TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 533,212 travelers just like you!

rowenm

Name: Rowena
Hometown: Manila, Philippines
Location: Seattle, Washington, USA
Join Date: February 4, 2010
Contributions: rowenm has written about 11 places, shared 71 photos, left 15 comments, and smiled 1 time.
Travel Plans
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
dream destination
Possibly 2012.
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
4WD tour of Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia, eating steaks everyday in Buenos Aires, 1:30am constellation tour of San Pedro de Atacama Desert in Chile, trek to Fitz Roy en El Chalten, ice fishing in Lapland Finland, visiting the Arctic Circle for the 1st time in Rovaniemi, Finland, walk at the RiverWalk in Sn Antonio, TX, granting a request of a local on a bus stop in KL to have his pic taken, then heading out to a print shop to get it printed where he immediately showed it off to his friends.
Profile
I travel mainly to satisfy my craving of my ever curious mind. Going for the unknown always thrills me to death. If things get too comfortable in my life, I tend not to be challenged and that leads to the feeling that I’m not making the most out of each day.

Travel is also my way of practicing overcoming my fears. One of the most effective methods of learning and growing as a person is to face our fears and step outside of our comfort zones. Although facing a small fear can also prove to have life-changing benefits!

The urge to quit my job and start travelling or living/volunteering overseas constantly lures me, like everyday! I got the bug as you can tell, and you know how that feels. I have stopped watching the Travel and Food channels as they're killing me. But then you can't avoid reading travel books and seeing travel photos, and yes, they're everywhere! I gotta travel or get immobile at home. Pick your choice.
rowenm says:
Joy - I love Malaysia, and probably whole of SE Asia :) Esp the food. Hope to come back there.

Hubison - I only played Capoeira for 5 months, but I mostly did karate for 4.5 yrs. No I didn't do capoeira while in S America. It's best to do that while you're in Brazil though. Sorry I have no school recommendation for you.

Moroccan-dude - Thanks! Do you live in Marrakech? I believe I have company already. Are you a guide? I'll be there mid of April.

Rowena
Posted on: Apr 06, 2012
j0ys says:
Hi! It's really nice looking at those pics of SEA. The foods are grrrrr soo yummy. How do you like Malaysia??
Posted on: Mar 07, 2012
HuBison says:
Your face looks familiar...do you play with Capoeira Males in Seattle? Also, I see you have been to Argentina and Chile...where in Argentina and Chile did you go? Did you play capoeira when you were there? I will be heading there soon and am going to contact a few schools to see where I can run in on a class, but was looking to see if you had any recommendations. Thanks.
Posted on: Feb 22, 2012

rowenm's Travel Blogs

2011 back to SE Asia
Oct 30, 2010 – Feb 24, 2011
Heading back to SE Asia again on Feb 2011. Unless something has changed, change of jobs, etc. I'll be visiting Northern Thail…
Overview 2,090 words 24 0 0
2010 South East Asia
Feb 07, 2010 – Mar 12, 2010
Back in October 2009, I already have my itinerary for this trip. Everyday I look at it, stare at it and do some tweakings here …
Overview 4,003 words 43 7 44

rowenm's Travel Reviews

Very cheap "Hostels" in Malacca, Malaysia
This is hostel recommended not only by an Australian girl I met on the Singapore-Malaka bus, but…