TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Frances

Julie
Vouched for on August 19, 2014

Met in Asakusa area in Tokyo ^^

Why are you vouching for them?

Julie is really nice, a fun girl to be with. Very understanding too. ;) we had lots of laughs roaming the streets of Tokyo.

Julie

Frances
Vouched for on August 19, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

We met in the Asakusa area in Tokyo, Japan and hung out for about half a day.

Why are you vouching for them?

She's really nice, friendly, and sweet! I had fun hanging out with her! :)

Vouched for on August 18, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

I met Karen via TravBuddy Meet-up in Istanbul and then in Liverpool.

In Istanbul we have a chance to have a dinner together and then partying but we became closer in Liverpool and enjoy our company to each other.

Why are you vouching for them?

She is a genius, a thinker and on top of that she is beautiful and have a good sense of humor. With her you can't have a dull moment. I recommend you should hit her a hello if you are around in her area or should she come to your neighborhood. I wish I could travel with her in near future.

Ian

Vouched for on August 17, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

Met in passing at Regents Park picnic in 2013 and then again at TB meet up in Liverpool in July 2014.

Why are you vouching for them?

Never a dull moment when Jantima is about :).Bubbly personality shines through and a great organiser.Has a great skill in involving everybody and bringing people together. Look forward to the next time we meet up. REALLY :D I do

Trina

Elise
Vouched for on August 15, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

We met in Amsterdam after chatting here on TravBuddy. I was traveling through Europe and Elise was kind enough to ask me to join her and her friends for a day hanging out in the city when I was staying in Amsterdam for a few days. I met her and her friends near Amsterdam Centraal and we made our way canal side to watch the parade as it was Gay pride weekend. We had fun chatting, dancing, sharing a meal and wandering the city.

Why are you vouching for them?

Elise is a super sweet and fun-hearted spirit. She welcomed me like an old friend to her group and I felt lucky to join the group. I'm a bit on the quiet side and Elise just has that quality that makes you feel comfortable and want to smile right along with her. We had a great time dancing in the streets as the music blasted from the parade floats along the canal, wandered through the red light district cause hey why not lol. We also shared great conversation over our love of travel and meeting new and interesting people. I definitely hope our paths cross again in future travels. I'm sure there will be many adventures!

Walter

Marie
Vouched for on August 15, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

We met prearranged at a caffee in Burgen. This nice lady walked up to us and said hello.

Why are you vouching for them?

She was very pleasant and guided us through Bergan. This turned into a very pleasant walking tour and Marie never asked us for anything in return. We got a pleasant tour with a pleasant lady.

Ian
Vouched for on August 14, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

In Unofficial TB Meet-up in London 2013 and Liverpool 2014.

Why are you vouching for them?

I met this dark, tall and strangely spoken guy in London 2013 just for a glance. Then we became friend on Facebook. I like his sense of humor (when he was writing, of course) and has been following him (discreetly) through his posts and his comments.

Luckily he attended our TravBuddy meet up again in Liverpool and actually he is a nice and sweet man (maybe because I don't understand what he was saying) hahaha

He is fun to be with and I recommend you to meet with him once in your life. Thank you Ian to be in Liverpool and get to know you better. Like Christian said, you are indeed a good and funny guy. Continue that way (I know it hard to change when you growing old) hahaha

Hope to see you next time!!

Tharindu
Vouched for on August 13, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

Tharindu was lovely when I went to Sri Lanka in late July 2014! Met on Travel Buddy, Kept in touch before I flew there and gave me some heads up on traveling in Sri Lanka even organized a driver for me while i was there. Welcomed me in his lovely home with this super delicious Sri Lankan dessert (i totally forgot what's the name, but i'm sure it starts with 'Wal-' hahaha). Unfortunately didn't get to hang out with him after that one time due to unforeseen circumstances (The night we were supposed to meet I was actually stuck in some monk's house in Kandy to wait for the earliest train to Colombo to catch my flight the next morning. Too random!) It's okay, there will be next time for sure! See you down in KL maybe!

Why are you vouching for them?

As mentioned above, he was very warm, welcoming and very helpful individual. I'd highly recommend this guy if you need help with anything about traveling around Sri Lanka for sure :)

Sara

Leonardo
Vouched for on August 6, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

We met up for a music festival near Valencia, Spain. Leonardo was so kind to help me figure out travel arrangements and even got me a ticket to the show! Very laid back and easy to communicate and coordinate with. I would definitely meet up with him again! :)

Why are you vouching for them?

Vouching for Leonardo because we met in-person and it was a very pleasant experience. He was interesting and fun to hang out with, and I'm sure there are many other people who would enjoy meeting him as well!

Elise
Vouched for on August 5, 2014
How did you meet in real life?

I met Elise in Amsterdam on 8/2/2014. We met for the Gay parade in Amsterdam.

Why are you vouching for them?

Elise is a fun person to hang with. She is full of energy, friendly and always have a smile on her face. An interesting and fun personality and great to hang out with. I would be looking forward to future meetups with her.