TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Vouched for on August 24, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I didnt get to see him when i was in my Tokyo Trip but since then we were always in contact. and finally this month he was able to make a trip to Jakarta and we finally met up after 6 years!

Why are you vouching for them?

Because he is a super nice guy! Love to smile, friendly and nice to be with.. and good cooking skill too! i got to taste his curry which is soooo delicious! Next time i will take turn and cook indonesian for you! I hope next time we can start to travel and explore new place together! Looking forward to see you again ^^

How did you meet in real life?

First, we met in Whole Food Store in Fresno. It was a quick met up, but I knew I would want to hang out with her often.

I invited her to spend overnight at my place, and the next day, together with my family, we drove up to the mountains of Sequoias at Sequoia National Park.

Why are you vouching for them?

I am vouching for Sima because she has a go-spirit! You’ll never have a game-guessing if you are with her because of her honesty. She is a traveler – that said, she adjusts well in widely different situations. She is independent, but she also knows how to have fun with other travelers. She loves nature, so for sure you’ll be traveling with someone who is calm but a fun person at the same time. These are some of the qualities I am looking for a travel buddy, so I hope one day, Sima and I will embark in the continent she often visits – South or Central America!

How did you meet in real life?

I met Mulong through a TravBuddy (mini) Meetup in Antipolo, Rizal. Together with Ime and Noel, we paid a visit to Pinto Museum. He was the one who suggested this place, and since I like nosing around into different museums, I agreed. It turned out a blast trip!

Why are you vouching for them?

I am vouching for Mulong because he is the sweetest Travbuddy guy I’ve ever met! He is a seasoned traveler in his (very own) backyard, so for those who are wanting to visit the Philippines and experience the country in a deeper way, Mulong is the guy to ask from! If he cannot travel with you, he can also give you tons of insights, tips, and info about the country. Do you love beaches? He knows most of the beaches and all the 7,000 + islands in the Philippines! And have I told you that he also loves hiking? Ask him all the mountain trails in Luzon, and without a blink, he can enumerate it all! Moreover, he’s a happy guy. There will be no dull moment when you’re around him.

Ime
How did you meet in real life?

I met Ime in Makati. I had set up a meeting with other TravBuddies, and she came. Thanks, Ime for coming despite your busy schedules.

We also paid a visit to “Pinto Museum” in Antipolo, Rizal, together with Noel and Mulong. She generously offered to drive her car when we went to Antipolo.

Why are you vouching for them?

I am vouching for Ime because she is fun, easy to talk to, relaxed, down-to-earth and a warm person. Also, she has the most beautiful “close-up” smile! She is a dentist after all! Ime is a seasoned traveler as well!

Ilse
How did you meet in real life?

I met Ilse in Suomenlinna, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Helsinki, Finland. Ilse is from Finland. It was interesting how we’ve crossed the path in that vast historical island since we did not specify to each other where exactly we are going to meet. Gladly, we did in no time. We just barely got to the island when we saw her walking toward us!

Why are you vouching for them?

After the meetup in the island, we also visited her hometown and spent a night at her house. We also did an interesting Fin culture; and that is dipping in freezing point lake for a few seconds, rise out of the water, then sit inside an authentic Fin sauna, and then do the entire thing again for three times! It was an AMAZING experience! I am so thankful for sharing that experience with me! A million thanks, Ilse!

Why are you vouching?
Ilse is a multi-culture person! What I meant with that is; she embraces other cultures with the broad sense of openness. She is inquisitive and likes to learn. She is sensible. She is warmth. You can talk to her about anything under the sun. She knows how to make people ease. She is very generous and sensitive to the needs of others.

When you have a chance to meet her, please do! And if you do so, you found more than a virtual friend. She is a friend worth keeping forever!

Emilia
Have you traveled together? Yes
How did you meet in real life?

I met Emilia in her home city – Warsaw! She picked me up at the airport, which is very kind of her! That was an extra mile she went to accommodate my visitation to her country. We also stayed in the same hotel room in all the cities we’ve visited together, and I can only say one thing – she is a very considerate roommate!

Why are you vouching for them?

