TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Brian

Ilva
Vouched for on July 27, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

Ilva actually took a half day vacation from her work and picked me up at my hotel in Riga and we spent the day wandering around Sigulda, ending with a nice dinner together at a restaurant she picked out. We then got together on another night when she invited me to a birthday party at her place where I got to meet many of her very cool friends!

Why are you vouching for them?

Ilva was fun, kind and followed through on exactly what she said her and I would do. I hope I can repay the favor to her one day in Canada! She is awesome.

Scott

Kim
Vouched for on July 26, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

Kim and I met in Spain for La Tomatina, which I must say, was an indescribable experience! Plus the Tomatina group(which she set up!),was comprised of amazing folks from all over the world, set 4 world records that year so that made it even better! I met her through this awesome website and felt immediately like she was a kindred spirit. I am a practicing Buddhist and Kim has an amazing spiritual side to her and has seen and done things that are on my list...but she got there first!( wee bit jealous) We then met again in Belgium when several friends of mine from Ireland and myself went to visit a mutual friend who was stationed in Brussels for work. We had a great lunch, walked around and took a cool boat ride. She then took me to a Church that had a relic of the Blood of Christ and that was a powerful moment for me even though I am not a Christian. I didnt even know about that place while doing the tourist stroll.
I know for a FACT it's not our last encounter...especially since she owes me a dip in the pool atop the hotel in Singapore!

Why are you vouching for them?

Kim is forthright, funny, incredibly well traveled, spiritual, well rounded and has an infectious energy. We partied in Spain the night of the Tomatina with our whole group from the event and found that we have a lot of musical tastes in common as well and that is a huge plus for me. Music is a universal language and Kim speaks it fluently....along with a few other languages as well!
Shes the type of person I hope to keep in my life forever and I can offer no higher praise than that.

Kim

Scott
Vouched for on July 25, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

We first met at the La Tomatina 2015 Travbuddy meet-up. Scott was one of the first to react to my Forum post and also one of the first to actually show up on the day of the meet-ups. Always on time, I like that :)

We met a second time when he and his squad were visiting Belgium, so we walked around Bruges a bit to eat dessert and take a boat ride.

Damn sure we will meet again in the future! ;)

Why are you vouching for them?

Scott is a super fun person to be around. I find him honest, reliable and he also has a good sense of humour and a good taste in music (as far as I know).
When he's in your group he really goes out of his way to make sure everyone is alright, safe and having a good time, yet he knows how to have a great party too so it's best of both worlds.

I think Scott and I have very different points of view in some aspects and very similar interests in others. Yet that is of course perfectly ok and in fact rather interesting. I think of Scott as a person who is respectful towards his friends. After our meet-ups, he's also one of the people who really make an effort to stay in touch and check on the group, which just goes to show how much he values the friendships he creates along the way.

Another Travbuddy friend whom I hope will be a friend for life. Awesome!

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/128368/La-Tomatina-4

Bhushan

Vouched for on July 20, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I was vacationing in Singapore during month of October 2014. I had planned a small meetup there. I met Mira during dinner alongwith few more TBs.

Why are you vouching for them?

Mira is very cheerful girl with a pleasant personality. She really talks a lot :-) Always ready to help and over past few years we have really become good friends. Hope to meet her again soon.

How did you meet in real life?

Adam was in town for a business conference. He and a colleague, Ahmed, met me and a group of friends for dinner. It was a very nice evening and Adam was very pleasant.

Why are you vouching for them?

Adam is a nice and interesting person. I have no doubt that anyone meeting up with him would have a lovely time.

How did you meet in real life?

I first met Margunn after being friends with her online for several years, when she stayed with at my place in Miami. And then was lucky to see her again in Norway, her home country.

Why are you vouching for them?

We have known each other for years and was happy to finally meet her in two separate times thus far. She was/is a great guest and host; smart and funny. I was so happy when she set up the Norway meetup for travbuddies. Made a big contribution as the best trip of my life! (And been on a lot of trips.)

How did you meet in real life?

I met him in Norway in real life for the meet up.

Why are you vouching for them?

He is great company and funny and smart. He has a great sense of humor and was interesting to find out what his career is and in addition working for Delta as a second job on the weekends!

Hali
How did you meet in real life?

I met Halilee in real life in Bergen, Norway then onwards to the best roadtrip !

Why are you vouching for them?

Because she is awesome, smart and funny. I been friends with her online for years and was happy to meet her when she decided to come to the Norway meet-up.

Bhushan
How did you meet in real life?

I met Bhushan when he was on a trip to Singapore in late 2015.
We had dinner at Arab Street along with a couple other Singapore-based Travbuddies. We remained connected after that and regularly chat online.

Why are you vouching for them?

Bhushan has a overall pleasant and lovable character. It is hard to not like him as a person and a friend. He is laidback, and enjoys conversations.

Looking forward to meeting him again in the near future!

Anastas…

Raj
Vouched for on July 14, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

Мне написал 3bikedoc на этом сайте, что приезжает в Москву и хотел бы встретиться с кем-нибудь из местных. Я заметила сообщение только через 5 дней, когда 3bikedoc уже был в Москве. Мы договорились о времени и месте встречи. Время подбирали то, которое было удобно мне, 3bikedoc уже в назначенном месте, когда мы договаривались о встрече :)

Why are you vouching for them?

3bikedoc очень вежливый и интеллигентный, очень общительный. Мне выпал шанс попрактиковать свой английский, на котором я уже не общалась несколько месяцев