tanahairku Petronas Exhibition

Contact Information Galeri PETRONAS Lot 341-343, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

tanahairku Petronas Exhibition Kuala Lumpur Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Galeri PETRONAS - tanahairku Exhibition Jan 04, 2016
Galeri PETRONAS is located inside Suria KLCC but more often than not, overshadowed by the popular twin towers, which is understandable. But if you're already there, seriously, why not hop in? It's FREE anyway.

This gallery usually displays works of local artist and depending on your taste, some may be interesting, some not so. I happen to walk pass and noticed a new exhibition called "tanahairku" which translates to "my home soil". Something different, so I decided to go in.

To me, I think it's quite interesting for Malaysians as the displays really do show the lives of Malaysians in the past as well as current. It can also be interesting for tourists as you get to get some insights of our lives. The best part is, it's AIR CONDITIONED! In Malaysia, this is a MUST!

What I like about this gallery is that it changes its theme frequently, it's free, and easily accessible. What I don't understand is why they don't really promote this place, and its location at almost a corner at level 3 makes it less prominent.

This tanahairku exhibition runs only until 7th February so, if you're around, this may be something you can check out. Apparently they have different displays every year under this theme.
trippin_jen says:
Hahahahahahahaha I almost forgot about that
TB_Weet says:
Thank you but I'll pass. I prefer the baju kurung. Nicer and provide more coverage for sitting vulgarly :P
trippin_jen says:
Yes!!! Wanna go together and take a picture?
trippin_jen trippin_…
Galeri PETRONAS - New Object(ion) III Mar 31, 2016
A "sequel" from my previous review on the tanahairku Exhibition, there's a (not so) new theme this time around, introducing young Malaysian Artists' works.

I was impressed by the creativity of the artists using scraps and everyday items to produce a piece of work that tells a (their) story. Not just ordinary paintings, but ART...you know, those that you don't get it, but still like it. Or those that you see it, don't get it, don't like it, but still fetch a few millions.

The artworks were nicely displayed, a gallery that gives you space to admire every piece of work at your own pace.

Not everyone knows how to appreciate art, and I'm no expert. But it's nice to see, and it's nice to imagine how different minds work in their own ways when presenting ideas.
My favourite piece
New Object(ion) III
Nice...
Look closely, it's not painted, bu…

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals