TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 501,735 travelers just like you!

rsummo
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Rodney
Hometown: Breckenridge, Colorado, USA
Location: Breckenridge, Colorado, USA
Join Date: July 3, 2007
Contributions: rsummo has written about 72 places, shared 1,924 photos, left 51 comments, and smiled 652 times.
Travel Plans
Buenos Aires, Argentina
dream destination
I want to get down here and visit my friends Martin and Laura, and take some serious Spanish lessons so I can have an actual conversation instead of just asking where the bathroom is.
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, and enough Spanish to get around and get some beers.
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Looking a Great White Shark in the face as it tried to bite through the shark cage

Screaming along with 50,000 other fans at a World Cup game

Watching an enormous, pissed off African elephant mock charge our game drive vehicle.

Reaching the summit of Mt. Fuji at sunrise with my friend who has never climbed a mountain in his life

Being covered with ice on top of Kilimanjaro

Watching a football match in a favela in Rio at the home of our tour guide and eating dinner with his family

Playing charades with a monk at a random temple in north east Thailand
Profile
Back in cool, dry Colorado now, saving up for whatever next years trip is. I will squeeze in some domestic travel before the winter to visit some friends and family. If you are heading to the Rockies and need some info, send me a message!
Hummingbird says:
Happy Birthday from the central valley of California!!! I hope your day is as sweet as nectar and all your wishes come true! :)
Posted on: Feb 08, 2014
X_Drive says:
Happy Birthday!! I hope you haven’t grown up yet. Enjoy your chocolate cake and laughter with as many friends as you can and I hope the day includes some gold dropped in your lap for travel. May all your wishes come true!! :D
Posted on: Feb 08, 2013
mslellen says:
Happy Birthday :D
Posted on: Feb 08, 2013

rsummo's Travel Blogs

Costa Rica Volunteer Vacation
Apr 19, 2012 – Jul 01, 2012
Two and a half months in Costa Rica, dirt cheap. Half the time spent volunteering on a farm in Mastatal, the other half volunt…
Overview 1,348 words 423 1 3
May 26, 2010 – Oct 01, 2010
The long-planned trip to Africa is finally happening. First, climb Kilimanjaro, then down to Durban for the entirety of the Wo…
Overview 31,851 words 433 22 70
This blog was featured on Tuesday July 13th, 2010
Thailand!
Apr 26, 2008 – May 16, 2008
I'm teaching English in Thailand for the summer. Training was in Ban Phe and Bangkok, and my school and current home is in Cha…
Overview 1,541 words 88 1 0

rsummo's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Alajuela, Costa Rica
Though Alajuela Backpackers is listed as the ‘our pick’ in my guidebook, it was certainly no…
Cheap "Nightlife & Entertainment" in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
The sunset happy hour at the Lazy Mon cannot be beat. Of course, since the bar is on the Caribb…
Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
Years ago, a man from Spain and a woman from Italy met in Puerto Viejo and fell in love. They w…