TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,075 travelers just like you!

pearcetoyou
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: James; aka Jamie or Jaimito
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Join Date: January 15, 2008
Contributions: pearcetoyou has written about 282 places, shared 10,488 photos, left 20,460 comments, and smiled 45,520 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Everyone Laughs in the Same Language!
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
•Asia (July 2009) Getting delayed at the Jakarta airport!
•Scouring the coast of Portugal (August 1996) while sampling the many varieties of Portuguese wine, though 'sampling' may be understating it.
•Standing in the midst of a family of Silver Back Gorillas in the volcano mountains of Rwanda/Congo.
•Exploring the Masai Mara/Serengeti in Kenya and Tanzania.
•My first and second TravBuddy meetups in Vegas. First impressions last forever and I'll remember these for at least that long.
•NYC Meetup (April 2008)
•My UNICEF summers in Africa!
•Antwerp Belgium Meetup (May 2008) Simply a magnificent experience! Meeting so many new friends from Europe was as good as it gets.
•KC Missouri Meetup (June 2008) Okay, I didn't have to travel far for this one, but it WAS memorable. It was also my first time co-hosting a meetup, along with travelman727.
•Falling in love with the spectacular beaches in Mozambique!
•Prague Czech Republic (January 2009)
•Mt. Kilimanjaro (August 2008) Aside from a few headaches, this was the "peak" of my travel experiences.
•Road trip through 5 European countries and the Amsterdam NYE Mega Meet-up (December 2008) I can't do it justice with words!
•Visiting my home away from home in Taipei Taiwan with Brett (metsbwd) and Erin (poohstanggt). Three times, thus far.
•Bali Indonesia (October 2009) The BEST time of my life, thanks to my Princess Asri!!!
•Relief effort in Haiti (January 2010) after the earthquake, but certainly not a pleasant memory.
•Lombok Indonesia (October 2010) Our honeymoon in paradise.
•Riding the Greyhound bus from Missouri to Los Angeles (2011). It could also be considered the most forgettable!
Profile
Just planning my next big travel adventure...seems I am always preoccupied with doing that. It's as fundamental as taking my next breath.

"Travel is a reminder that we are all connected" ~ James
spocklogic says:
HBD!
Posted on: Apr 10, 2017
vulindlela says:
Happy Birthday!
Posted on: Apr 10, 2017
spocklogic says:
With Christmas just a week away, thought I would take time to wish you Happy Holidays!

Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•˚ *★...~ ~˚ *★ ˚ *★
Posted on: Dec 17, 2016

pearcetoyou's Travel Blogs

Jun 22, 2011 – Jul 24, 2011
Indonesia is my permanent second home now and this trip is not coming a second too early. I'm starting it off a bit different t…
Overview 3,426 words 1,380 147 827
This blog was featured on Thursday July 21st, 2011
The Apolis Road Trip
May 05, 2011 – May 11, 2011
Three meetups in three cities: from St. Louis, Missouri to Indianapolis, Indiana to Minneapolis, Minnesota! It all started on C…
Overview 2,536 words 308 63 343
Sep 08, 2010 – Mar 20, 2011
This blog is my personal account of the airports I travel through: from the smallest strip in the middle of a vast prairie in T…
Overview 11,307 words 355 53 171
This blog was featured on Thursday March 24th, 2011

pearcetoyou's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Jakarta, Indonesia
The name alone is enough to draw you into this place. As curious as I was about it, I never did …
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Jakarta, Indonesia
The Beer Garden is a nice spot in Jakarta to go for drinks, especially with a group. There is pl…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Los Angeles, California, USA
The Custom Hotel is located close to LAX. I got my room here through a Priceline bid for 65USD p…