TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Peter
Vouched for on July 12, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I met Peter in my home country - Singapore.
We met in 2 different continents within half a year period.
We travel in 5 different cities: Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Amsterdam, Paris and London!
I'm counting down to our next destination! ;)

Why are you vouching for them?

He is a great travel companion, friendly, fun & inspiring!
I'm counting down for our trip to South America with Leo and Marcus!

Peter

Vouched for on July 12, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Many times Keiko and I met many times and traveled together many times. First meet up was in Singapore. We explore the city together with another TB and we had a small meet up in the evening. Then I met her again in KL to attend a wedding of another TB member. I also visited her in Holland and she showed me the important sights of the country. She had a trip in Paris while I am there and we see the city together. Also, we had a meet up in London that she organized.

Why are you vouching for them?

She is terrific. Always fun to have her around. We have met in many occasions and its always a remarkable experience with her.

Ko
Vouched for on June 29, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I met Ko at the 2017 Bangkok ladies meetup, boys allowed dinner.

Why are you vouching for them?

The ladies dinner meetup was very nice and so glad he joined the group. He is very interesting to talk to and an all around fun guy. I hope to meet up with him before he travels again. He is also a newly recruited TravBuddy member thanks to the ladies.

Vouched for on June 25, 2017

On her visit to Houston, TX

Why are you vouching for them?

Sweet person and fun to be with. Had good time roaming around houston and doing things.

Desmond

Vouched for on June 21, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I was visiting Rome and wanted to meet a local for drinks and dinner. Sarita gracious enough to show me around.

Why are you vouching for them?

She's friendly and genuine, and was fun to talk to.

Andy

Ebony
Vouched for on June 21, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

We travelled to Cuba in June 2017 for a couple of weeks.

Why are you vouching for them?

clever, fun, easy to travel with. Zest for life, copes with everything ( including grumpy travel buddies)

Ebony

Andy
Vouched for on June 20, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Cuba 2017 which was supposed to be Iceland 2017.

Why are you vouching for them?

Andy is the first TB'r I traveled abroad with. It was a 9.75/10 experience (-.25 to keep him humble). He's very intelligent and passionate about life which made for great conversations about the impact of tourism, online dating, class system in the UK, cultural differences, literature, politics, current events, racism, etc. He can be tense and easily excitable over especially over prices of things (although very generous, maybe too generous to the wrong people?) but has a good sense of humor about the world and humans who inhabit it. Our travels together worked because we stayed honest and easily forgave minor unintentional annoyances. He's a great travel pal for easy going independent TB'rs who aren't typical tourists.

May Ling

Vouched for on June 19, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Met up with MinJu and her friend for dinner in Istanbul just after the bombing in the Square. Was a very interesting conversation about what she'd just learned in her program from NYU while in Israel. Great break to chat with a fellow nomad and New Yorker on my solo travels.

Why are you vouching for them?

I think she's likely embarking on a long lifetime of random travel. If this helps her connect and enhance her voyage, then awesome!

Walter

Huib/Hu…
Vouched for on June 2, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I met Huib when I visited Netherlands.

Why are you vouching for them?

Huib was very nice about guiding me through an unfamiliar town.
We had a very good time walking and at an Irish pub.
Thanks.

Walter

Vouched for on June 2, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I met Keiko while visiting Netherlands.

Why are you vouching for them?

Keiko was very nice about guiding me in two unfamiliar towns.
She made my visit very special and organized other TB meetups that enriched my visit.
Thanks Keiko.