TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 660,089 travelers just like you!

sarahelaine

Name: Sarah Elaine
Hometown: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Location: Manchester, England, UK
Website: twitter.com/sarahelainech
Join Date: June 3, 2007
Contributions: sarahelaine has written about 944 places, shared 15,086 photos, left 3,842 comments, and smiled 5,310 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
dream destination
» see all 13 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
I speak English, I can talk about the weather, food, travel arrangements, people's kids and tourist attractions in French and Spanish, and I can read a menu and almost shop in Dutch and German, although it takes a lot of embarrassed smiling too!
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Six months in Northern Uganda working (and spending as much time in the national parks as work allowed); an absolutely life changing experience.

Honorable mentions go to getting engaged in front of Everest, Mulu caves on Borneo, watching seals in a sea loch in Scotland at dusk, the moonlight in THingvellir national park, Iceland, seeing Orang Utans in a sanctuary and gorillas in the wild, eating Biltong with an 85 year old retired game warden in the Kidepo Valley, the Niagara Falls, and hiking in the alps opposite Mont Blanc
Profile
I'm small and loud, and too prone to getting on soap boxes about things. I get stupidly overexcited about rainbows, surprising sculptures, and really good noodles. Prone to sunburn, nerdiness, and outbreaks of scruffiness.

Anything I say on this site is entirely my own fault and is extremely unlikely to reflect on anyone who employs me.
melissawong says:
Hi, happy new year! Never been to Disneyland myself but heard many good things from people who find it a surprisingly pleasant trip. Hehe I guess I could try if I go to Paris. :)
Posted on: Jan 07, 2017
cotton_foam says:
Happy NY 🎉🎉🎉 Sarah!!!
Posted on: Jan 01, 2017
EvaJ27 says:
In this New Year, I wish you achieve all your goals in life
and get success at every step of life.
Happy New year!
Posted on: Dec 31, 2016

sarahelaine's Travel Blogs

Oct 02, 2016 – Oct 08, 2016
A little trip in the UK
Overview 2,653 words 372 33 123
This blog was featured on Sunday October 23rd, 2016
Sep 09, 2016 – Sep 19, 2016
Antalya 2016 (under construction) - second trip with the travel baby.
Overview 4,001 words 187 43 383
This blog was featured on Friday September 23rd, 2016
Portugal with mijo
Jul 21, 2016 – Jul 26, 2016
Portugal with the travbaby
Overview 1,160 words 75 13 49

sarahelaine's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Dursley, England, UK
Days Inn at Michaelwood services is clean, has decent sized rooms, a decent shower and is just o…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Cheltenham, England, UK
Holiday Inn Express in Cheltenham is in the city centre, just across the road from The Brewery Q…
Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Antalya, Turkey
The hotel Acra Barut is a big hotel, divided into two parts by a road, in Antalya. It has a wide…
Updated 2 months ago