salsa clubs in israel
Tel Aviv, Israel
salsa clubs in israel Tel Aviv Reviews
exiting expirience in Tel-aviv Oct 22, 2011
in Israel the salsa scene is getting bigger and bigger every year. dancing salsa is a good way to meet some locals and expirience some of tel aviv night life, it doesn't matter if you are a beginner or an expert there will be someone in your level.
unfortunately most of the local clubs dont have an English translated web site so if you dont know hebrew you probably wont know where to go. still the isaeli salsa organization do have a translated website (http://www.salsa.org.il/english/), as a local Tel avivian salsa dancer i am femilliar with the clubs around and I am pretty sure that you will find this review quit helpful.
a typical israeli salsa night is usually begins at 21:30 until 02:00, and divided to three:
1. 21:00-21:30 warmup/line dancing
2. 21:30-23:00 lesson - devided by the type(L.A/CUBAN) and level (first step to master)
3. 23:00 la fiesta - a party with all the salsa/batchata/regaton populare music
((this is very in general the best to call them))
the clubs in town:
opening: Tuesday and Saturday
location: south TLV - ben tzvi 84, 0502855888
cost: 40 nis
opening: all week, salsa nights - Tuesday, Saturday and Thursday
location: hashalom 5 - next to azriely - 03-5623456
cost: 50 nis
location: iben gebirol
cost: 40 nis
location: salame 46 0542490484
blue bird beach
location: herbert samuel 5 - the beach
cost: free - no teaching
tel aviv university
opening: Saturday from 2030
- go to the one with the mic or the person who sells the tickets and explain your situation, dont worry I am sure you will be treated well
- if its your first time - come early
- dont be shy, look who is in your level and ask him to dance! dont wait to be asked (girls..)
- remember the dancer (and the teacher) you danced with in the lesson and ask them to dance during the night
- dress comfortably, no flip flops
- its ok to come alone - you will meet people there(I am a living example for that)
- take water with you
- the first two clubs, Panorama and Havana, are very classy but still i think they worth the price
- there are many more salsa clubs all over israel (jerusalem/haifa/kfar saba/beer sheva/hulon/pardesia) no matter where you are in israel you can find a place to dance!
- dont be nervouse, Israelis very funds with foreigners and will love to dance and chat with you!
for any more questions and explanation I am here to be asked!
see you there!
1 / 1 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!