Alcudia, Spain

s'Albufera Alcudia Reviews

davidx davidx
Nature reserve - little known - free! Dec 21, 2002
I suspect any number of tourists and possibly even Travel Buddies have passed the end of the entrance road without any idea of what they are missing. It was very little publicised in 1999 and it was almost fortuitous that I went.

It is a wetland reserve. I found it very attractive as that but I think anyone uninterested in wetland flowers and birds might find the raves about the scenery on some websites a bit over the top.

As well as allowing free entrance they actually provide you with a map and some information. I was not lucky enough to see any raptors and the only heron I saw was a grey heron like the one that ate the goldfish in my garden pond! Even the ducks were all of types that could be seen in the UK but there were masses of them - literally hundreds - and of coots. I also saw a kingfisher which I always think lucky and two firsts, a cettiā€™s warbler and a [female] penduline tit. I left it as late as possible to leave and almost missed my bus.

Related Travel Blogs About s'Albufera

Alcudia and s'Albufera
I had meant to go to Pollença but I changed my mind. For one thing the return bus times [from Palma] were not very good; for another I felt that I should be pushing my luck a bit going for mo… I had meant to go to Pollença but I changed my mind. For one thing the return bus…

Check Alcudia Hotel Deals