TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Sylvi

Henry

Henry visited Sydney and we met up with another TB

Why are you vouching for them?

Because Henry is a cool and laid back dude. Hope you are having fun travelling around! :)

How did you meet in real life?

We met in Istanbul. He showed me around his city and for which I am eternally grateful for cos I had a fantastic time!!!!!!

Why are you vouching for them?

Memo is a great guy!!! Extremely fun, kind, patient and down to earth. He is passionate about life, travel and of course Turkey!!! Can't wait to travel with him in the future!!!

Judith
How did you meet in real life?

We met at the Bali meet up in April 2014.

Why are you vouching for them?

I hung out with Judith in Bali during and after the meet up. She is a very smart, warm, kind, and funny person and has a huge zest for life!! Can't wait to travel with her some day.

Elise
Have you traveled together? Yes
How did you meet in real life?

We communicated on travbuddy for a few months before our first meeting on a day trip to her home town of Eindhoven in August 2014. We had a great time shopping and chatting!!!

Why are you vouching for them?

Lizzy is a wonderful person and a good soul. She is a free spirit, very friendly, down to earth, extremely smart and intuitive. When I met her we connected right away and I just knew we were going to be good friends. We also hung out in Ibiza a few weeks later, albeit short but sooo fun. I can't wait to see her again and do some more traveling together.

Eric

Ngoc An…
Vouched for on September 16, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

I met Lyna in July 2014 in Saigon. We had dinner together and had some interesting conversation about life, culture, and our travels:)

Why are you vouching for them?

She provided me with some recommendations on sights to see and places to stay before I arrived in Saigon. She has traveled to many places in Vietnam and can provide you with some information on places to go. She is a positive person and I hope to meet her again if I'm in Vietnam or when she decides to visit the U.S.

Filip

Elise
Vouched for on September 14, 2014
Have you traveled together? Yes
How did you meet in real life?

We met in Ibiza the first day I arrived. It was very easy to contact Elise, because she had organized a whatsapp group for more travbuddies travelling to Ibiza.
So after I arrived, I just text her and found her in one of the restaurants in Ibiza town with her friend Suzan. Then we went to explore the town and some bars, talked and drinked together. And after this, we spent the other days together as well:)

Why are you vouching for them?

Elise is very friendly and nice person. But this is not the end, of course! She is very responsible and entertaining as well. So spending time with her means very good atmosphere and endless fun:) From the first moment I had a feeling like knowing her for ages. I really enjoyed all the days we were together. There were no boring moments, we had every time something to say and a reason to laugh:) We also did some trips together what I really appreciate too, because I had no idea where to go and what to see, but Elise had planned everything before:)
I really enjoyed so much fun with her, that I can’t wait meeting her again. We plan to meet each other in Prague for the celebration of the New Year, so I hope it will work!:)

John
Vouched for on September 14, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

Met up during my travels to Vegas.

Why are you vouching for them?

Fun and charming guy to hang out with. Although pretty busy with daily life he gladly made time available to show me the ins-and-outs of Vegas. Real gentleman :) ...

Peder
Vouched for on September 12, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

We meet this week in Paris and went out for dinner.

Why are you vouching for them?

It was nice to meet him. Very interesting person. We chat about his trip he's just starting and still he doesn't know until when as well as about some other interest of him. Great person to chat with.

Marc
Vouched for on September 11, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

I had a meet up with Marc on his visit in Singapore.

Why are you vouching for them?

I met him for dinner to share travel experiences and ask him about his recent trip in Manila. He stayed there for almost a month. It was fun talking to him and hearing how he enjoyed exploring it and thinking of coming back. I was amazed as he already knew a lot of Tagalog words!
He is well-traveled and spoke several languages, really smart! He gave me some honest advise on my Bangkok trip as well. I hope to meet him again some day and listen to his fascinating stories. It's not everyday you get to meet a playwright, right? :)

Marc

Vouched for on September 10, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

Through TB, she offered a meeting place that was nearby where I was staying in Singapore, which I found with great ease.

Why are you vouching for them?

Alen is friendly and easy-going, well-traveled and fun to chat with. She sent me a lot of great information before we met. She was flexible on dining (I'm allergic to msg and this is Singapore...) We ate by the river, and then had a pleasant chat on the bridge over a beer. I look forward to meeting her again.