TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 679,297 travelers just like you!

skydiver
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi I

Name: Martin
Hometown: Bratislava, Slovakia
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Join Date: July 16, 2007
Contributions: skydiver has written about 56 places, shared 24,150 photos, left 4,079 comments, and smiled 4,882 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
Myanmar
New Zealand
South Africa
» see all 4 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Slovak, English, Spanish, German, French, a bit Japanese, a bit Russian, like every Slovak can understand Czech, understand partly Italian through Spanish, couple of words in different languages.
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
North Korea 2012, India+Nepal 2011,Iran 2009, South America 2008, Japan 2004, South-East Asia 2007, Central America 2001, Russia+Ucraina 2002 as a whole.

- Attending the wedding ceremony of a good friend in Japan
- Sending an e-mail home from North Korea, a crazy experience
- Getting by coincidence for free to the guest part of the Marina Hotel in Singapore
- Celebrating Lao New Year with my Lao buddy + his friends
- Visiting Panmunjom on the border between the 2 Koreas from the south 2004 and from the north 2012
- having a weird night on a beach of Nice in France when I ran out of money
- sleaping on the floor of a train station in Rabat in Morocco, a guy doing the same gives me soap as a present.
- Meeting a Slovenian friend by coincidence in Tsukuba, Japan, after haven't seeing each other for 5 years
- Admiring the morning Himalaya scape from our hostel in Darjeeling/India
- being invited with a friend by a group of young Russians to an expensive nightclub in Orel (Russia), finding out later that they all saved money for 2 months so they would be able to treat us.
- climbing Mt.Sinai/Egypt in the night to see a wonderfull sun set
- getting cheated in Cambodia, the organizer tells us an invented story with a big accident so we would stay in his hotel in Kratie instead of going directly to Phnom Pen.
- driving through Kosovo trying to get from Serbia to Macedonia and having troubles in Kosovska Mitrovica due to blocked roads and bridges (1 was unblocked suddenly)
- getting a fake University invitation for the Russian visa and avoiding the registration by the Russian police (which is obligatory if you stay longer then 3 days) using little tricks when getting out of the country by train.
- attending 2 bigger TB meetups, one in Antwerp in Belgium, the other in Lima in Peru
- celebrating Swedish Christmas with my good friend Dan from Sweden
- getting to Iran by bus from Istanbul and experiencing an overhelming hospitality of the Iranians.
Profile
I'm a cosmopolitan Slovak guy who's passion is traveling, learning foreign languages, meeting people from other countries and cultures. I spent part of my life in Colombia and Germany, but one of my best experiences was my exchange semester in Japan.
bubu932 says:
Happy Bday Martin , hope you have a great time!
Posted on: Jul 09, 2017
pepe88 says:
Ciao :)
Posted on: Feb 15, 2017
tracia-ann says:
Hi there when are you visiting Barbados ?? l
Posted on: Sep 27, 2016

skydiver's Travel Blogs

Azerbaijan - a country full of contrasts
Apr 13, 2016 – Apr 21, 2016
When visiting Georgia and Armenia in 2012 I've considered to include Azerbaijan, but as I had limited time and the Armenian - A…
Overview 0 words 702 2 52
A weekend in Berlin
Nov 27, 2015 – Nov 29, 2015
I've been already once to Berlin years ago, but when Ryan Air started to offer cheap direct flights to the German capital and w…
Overview 0 words 289 0 0
Santorini - Greek dreaming
Sep 10, 2015 – Sep 13, 2015
Greece has been always one of the favourite countries of my girl-friend. And I promised her that besides our usual back-pack tr…
Overview 0 words 415 0 0

skydiver's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Odessa, Ukraine
I've stayed in many hostels all around the world but this has definitely been one of the best on…
Cheap "Hostels" in Seoul, South Korea
The Inn-Daewon Guest House was listed in my Lonely Planet guidebook about Korea, that's why I we…
Cheap "Hostels" in Lima, Peru
Loki Hostel in Lima was one of the accomodations that were recommended to my by travelbuddy Yadi…