TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 501,625 travelers just like you!

sinehn
Award: Vox Populi III

Name: Sine
Hometown: Glesborg, Denmark
Location: Paris, France
Join Date: January 5, 2009
Contributions: sinehn has written about 1 place, shared 24 photos, left 90 comments, and smiled 40 times.
Interested in: sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
Flensburg, Germany
Apr 23, 2014 – Jan 1, 2016
We are moving to the very north of Germany in January - I am very excited about living in the countryside again!
Alaska, USA
dream destination
I want to see whales. Plenty of whales.
Zambia
dream destination
I want to bungy jump Victoria Falls - this would be my third jump (the other two were in New Zealand and Canada) and it just looks too spectacular to pass up on!!
» see all 4 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Fluent: Danish and English, some: Spanish, French, German, Icelandic
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
There are so so many... Sitting on a bench gazing at Lake Matheson. Climbing Fox Glacier. Or bungy jumping in Queenstown! I just love New Zealand - has everything :-)

The US is fantastic - geysers in Yellowstone, gorgeous New Mexico with White Sands, Tent Rocks and so on, Viva Las Vegas!, Utah's incredible red rocks and canyons.

Iceland is maybe my favorite destination - cold as hell, but gorgeous! I helped round up sheep on horseback in the highlands one September - 50 riders, 100 horses and 6000 sheep. Wow!

Snorkeling Great Barrier Reef in Australia, marvelling at the temples in Egypt, staring in awe at the Rocky Mountains in Canada...

Basically I could keep on going for hours about my most memorable travel experiences ;-)
Profile
NB!! To everyone who writes me about showing you around Paris - I get requests almost every week and as much as I would like to help out, I do have a full time job and normal everyday things to do, so I don't always answer your messages or have time to meet up. Sorry in advance and hope you enjoy your stay in France!
..........................................................

I have lived abroad since September 2009 - moved from Denmark to the UK and then on to France in January 2012. My better half and travel companion is German and we both work as translators. We live in Paris because of my boyfriend's work, but I dream of moving somewhere in Europe which is better value for money in order to start traveling properly again. Nope, I don't like Paris - sue me ;)
I am addicted to experiencing new places and love researching before I go, that's part of the pleasure of traveling for me. TravBuddy is amazing in this respect!

Favorite quote:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
~Mark Twain
jetlag says:
Hey Sinehn, I'll be in Paris from the 13th to the 15th of November. I'd like to try snails (for the first time!) Know any good places?
Posted on: Nov 02, 2013
egrit says:
Hello dear friend,
I'm Mahmoud from Cairo.
I will come to Paris to spend just one or two days , I don't know anything there, can we hang out together to see places..
thanks in advance :))
Posted on: Sep 21, 2013
hawaiian_ree says:
im looking to go to paris for a day in may, most likely the 4th. i'll be doing a day trip from london. let me know if you'd like to meet up. :)
Posted on: Mar 09, 2013

sinehn's Travel Blogs

Canada 2009
Jun 22, 2009
3 months in British Columbia in the spring/summer of 2009. Working on a horse farm and doing small trips in this beautiful prov…
Overview 138 words 19 7 68