TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 697,575 travelers just like you!

sarahelaine

Name: Sarah Elaine
Hometown: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Location: Manchester, England, UK
Website: twitter.com/sarahelainech
Join Date: June 3, 2007
Contributions: sarahelaine has written about 961 places, shared 15,906 photos, left 3,929 comments, and smiled 5,504 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Braemar, Scotland, UK
Jan 19, 2018 – Jan 21, 2018
With the inlaws
Stoos, Switzerland
dream destination
They just opened the world's steepest funicular railway. What's not to like?
Mount Etna, Italy
dream destination
» see all 23 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
I speak English, I can talk about the weather, food, travel arrangements, people's kids and tourist attractions in French and Spanish, and I can read a menu and almost shop in Dutch and German, although it takes a lot of embarrassed smiling too!
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Six months in Northern Uganda working (and spending as much time in the national parks as work allowed); an absolutely life changing experience.

Honorable mentions go to getting engaged in front of Everest, Mulu caves on Borneo, watching seals in a sea loch in Scotland at dusk, the moonlight in THingvellir national park, Iceland, seeing Orang Utans in a sanctuary and gorillas in the wild, eating Biltong with an 85 year old retired game warden in the Kidepo Valley, the Niagara Falls, the theatre at Termessos and hiking in the alps opposite Mont Blanc
Profile
I'm small and loud, and too prone to getting on soap boxes about things. I get stupidly overexcited about rainbows, surprising sculptures, and really good noodles. Prone to sunburn, nerdiness, and outbreaks of scruffiness.

Anything I say on this site is entirely my own fault and is extremely unlikely to reflect on anyone who employs me.
boxinbcn says:
Wishing you all the best for 2018!
Posted on: Jan 08, 2018
yasuyo says:
You're welcome!
Wow,3 times! Sound cool:) I like Andalusia very much as well. So many places to visit that area,right? I wish I go back there again sometimes in the future.
Have a great weekend!
Posted on: Nov 18, 2017
yasuyo says:
Hi Sarah,
I see that you're going to Cadiz soon! I was thinking to vist there as well during my last trip in Spain. But have not time much for there. I'm looking forward to see your post about there!
Have fun your trip!!
Posted on: Nov 15, 2017

sarahelaine's Travel Blogs

Cadiz 2017
Nov 20, 2017 – Nov 23, 2017
Short trip for some warmth in Cadiz
Overview 846 words 106 1 5
Trip back to Vienna
Overview 0 words 46 0 0

sarahelaine's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Llangollen, Wales, UK
The Ponderosa Cafe is a complex of a cafe and gift shop at the head of the Horseshoe Pass, in Wa…
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Durham, England, UK
Durham Cathedral is a stunning cathedral in the North East of England, and an impressive display…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Durham, England, UK
I stayed here for one night during a mini-break to explore Durham. It is a very nice place to s…
Updated 1 month ago