TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,145 travelers just like you!

sarahelaine

Name: Sarah Elaine
Hometown: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Location: Manchester, England, UK
Website: twitter.com/sarahelainech
Join Date: June 3, 2007
Contributions: sarahelaine has written about 960 places, shared 15,800 photos, left 3,927 comments, and smiled 5,481 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Croatia
Malta
Merida, Spain
» see all 11 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
I speak English, I can talk about the weather, food, travel arrangements, people's kids and tourist attractions in French and Spanish, and I can read a menu and almost shop in Dutch and German, although it takes a lot of embarrassed smiling too!
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Six months in Northern Uganda working (and spending as much time in the national parks as work allowed); an absolutely life changing experience.

Honorable mentions go to getting engaged in front of Everest, Mulu caves on Borneo, watching seals in a sea loch in Scotland at dusk, the moonlight in THingvellir national park, Iceland, seeing Orang Utans in a sanctuary and gorillas in the wild, eating Biltong with an 85 year old retired game warden in the Kidepo Valley, the Niagara Falls, the theatre at Termessos and hiking in the alps opposite Mont Blanc
Profile
I'm small and loud, and too prone to getting on soap boxes about things. I get stupidly overexcited about rainbows, surprising sculptures, and really good noodles. Prone to sunburn, nerdiness, and outbreaks of scruffiness.

Anything I say on this site is entirely my own fault and is extremely unlikely to reflect on anyone who employs me.
Andy99 says:
Hi, Sarah, Thank you for your congrats, smiles and comments for my British Isles blog and photos! We had a fantastic time in the UK and Ireland. There will be more of it to come.

What was also interesting about the UK food scene was the number of coffee, tea and take-away sandwich shops like Costa and Pret A Manger that have appeared. One on every corner it seemed. Did not find Toad in the Hole on a menu. But I did have a Haggis Toastie in Scotland.
Posted on: Sep 29, 2017
shavy says:
Posted on: Sep 22, 2017
diisha392 says:
I am doing well. Just spent the afternoon at a local amusement park as a way to relax after my first week with students in the new school year!
Posted on: Aug 27, 2017

Aug 05, 2017 – Aug 06, 2017
Trip back to Vienna
Overview 0 words 46 0 0
Jun 24, 2017 – Jul 06, 2017
Second trip to Antalya with the travel baby
Overview 5,062 words 344 10 366
This blog was featured on Tuesday August 1st, 2017

sarahelaine's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Llangollen, Wales, UK
The Ponderosa Cafe is a complex of a cafe and gift shop at the head of the Horseshoe Pass, in Wa…
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Durham, England, UK
Durham Cathedral is a stunning cathedral in the North East of England, and an impressive display…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Durham, England, UK
I stayed here for one night during a mini-break to explore Durham. It is a very nice place to s…
Updated 24 days ago