TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

alyssa

Hali
Vouched for on August 29, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

I was passing through Regina and contacted Hali to see if I could meet her. She was super kind and invited me to spend the night!

Why are you vouching for them?

Hali is a super nice, super sweet person. She is warm and giving and a great conversationalist. She is also very knowledgeable about travel destinations and knows a lot of Tbers. I'm so glad we met and I'm looking forward to traveling with her in Antarctica in 2017!

Hali

alyssa
Vouched for on August 28, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

I met Alyssa when she came through my city of Regina, SK, Canada in August 2015. We will be travelling together in Antarctica in Feb 2017 as well.

Why are you vouching for them?

Alyssa is a thoughtful, sweet, beautiful lady who's full of adventure and spontaneity! She's pretty much up for anything and not afraid to get her hands dirty in the process. She's a great conversationalist and I can't wait till our time in Antarctica!! So glad we got to meet beforehand! See you soon my friend!

Jonathan

Samantha
Vouched for on August 28, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

I was very fortunate to have met Samantha and her friend Sheryl during her Vancouver visit. We met in person, and I showed them a bit of Vancouver, Lookout Tower, walked around downtown eastside and Chinatown district, visited Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden and the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Park, and some downtown community gardens. It was very kind of Sheryl treated me to a delicious currywurst lunch and we chatted a bit more to get to know each other. Samantha is such a wonderful person and I absolutely enjoyed spending time with her and her friend as well.

Why are you vouching for them?

Samantha is a vegan whom is passionate towards animal welfare! She is absolutely down to earth, easy to talk to, intelligent, mature, wise, and simply a wonderful person inside and outside. I enjoyed my time spent with her and showing her a little bit about what I love in Vancouver where I called home.

I would recommend anyone who is passionate towards animals, down to earth and nice traveller, to meet up with Samantha during their travel or simply take a little bit of your time to show Samantha what is so special in your home city when she comes to visit. After all, life is about sharing what you love with others that matters the most.

Thanks Samantha and her friend Sheryl, and hope we will meet again.

Leandro

Vouched for on August 26, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

I met Savanah through TravBuddy while she was planning her trip to Brazil.

Why are you vouching for them?

Savanah is a nice and easygoing lady. We kept in touch during her whole trip down to Brazil and we finally met in my hometown, spending a day together. I really enjoyed her company and our conversations! She told me interesting/funny stories about the places she visited in my country, bands she used to like in her teenage years (not the usual boybands!), songs, her clever approach to dieting... Oh, wish we had more time! Hopefully in the future... :)

Eric

Julie
Vouched for on August 21, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

We met up for coffee after meeting on TravBuddy to talk about places we'd like to travel and to get to know one another. She shared her experiences with me and gave me some great advice for traveling abroad!

Why are you vouching for them?

I had a great time meeting Julie and she was an absolute pleasure to talk to. I'm vouching for her because she's a great conversationalist and is the type of person that I hope I can meet up with during my travels.

Erik

Astrid
How did you meet in real life?

I waited long enough to write this vouch... took me a few meets with Astrid... But she asked me if I was up for a hike in Norway... Who can say no to that... So we camped and hiked together :-) Camping on the moutain near the Troltunga was Epic!

Why are you vouching for them?

Why? She is a good laugh and we had lots of fun while camping :-) She likes to know where what and when... as I just like to go with the flow, so that was funny as well :-)

She also is a good cook! She knows how to spice things up ;-) She and her friend cooked for me :)

If you have the chance in meeting her, take it!

Daniel
How did you meet in real life?

We messaged each other at TravBuddy and planned a whole day of Fringe activities at Edinburgh. He also helped show me around and we had some great conversations.

Why are you vouching for them?

Definitely a good travel buddy. He'll help you appreciate more the experience of the location, especially if he's been there before.

How did you meet in real life?

Lester and I traveled Tawi-Tawi together with two other wanderers (Joyce & Mark) whom we all met for the first time. Also, we did side trips to Zamboanga City and Isabela City in Basilan with UJ.

Why are you vouching for them?

Lester, to me is an 'envy' when it comes to Philippine travels. My dream of Phil destinations has become a longer list of places to visit every time i read his travelogues. All the more i become appreciative of my country as how he vividly present it through his travel photos.

I had the opportunity to travel with Lester, and I could say that a genuine person as him is a great travel companion. Beside his excellent photography skills, he is easy going, full of wits and a truly very kind & friendly soul.

Looking forward to travel with you again Lester! And hoping to be one of your first customers once you have put up your own restaurant! Thank you so much for the Tawi-Tawi invitation! Junai pa more! hehe

Daniel

Vouched for on August 19, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

We met (via travbuddy) to enjoy a day at the Fringe together. Miguel is easy to get along with, accommodating, cheerful. We aligned our choice of shows, time & place of eating and all that stuff you need to do when you're together, without a hitch.

Why are you vouching for them?

I can confirm that Miguel is a good travel companion, and he has a sweet personality.

Lorraine

Vouched for on August 18, 2015
How did you meet in real life?

I came to Buenos Aires for 6 weeks of learning tango and Spanish. We connected on Travbuddy and eventually met for coffee. This was only my 2nd meeting with someone from TravBuddy so I was a bit nervous but it was clear by the end of that coffee that I had made a very good decision.

Why are you vouching for them?

Roman is such a wonderful man; sincere, intelligent, sensitive and with a wonderful sense of humour. He is able to provide information and give recommendations, but more than that, he is genuinely interested and also takes a feeling of responsibility for someone as a guest in his city.
I truly hope he will visit Amsterdam soon so that I can return his hospitality.