's-Hertogenbosch Travel GuideBrowse 10 travel reviews, 2 travel blogs and 154 travel photos from real travelers to 's-Hertogenbosch.
Check 's-Hertogenbosch Hotel Deals
's-Hertogenbosch (Den Bosch in spoken language) (translated in English it means something like Duke's Forest) is the capital of North Brabant, a province of the Netherlands. The city is founded in 1184 and has about 140,000 in habitants. It's about one hour travel from Amsterdam (a direct train connection) and offers great opportunities for sightseeing, hiking and visiting historical places. It is considered as one of the most beautiful places in The Netherlands.
Den Bosch (or 's-Hertogenbosch):
- Birthplace and home of one of the greatest painters of the northern renaissance, Hieronymus Bosch (c. 1450 – 1516).
- You can visit the Saint John's Cathedral
- Borders on a nature reserve
- Noord Brabants museum
- SM's (Stedelijk Museum 's-Hertogenbosch)
- Famous for it's Carnival festival (every February), Jazz in Duketown (every Pentecost) en Boulevard festival (every August)
- Boattrip Binnen Dieze
When you are in 's-Hertogenbosch, you can easily extend your journey to the east (Nijmegen and Germany), the South (Eindhoven en Maastricht) and the West (Breda and Rotterdam). In Breda there is a direct train connection to Antwerp (Belgium).
Den Bosch has a nice city centre with a great "warm" atmosphere. Nice cafe's and bars and the city is also very nice for shopping.