re: Los Angeles

Los Angeles, California

re: Los Angeles Reviews

Swede22 Swede22
Jan 03, 2008
"Safe" in terms of crime or in terms of water quality? There's no need to worry about crime at any of the beaches, though I'd be mildly cautious about walking around certain parts of Venice or Santa Monica beaches at night. If I'm not mistaken, the worst ocean water quality in town is in parts of Malibu. Everywhere else is fine.

Also not sure what is a "reasonable price" by your standards, but there's a youth hostel in Venice and another in Hollywood. There are plenty of Best Western-type hotels scattered around town that are in good locations but aren't too expensive. Depending on whether you will have a car (a near necessity if you want to get around town... cabs are expensive, there is limited public transportation... though buses do cover most of town, they just require patience), you should stay either in Santa Monica (near the beach), Beverly Hills (centrally located), West Hollywood (also centrally located), or Hollywood (lots of the tourist stuff is up there).

Good luck.
candeniz80 says:
Posted on: Aug 31, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About re: Los Angeles

The Beach
The next morning Magda is easily convinced to come with us to paradise and as per good travelers tradition and in loving memory of other, long dissolved but never forgotten teams, we form Team Los An…Los Angeles, after the name of the place we're going to. We drop our bags at a hostel…
Parting Shots from Down Under!
The day started at 3 AM on a Sunday to catch a bus and a 45 min ride to Avalon airport on the outskirts of Melbourne. An Aussie ultra-bicyclist wakes up to bid a good bye and hands me his email ad…Los Angeles now. If you’re in Australia, I hope you realize the beauty and the magic of your…

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals