TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 691,659 travelers just like you!

shirlan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Shirley & Andrew
Hometown: Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Join Date: March 26, 2008
Contributions: shirlan has written about 169 places, shared 8,075 photos, left 5,052 comments, and smiled 12,084 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
My first overseas adventure with my sisters to Hong Kong. It was as a surprise to our parents who were on a stopover there.
Helicopter flight and landing on a glacier in Alaska
We also found crossing the border into Tijuana interesting!
Then crossing the border back to the USA in a 16 seat van full of Mexicans and us :)
Profile
Andrew and I are registered Marriage Celebrants! What a buzz!!!! We have also just become Justice of the Peace's. Haha that doesn't look right! Peace's!!! lol
I was born in Belfast Northern Ireland but was brought out to Australia where I was raised. I became an Australian Citizen in 1989. I have spent years raising a family and finally now have a son in law. I had to force my husband, Andrew to go overseas and now he has the travel bug. We go to work to save for our next holiday. we discuss travel plans regularly. Our 1st overseas trip together was for my 50th birthday. Since then, a few trips to NZ and then 7 fantastic weeks Canada and Alaska. We were able to meet some great Travbuddy's!
vulindlela says:
Happy Birthday!
Posted on: Sep 17, 2017
X_Drive says:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Shirley and Andrew!!! :)
Posted on: Dec 22, 2016
spocklogic says:
With Christmas just a week away, thought I would take time to wish you Happy Holidays!

Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
Posted on: Dec 17, 2016

shirlan's Travel Blogs

Malaysia October / November 2015
Oct 04, 2015 – Oct 10, 2015
This is going to be a long blog in the making. Sorry if it is a bit boring but hopefully I will get it up to scratch eventually…
Overview 1,272 words 0 0 0
My Meerkat experience
Oct 04, 2014
A wonderful park with lots of extra experiences
Overview 304 words 6 2 17
Malaysia 2014 part 1
Apr 03, 2014 – Apr 12, 2014
A quick trip to KL with our daughter and son in law.
Overview 3,554 words 0 1 17

shirlan's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Malaysia
We loved this resort. We could relax or do as much as we wanted. Everything here was at a reason…
Free! "Hotels & Accommodations" in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
It is a comfortable hotel in the midst of shopping and night life, with public transport availab…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Vancouver, Canada
This is a clean and comfortable place to stay. We stayed in a small one bedroom appartment. It w…