TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Omar

Vouched for on October 31, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

We arranged to meet before she left US.

Why are you vouching for them?

We met in Kuwait, had a friendly day together, and then enjoyed snack dinner. Leda is a kind, warm and lovely Lady.

I and my best friend Vatch invited her for Kuwaiti dinner, and we really had good time, as she shared her traveling experience around the world.

She's a wonderful person to meet :)

Wanda

Francis
Vouched for on October 26, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

First, at the Huge TB Meetup in Bangkok. Then, we became almost like a little 'family' of TB's in London. In August2014, he invited me to Dublin.

Why are you vouching for them?

(I said we 'traveled together' since we did in a way- I was 4 days couchsurfing)

Francis is one of a kind! I knew he was from the very beginning when we met at the Bangkok meetup. Then, at the London Meetup, he and 5 others were like brothers and sisters) He's the kind of person that is very patient, positive, and willing to help you and also listen.

In Aug2014, he TOLD me I had to come to his home, Dublin. Why I had left it for country # 120, no idea! Francis was kind to take me and another friend along the seashore, showed us things most tourists don't get to see, and guided me with ways to see bits and pieces of Dublin on my own.

Thank you, Francis, for being yourself! Your easy-going attitude and wise advise combined to make Dublin, my 'home away from home'.

Omar
Vouched for on October 25, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

While I was travelling in Kuwait.

Why are you vouching for them?

It is my pleasure to vouch for Omar. He is a friendly, polite, and interesting person to get to know. He got in touch with me few days before I left USA and we exchange many messages. I felt comfortable with him from the beginning. He sure made my trip much more enjoyable in Kuwait.

As soon as I arrived I gave him a call and he pick me up in the evening for sight seen, during that time we also stop for a snack at the mall and it was just great time.

He asked me in advance to bring his best friend along, and we all share a Kuwait dinner on my last night. It was a perfect night.

I hope to keep in touch with him and also I hope to see him again someday in USA or in Brazil, where I vacationing every Brazilian Summer.

Philippe
Vouched for on October 25, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

We met in Singapore when he is on vacation.

Why are you vouching for them?

Phil is a cool guy, easygoing and fun. We had a great time together with sightseeing and party. :p
Great person to hang out with. One day we will cross path again :)

Diana

Bruno
Vouched for on October 21, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

A mutual friend told me very nice things about Bruno, so I wanted
to meet him during my first trip to USA and they were right.
We shared a wonderful day in Rhode Island and I saw his family castle, lol:).

Why are you vouching for them?

Because Bruno is a very nice, sweet and generous guy, he drove almost one hour (each way) to meet me and took me to Providence and New Port,RI, I enjoyed a lot my time with him and he is very welcome to visit me in MedellĂ­n sometime soon:), obrigada:)

Bruno

Diana
Vouched for on October 20, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

we met through this site, and she heard 'good things' about me (I hope lol) from others travbuddies so we set up to get together while she is on vacation visiting family in Boston area and we planned a trip to Providence and Newport RI for the day!

Why are you vouching for them?

I was looking forward to meeting with her, as I had gotten used to chatting with her on here and then we be friends on Facebook. What a pleasure it was to spend time with her! she is a very genuine, bit shy and very engaging person. Talking with her was easy, I even tried speak a bit of Spanish with her, we had a Italian food in Providence which she love and then we went to Newport to see the beautiful mansions by the water and on top of that she brought me souvenir from Colombia, that's was sweet, was really nice meeting you! cheers :)

Amy

Trina
Vouched for on October 19, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

I met Trina when I travelled to Krakow, Poland in september. We had dinner together with another travbuddy from London.

Why are you vouching for them?

Trina is nice and easy to get along with. We had a nice conversation and shared some travel stories together. I enjoyed our meetup very much and I would love to meet Trina again in the future if our path cross again.

Shashank

Katy
Vouched for on October 19, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

I contacted katyx on Travbuddy, as we both were travelling to Varanasi. We exchanged phone numbers and eventually planned to meet at Sarnath on a hot Friday morning. We shared a pleasant time together walking along the ghats beside the river Ganges. We saw buffaloes bathing in the river (which amused her more than me) and burning bodies (cremations) and finally ended the day by watching the Ganga Aarti at the Dashashwamedh Ghat.

Why are you vouching for them?

Katyx is an wonderful companion to travel with. She has an ever smiling face and a friendly personality.

Ania

Vouched for on October 17, 2014

He visited me in Warsaw

Why are you vouching for them?

We spent great time together walking around the city, he's a really great guy, funny, easy - going and I hope I will be able to travel with him in the future :)

Ania
Vouched for on October 17, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

I went to Warsaw and Ania kindly showed me around.

Why are you vouching for them?

I had a very good time in Warsaw. Ania was so nice that she took the time to walk around with me and we visited the city together. She's a lively and lovely girl!