Terms of Service
The service TravBuddy provides to you is subject to the following Terms of Service("TOS"), which may be updated without notice at any time. By using the TravBuddy website ("Website") and the TravBuddy service ("Service"), you agree to and abide by all terms and conditions of the "TOS". You also acknowledge that you have read and reviewed the safety guidelines.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your username.
- You are responsible for the confidentiality of your password.
- You may not harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other TravBuddy users.
- You may not upload, post, email, or transmit any content that you do not have the right or permission to do so.
- You are solely responsible for the content, and information that you transmit on TravBuddy.
- You are not allowed to collect or store personal information about other users.
- You are not allowed to transmit any worms, trojans, or viruses.
- You are not allowed to transmit any unwanted messages to any TravBuddy members.
- You are not allowed to post or transmit any content that is obscene, vulgar, libelous, defamatory, harmful, or hateful.
- You are not allowed to transmit or upload any form of unsolicited or unauthorized advertising.
- You are not allowed to use the Service or Website for any illegal or unauthorized purposes.
- International users agree to comply with their respective local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- TravBuddy is a family friendly site and any adult Content will be removed.
- Please also review our TravBuddy Community Guidelines.
Violation of any of these terms may result in the termination of your account.
- We reserve the right to terminate your Service without notice at any time for any reason.
- You must be eighteen (18) years or older to register as a member of TravBuddy or use the TravBuddy web site.
- Our Service is a Venue. Our Service does not include the introduction of users to one another. Our Service is merely a venue for users to learn about one another. We are not involved in the actual contact between users. As a result, we have no control over the conduct of our users or the truth or accuracy of the information that users post on the Website.
- Because we do not control interactions among between members and other persons or companies, and because we cannot guarantee the true identity, age, nationality of Service users, and because we have very limited control, if any, over the quality, safety, morality, legality, truthfulness or accuracy of various aspects of the Service you agree that you bear all risk and you agree to release us (and our officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, and third party partners) from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, now and in the future, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the Service, your Third Party Transactions, and/or our resolution of any disputes among users. You further waive any and all rights and benefits otherwise conferred by any statutory or non-statutory law of any jurisdiction that would purport to limit the scope of a release or waiver. You waive and relinquish all rights and benefits which you have or may have under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California or any similar provision of the statutory or non-statutory law of any other jurisdiction (including without limitation the states of Missouri, Delaware and Pennsylvania) to the full extent that you may lawfully waive all such rights and benefits.
- TravBuddy reserves the right to modify or terminate the Service at any time for any reason without notice.
- TravBuddy is for personal use. Professional or commercial use of TravBuddy is prohibited.
- TravBuddy reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time.
- You agree that TravBuddy has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or storage loss of photos, journal entries, forums posts, reviews, messages, comments, or user submitted material ("Content").
- Third-parties may license Content and Data posted on TravBuddy.com Website via RSS feeds. These licenses may be revoked at any time at the sole discretion of TravBuddy LLC.
- By posting Content and/or Data to any part of the Travbuddy.com Website, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to TravBuddy LLC an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, reformat, translate, distribute and otherwise utilize such Content and/or Data and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Content and/or Data, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the Content and/or Data solely on and through the TravBuddy Service and TravBuddy partner websites.
- The Service maybe be temporarily unavailable at any time for maintenance or other reasons.
- TravBuddy is not responsible for any loss or damage, including but not limited to personal injury or death, resulting from the use of the Website, Content, or Service. TravBuddy is not responsible for the conduct of Members or visitors to the site, either online or offline.
- TravBuddy takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, nor is TravBuddy liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter. As a provider of interactive services, TravBuddy is not liable for any statements, representations or Content provided by its users in any public forum, personal home page, review, blog or other interactive area.
- TravBuddy is not responsible for the content, accuracy, or opinions expressed in linked websites outgoing from the Website or in user created Content.
- Inclusion of any linked websites on TravBuddy does not imply approval or endorsement by TravBuddy.
- TravBuddy does not guarantee the accuracy, credibility, or quality of any Content posted on the Website.
- Opinions or ideas expressed in user created Content do not necessarily reflect the ideas or opinions of TravBuddy LLC.
- TravBuddy does not permit copyright infringing activities and will remove user submitted Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another's intellectual property rights.
You agree to indemnify and hold TravBuddy, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, partners, and its employees harmless from any claim, loss, liability, or demand, including any reasonable attorney's fees made by any third party due to or arising out of your Content that you have transmitted or uploaded to TravBuddy, or through use of the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another user.
Information obtained by TravBuddy
TravBuddy obtains your email address during registration. TravBuddy will send notifications and TravBuddy news to the email address you provide. Your email address is not sold or used by any third parties.
If you don't want to recieve email notifications from TravBuddy you can uncheck the option in your Profile under Privacy Management.
Information obtained by Third Parties
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to you based on your visit to this site and other sites on the Internet.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. This information does NOT include information like your name, address, email address, or telephone number. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Setting the Privacy of your TravBuddy Account
You can control the information displayed in your TravBuddy profile. By clicking on Privacy Management you can determine the visibility of each item. In addition, you can set the privacy of your travel blogs in Privacy Management.
TravBuddy makes every effort to maintain the security of your account information. However, information transmitted over the internet is never 100% secure. Do not give out your password to anyone impersonating as a TravBuddy employee, we will never ask for your password. Please make sure to choose a strong password when creating your account.
If the ownership of all or substantially all of TravBuddy LLC were to change, your user information may be transferred to the new owner so the service could continue operations.
Please be aware that TravBuddy has no control over the identity or actions of the individuals who are members of the Website, and that we request that our users exercise caution and good judgment when using the Website. We have compiled a list of basic safety guidelines below. We encourage you to browse additional safety resources as well, and to review the terms of service.
General Safety Guidelines
Excerpted from http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/tech/tec14.shtm
- Think about how different sites work before deciding to join a site. Some sites will allow only a defined community of users to access posted content; others allow anyone and everyone to view postings.
- Think about keeping some control over the information you post. Consider restricting access to your page to a select group of people, for example, your friends from school, your club, your team, your community groups, or your family.
- Keep your information to yourself. Don’t post your full name, Social Security number, address, phone number, or bank and credit card account numbers — and don’t post other people’s information, either. Be cautious about posting information that could be used to identify you or locate you offline. This could include the name of your school, sports team, clubs, and where you work or hang out.
- Make sure your screen name doesn’t say too much about you. Don’t use your name, your age, or your hometown. Even if you think your screen name makes you anonymous, it doesn’t take a genius to combine clues to figure out who you are and where you can be found.
- Post only information that you are comfortable with others seeing — and knowing — about you.
- Remember that once you post information online, you can’t take it back. Even if you delete the information from a site, older versions exist on other people’s computers.
- Consider not posting your photo. It can be altered and broadcast in ways you may not be happy about.
- Flirting with strangers online could have serious consequences. Because some people lie about who they really are, you never really know who you’re dealing with.
- Be wary if a new online friend wants to meet you in person. Before you decide to meet someone, do your research: Ask whether any of your friends know the person, and see what background you can dig up through online search engines. If you decide to meet them, be smart about it: Meet in a public place, during the day, with friends you trust. Tell friends or family where you’re going, and when you expect to be back.
- Trust your gut if you have suspicions. If you feel threatened by someone or uncomfortable because of something online, tell an adult you trust and report it to the police and the social networking site. You could end up preventing someone else from becoming a victim.
- Be very suspicious and cautious if someone you meet online asks you for money, for ANY reason. They are probably up to no good. A good resource with more tips and resources is located at http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams