TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 664,373 travelers just like you!

sarahelaine

Name: Sarah Elaine
Hometown: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Location: Manchester, England, UK
Website: twitter.com/sarahelainech
Join Date: June 3, 2007
Contributions: sarahelaine has written about 948 places, shared 15,147 photos, left 3,852 comments, and smiled 5,349 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Croatia
Malta
Merida, Spain
» see all 12 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
I speak English, I can talk about the weather, food, travel arrangements, people's kids and tourist attractions in French and Spanish, and I can read a menu and almost shop in Dutch and German, although it takes a lot of embarrassed smiling too!
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Six months in Northern Uganda working (and spending as much time in the national parks as work allowed); an absolutely life changing experience.

Honorable mentions go to getting engaged in front of Everest, Mulu caves on Borneo, watching seals in a sea loch in Scotland at dusk, the moonlight in THingvellir national park, Iceland, seeing Orang Utans in a sanctuary and gorillas in the wild, eating Biltong with an 85 year old retired game warden in the Kidepo Valley, the Niagara Falls, and hiking in the alps opposite Mont Blanc
Profile
I'm small and loud, and too prone to getting on soap boxes about things. I get stupidly overexcited about rainbows, surprising sculptures, and really good noodles. Prone to sunburn, nerdiness, and outbreaks of scruffiness.

Anything I say on this site is entirely my own fault and is extremely unlikely to reflect on anyone who employs me.
yasuyo says:
Thank you for the smile on my review:)
Vikram says:
Thanks for the comment!
shavy says:
Thanks Sara. I surely asked you if I need some tips :)

sarahelaine's Travel Blogs

A little trip in the UK
Overview 3,036 words 372 33 132
This blog was featured on Sunday October 23rd, 2016
Sep 09, 2016 – Sep 19, 2016
Antalya 2016 (under construction) - second trip with the travel baby.
Overview 4,001 words 187 43 383
This blog was featured on Friday September 23rd, 2016

sarahelaine's Travel Reviews

Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Durham, England, UK
Durham Cathedral is a stunning cathedral in the North East of England, and an impressive display…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Durham, England, UK
I stayed here for one night during a mini-break to explore Durham. It is a very nice place to s…
Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Dursley, England, UK
Days Inn at Michaelwood services is clean, has decent sized rooms, a decent shower and is just o…
Updated 1 month ago