Emilia is the best ambassadress of her country! Through her blogs, one will immediately get Emilia's sense of pride in her beautiful country. Moreover, the photos of the different cities in her country that she has taken are just absolutely amazing! If Poland is not on your bucket list, and you saw her photos, you’ll move up Poland on top of your list of must-visit countries! This lovely and charming gal from Warsaw represents her native land so well than any Polish beauty titlist!

As a traveler, Emilia is a very organized and a planner through and through! And because of that, she is very dependable if you are not good at planning a trip. But she is not just a mere planner; she executes her plans in a “strict” way, but you’ll be able to cover as many must-sees and must-dos in such a short pressed time!

Emilia does not start her day with a brekky, but if you do, feel free to communicate that to her. If food is an integral part of your travel, she knows where to bring you. Emilia loves her tea with fruits. She photographs well and does not mind if you ask her to take pictures of you! Expect excellent shots of yourself. Lastly, don’t be surprised when she tags you along to endless walking (or climbing towers) so, bring durable and comfy walking shoes. But hey, walking is good for the heart!

Noel
Have you traveled together? Yes
How did you meet in real life?

I met Noel in Makati. I had set up a meeting with other Travbuddies, and he came. Thanks, Noel for coming in spite of your busy schedules. We also drove up to Antipolo, Rizal to visit a museum, with two other Travbuddies.

Why are you vouching for them?

The first time I saw and spoke with Noel, I felt very comfortable with him. Noel is a happy person. He likes to laugh and makes people laugh. This guy is punctual! He was the first person to arrive in our meeting. Noel is flexible, as seen in his adventures. He is a gentleman, sweet and kind. Indeed, Noel has the qualities of a thoroughgoing travel buddy should be; and although I have not traveled with him yet, however, if given the chance, I will in a heartbeat!

How did you meet in real life?

He came to visit us in my hometown. He stayed with my family for a couple of days. Together we visited another TravBuddy members who live near my town. We drove for a day-trip to the Yosemite National Park together.

Why are you vouching for them?

Nolan, to me, is like a “walking encyclopedia!” I mean, seriously, he is a smart guy! Ask anything, and he has an answer! He will be a great travel buddy because he’s got your back! You don’t have to worry about anything because he can handle things; you can count on him. He is also fun to be around. Always positive and flexible.

For those heading down to the Philippines, make a time to meet up with this amazing guy! If not, you’ll miss the one-half time of your trip to the Philippines! Trust me! :))

Bill
How did you meet in real life?

I met Bill in Arlington when I visited his home state. We agreed to meet together with Walter (Walter C) in the lobby of the hotel I was staying. Following that was a fun dinner the three of us have had. After dinner, we continued our time together in the coffee shop of Courtyard Marriot Hotel.

Why are you vouching for them?

First of all, as a “virtual” TB friend, Bill is a very kind person! He takes the time to read or check your journals and photos! Reading his comments is always fun and interactive. In his writings, I could tell that he likes history. So, for those who are looking for travel buddy with the same interests, I will vouch for Bill to them.

As a person, my first impressions of him is that he is gentle, soft spoken (although I am not sure if he is aware of that.) He is a genuine person, easy to talk to, and he is never intimidating!

As a travel advisor, he is very thorough and accurate! In fact, I followed all his advice from the ‘how to’ of getting around via public transportations from BWI to Washington DC, to hotel locations, and sites to check out in the area. He is very knowledgeable about his territory (DC and Maryland in general.) Thanks, Bill! :)

As a travel buddy, I am sure he is going to be a great one! He is down-to-earth and…he smiles and laughs too (contrary to his serious looking photos!)

Thank you, Bill! I hope to meet with you again shortly in some TB events!

Walter

Bill
How did you meet in real life?

We met at a mini-meetup, along with May, in Arlington, which is near Washington DC. We ate at Ben's Chili Bowl, and hung out at the hotel that May was staying at.

Why are you vouching for them?

I have known Bill for some time here on TB. So it was finally nice to meet him in person after all these years.

Bill is a nice and interesting guy to get to know. And have interesting conversations about a variety of subjects, whether it's history, sports or the TB web site. We probably spent hours just talking. Hopefully, we will meet again in the future.