TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 546,637 travelers just like you!

sinehn
Award: Vox Populi III

Name: Sine
Hometown: Glesborg, Denmark
Location: Flensburg, Germany
Join Date: January 5, 2009
Contributions: sinehn has written about 1 place, shared 24 photos, left 90 comments, and smiled 40 times.
Interested in: sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
Flensburg, Germany
Nov 28, 2014 – Jan 1, 2016
We have been living in the very north of Germany since January 2014 - I am very excited about living in the countryside again!
Los Angeles, California, USA
Mar 1, 2015 – Mar 7, 2015
Visiting friends in Irvine - I don't have the highest expectations after having heard what others have to say about LA, but it's something new and Disneyland is a must!
Panama City, Panama
Mar 8, 2015 – Mar 15, 2015
Visiting a friend in Panama City - very excited about this trip and I will do my best to find sloths!
» see all 6 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Fluent: Danish and English, some: Spanish, French, German, Icelandic
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
There are so so many... Sitting on a bench gazing at Lake Matheson. Climbing Fox Glacier. Or bungy jumping in Queenstown! I just love New Zealand - has everything :-)

The US is fantastic - geysers in Yellowstone, gorgeous New Mexico with White Sands, Tent Rocks and so on, Viva Las Vegas!, Utah's incredible red rocks and canyons.

Iceland is maybe my favorite destination - cold as hell, but gorgeous! I helped round up sheep on horseback in the highlands one September - 50 riders, 100 horses and 6000 sheep. Wow!

Snorkeling Great Barrier Reef in Australia, marvelling at the temples in Egypt, staring in awe at the Rocky Mountains in Canada...

Basically I could keep on going for hours about my most memorable travel experiences ;-)
Profile
I have lived abroad since September 2009 - two years in the UK, then two years in France and now I live in Germany. My better half and travel companion is German and we both work as translators.
Before moving abroad I did a lot of what I call "proper" travelling (one to six months at a time) to different countries, but these days I mostly go for long weekends and week trips because I now have a grown-up job ;)

I am addicted to experiencing new places and love researching before I go, that's part of the pleasure of traveling for me. TravBuddy is amazing in this respect!

Favorite quote:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
~Mark Twain
rabsel says:
hi
Posted on: May 01, 2014
jetlag says:
Hey Sinehn, I'll be in Paris from the 13th to the 15th of November. I'd like to try snails (for the first time!) Know any good places?
Posted on: Nov 02, 2013
egrit says:
Hello dear friend,
I'm Mahmoud from Cairo.
I will come to Paris to spend just one or two days , I don't know anything there, can we hang out together to see places..
thanks in advance :))
Posted on: Sep 21, 2013

sinehn's Travel Blogs

Canada 2009
Jun 22, 2009
3 months in British Columbia in the spring/summer of 2009. Working on a horse farm and doing small trips in this beautiful prov…
Overview 138 words 19 5 52