TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 669,523 travelers just like you!

strangemystic
Award: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy Happy

Hometown: Antananarivo, Madagascar
Location: Madagascar
Join Date: March 16, 2009
Contributions: strangemystic has written about 10 places, shared 615 photos, left 371 comments, and smiled 371 times.
Travel Plans
Brazil
dream destination
Argentina
dream destination
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Malagasy (mother tongue), French, English, German, Spanish (bit rusty)
Books you might find in my backpack
Profile
Would travel more, if I had more money (like many, I guess), and if I didn't need a visa for most countries.
And I believe that "farniente" is very much part of travelling.
"The ultimate travel fantasies are, of course, unattainable. William S. Burroughs said in the 1950s, “What I want for dinner is a bass fished in Lake Huron in 1920.” In that spirit, I’d like to spend a Sunday in the West Medford of 1951, play bocce with my grandfather and eat some of my grandmother Angelina’s tortellini; I want to revisit the jolly bazaars of the Peshawar of 1973, the hopeful Nyasaland of 1964, the bike-riding China of 1980 (no private cars on the empty roads), and while I’m at it, I would like to return to the Borneo of the 1960s and again climb Mount Kinabalu." (Paul Theroux)
Aurora78 says:
Thank you!! Haven't checked my TB in ages!
Posted on: Mar 24, 2017
jendara says:
You are welcome my friend:)
Saludos!!!
Posted on: Feb 27, 2017
denisx says:
You're welcome!
Posted on: Feb 27, 2017

strangemystic's Travel Blogs

Kgale Hill in Gaborone
Feb 26, 2012
Climbing the Kgale Hill which overview Gaborone (parts of it)
Overview 311 words 49 1 3
Some pictures from my country
May 12, 2003 – Dec 10, 2011
A brief travel to Gaborone
Overview 0 words 54 1 19

strangemystic's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Paris, France
As I am not a big fan of Mc Donald's and the like, but do also try to save while eating, I gener…
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Heidelberg, Germany
I've been twice times at Scheffel's. Once for lunch, in December 2009, and the last time in June…
Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Paris, France
What I valued most is that the Air France bus station from and to Roissy (CDG) airport is just o…