snorkling trip

Saint Thomas, United States Virgin Islands

snorkling trip Saint Thomas Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
St. Thomas, USVI, snorkling adventure Oct 10, 2014
We arrived at Charotte Amalie on the Princess cruise ship. The island was St. Thomas US Virgin Islands. We planned a snorkling trip through the Princess On the Limnos, in the direction of St. Johns, USVI so we would remain in US waters. We waited on the dock near a leader holding up a sign for all of us to gather together. At the right time we all walked together a very short walk because the snorkling boat was on the same dock as the Princess. We boarded and cruised for blue water.

We passed much of St. Thomas in nice blue water and after almost an hour, we stopped relately near St. Johns. We had our instructions in transit so it was easy to donn our snorkle, fins, mask, and floatation device. We quickly got to swimming (or floating) with a guide (the other employee stayed on the boat) and we saw beautiful reef fish of many colors. We saw rays, starfish, sea urchins, and an occasional turtle. The boat's horn blew and we returned to the boat.

We cruised a while and stopped at a second snorkle site. We went in the blue water and saw much the same as the other snorkle site and we saw new fish also. After a while the boat's horn blew and the snorkling was through...but not the fun.

As I was starting up the boats ladder I hit the ladder wrong and tore a small gash in my ankle. I got on board bleeding so they applied pressure to my wound. Then they gave me a bottle of hydrogen peroxide so I could sanitize my wound frequently.

Then the reggae music started. We had about an hour cruise back and they didnt want us to get bored. Then they came out with the large bottles of complimentary unlimited rum punch. All this was set in the beautiful blue water with nearby small islands. Some started to dance but I danced with the unlimited rum punch. Quickly I felt no pain but continued with the rum punch just in case. After an hour and mostly empty bottles of rum punch we sadly made it back to our dock and ship.
Charlotte Amalie, Limnos (snorklin…
St. Thomas, Charlotte Amalie