Österreichische Galerie Belvedere

www.belvedere.at/de - +43 1 795 57-0

Österreichische Galerie Belvedere Vienna Reviews

yeshan yeshan
A true reflection of Vienna Apr 15, 2013
The Belvedere, is a series of Gardens Surrounding the actual Belvedere Castle/ Building. It is a glimpse of the well kept royalty from the yesteryear. There is alos a meauseam for which entrance has to be paid, but to visit the Gardens and the exterior of the Castle it is Free.! The water fountains the walk ways, the pristine gardens decorate the surroundings of this magnificent structure. The path ways are used by people for running, and recuperation while later on in the day tourists throng to catch a glimpse of this magnificent compound. A must see place if you are a tourist in Vienna.
spocklogic spocklog…
Palace and Museum in One Feb 12, 2006
The Österreichische Galerie Belvedere is a museum, but it's also a palace too, or was long ago. This place has some splendid views and the perspectives are something to see. Photos are allowed on the grounds outside, but strictly forbidden inside. This is heavily guarded and well enforced. I didn't find the palace all that fascinating, and sure it's grand and glorious and all that, but the real draw for me was a chance to see something really special.

In the museum there are some original works by Gustav Klimpt. That alone would draw me there, but something special was promised too - a chance to see the "The Kiss", one of my favorite works of art. And so it is here in all it's gold and glory! If you are in Vienna, this is a reason to visit the Österreichische Galerie Belvedere. It's an iconic work of art and a must see whether you love art or not. This piece of art is about love, capturing the intimacy between a man and a woman in a kiss. It's not just famous for being famous, and it's something special.

Well, the rest of the museum is ok too and has many fine things to see. I took a photo or two while a guard passed out of view and then quickly hid my camera. This museum is something to see for the security and they guard the art well. Don't miss "The Kiss" in Vienna! I include a photo of this work of art, not one I took (forgetaboutit) but one that shows what you should see in looking for "The Kiss"!
"The Kiss" - Gustav Klimpt
Palace view I
Wall Statue I
Wall statue II

Related Travel Blogs About Österreichische Galerie Belvedere

Vienna trip - main entry
I was in Vienna for the Advanced Solid State Photonics meeting. There was some time for touring around and I visited the Kunsthistorisches Museum, the Österreichische Galerie Belvedere, The…Vienna for the Advanced Solid State Photonics meeting. There was some time for touring around and I visited the Kunsthistorisches Museum, the Österreichische Galerie Belvedere

Check Vienna Hotel Deals