

Why are you vouching for them?

Because she keeps on pestering me until I do (Joke). Like the other vouchers have mentioned Elsie is a wonderful girl full of energy and good vibes. The first thing I noticed about her was was the diamond on her tooth and that sums her up pretty well. She is a beautiful girl both inside and out, and although she can be a bit bossy (I mean strong willed) at times she definitely has a huge heart and a lot of soul. She will happily talk your ear off all night, or sit and genuinely listen to the things you have to say.

I also like the fact that she such a complimentary person, always making you feel good about yourself. She has such a gift for that. Above all she has an AMAZING sense of humour. I laughed so much in the times I was with her, I am glad to be able to call her a friend.

Meeting Elsie and another Travel Buddy (Cesar) on my Venice leg was definitely the highlight of my trip for me. It was a beautiful city, with great people and some funny times...doing a mini drinking tour whilst sightseeing in the rain was great, watching her and Cesar dance at every given opportunity (together and solo) was a little weird but funny.....and I will never listen to 'Everybody was Kung Foo fighting' quite the same way again 😆

Thanks for the amazing memories

How did you meet in real life?

We met in Morocco and travelled for a couple weeks in Morocco

Why are you vouching for them?

Natalie is an amazing person. She is the happiest, most excited and liveliest person I have ever met. She has an unforgettable laugh :). You know when she enters the room. She is a pleasure to talk to and very kind and sharing. She brings people together and keeps everyone happy. She is a pleasure to travel with and I hope I get a chance to travel with her again and meet her in the Philippines.

How did you meet in real life?

I met Jeanne at the Bali meet up and spent the next 3 weeks traveling around Indonesia with her.

Why are you vouching for them?

Jeanne is a wonderful person to travel with. She is very adventurous and excited to travel. She is a great conversationalist and has a very broad knowledge of the world. Loved talking to her throughout our time together to get a different point of view. I know I have a travel partner for life. Only other doctor I know who loves to travel as much as me.

Hali
How did you meet in real life?

We met at the Bali meet up and travel for 6 weeks exploring Morocco and then Indonesia.

Why are you vouching for them?

What can I say about Hali?! She is a ball of energy and a pleasure to be around. She is an amazing planner and easy to travel with and is up for anything at anytime. I would be honored to travel with her again.