snorkling kay near Belize

snorkling kay near Belize - Belize, Snorkle Key

snorkling kay near Belize Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
Snorkling near Belize Oct 11, 2014
We ankered in the sea outside of Belize. We could take a free tender into near Belize or a pay for a Princess snorkle excursion to a famous key. We decided to do both. The famous key was first. I simply cant remember its name, so I will falsely call it Snorkle Key.

We had a nice hour long boat ride through clean blue water that we enjoyed. We arrived at Snorkle Key and it is beautiful with clear blue water surounding it, palm trees, and a wooden facility.

We got into the water snorkling, didnt see much fish, but we were happy. We were on the mainland side of the key and everything was easy. The guide took us around the reef to the ocean side of the key and suddenly we had big waves and a very strong current pushing some of the snorklers into the reef. I used all my energy and endurance to barely miss the reef and get to the easy side.

Then I walked onto the key and a party broke out with reggae music. I think they were selling drinks from the facility and I didnt get any. Then with party over it was time to return to the ship...but the fun was not over.

We started the hour boat ride back and the reggae music came on. Then the dreaded big bottles of complimentary unlimited rum punch appeared. Sylvia asked me not to get drunk so I promised her I would only get one rum punch. Then every five minutes they walked around the boat and filled up all the empty plastic glasses with new rum pounch...again and again. I lost count at fifteen and kept going. People were dancing to the music. Nobody was sober on the boat ride as we approached the Princess around sunset.

Getting dark we had a shot at a roundtrip tender onto the mainland and we went. No sober people on the tender but it didnt matter.

We arrived to find a high gated security zone with army guards with machine guns, so the taxi to Belize was out. There was a nice open air market in the compound and we both purchased some semi-overpriced colorful clothes.

We tendered back to the Princess and when I found my bed I just fell asleep.
Belize, boat ride to Snorkle Key
Belize, Snorkle Key
Belize, Snorkle Key
Belize, snorkling, reef on left ce…

Check Belize Hotel Deals