TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 694,331 travelers just like you!

paulo37
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi I

Join Date: April 21, 2008
Contributions: paulo37 has written about 21 places, shared 373 photos, left 1,003 comments, and smiled 2,194 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, showing people around my hometown
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Portuguese, English, Spanish, basic knowledge of a few others
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
It would be unfair to choose "the most memorable"...they are too many to list here. To name a few:
- Having a 26-page interview published in May 2016 in a book that pays tribute to the fewer than 100 people who have been to all 193 official countries on Earth: www.amazon.com/Chasing-193-Vol-II-Country/dp/1532790694
- Crossing eleven war zones in 2006/2007 unarmed and without a body guard on a year-long solo overland trip through Africa.
- Scuba diving in Tofo (Mozambique), Galapagos (Ecuador), Palau, Sipadan (Malaysia), Bunaken (Indonesia), East Timor, The Philippines, Dahab (Egypt), Chuuk (Micronesia), Providencia (Colombia).
- Sunset & stargazing at Mauna Kea, Obs Roque de los Muchachos, McDonald Obs, Cerro Paranal, Cerro Pachon, Mt Hopkins, Las Campanas Obs, Palomar Obs, Cerro Tololo, Kitt Peak, La Silla, SOAR, SALT, Mt Wilson, Apache Point, LMT, Byurakan Obs, and smaller optical telescope sites in the Atacama...also visiting historical observatories such as Green Bank, Jodrell Bank, Yerkes, Arecibo, MRT, Tubitak, VLA, HESS, and the amazing telescopes in Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Tajikistan.
- Zodiac landings in Antarctica and interacting with penguins.
- The monuments of Egypt
- Call for prayers in Iran
- Iguaçu Falls
- The wooden sculptures in Papua New Guinea
Profile
Let me know if our paths will cross and you want to meet up. I'm energetic, creative, adventurous, flexible, generous, successful but down-to-earth, good listener and open-minded about other cultures. I'm an early riser who loves simple things like going to the beach, having an interesting conversation, seeing the sunset and having quiet times. I'm quiet yet outgoing and make friends easily. My interests are not limited, I need only the excuse/opportunity and I see limitless possibilities in life. I work hard and play hard and live a very busy life. I'm a non-smoker, don't do drugs, not a heavy drinker, eat red meat once/week. I'm an ultra-light traveler who flies with 5 Kg of cabin luggage regardless of how long I will be away for, freeing myself from material concerns and seeking rich life experiences. Although a good planner, I travel with minimum planning and always expect the unexpected. I prefer to stay in 3-star hotels, although I'm happy either in a hostel (private room) or in a luxurious hotel.
monky says:
Thank you muh appreciated Paulo I got it.
Happy weekend!:)
Posted on: Sep 30, 2017
monky says:
Hi Paulo long time of not talking I hope you are doing great I am sending a P.M. also ok happy weekend and safe travels!:)
Posted on: Sep 24, 2017
blenderboy says:
Hey Dr........Joy & I move to Scottsdale Az this week...New place for you to stay.Hope all in life well Lets talk soon JIM & JOY
Posted on: Jul 17, 2017

paulo37's Travel Blogs

Antarctica 2011
Feb 17, 2011 – Feb 21, 2011
Antarctica is so different from anywhere else that the whole place has a hard-to-describe, otherworldly feel. The vast scale of…
Overview 1,217 words 164 48 255
North Korea Oct 2009
Oct 02, 2009 – Oct 05, 2009
I was the only non-Chinese in a group of over 200 visitors, and had a tour guide assigned specially to me. Around 30% of my pho…
Overview 659 words 67 29 161
Uzbekistan 2009
Jul 08, 2009 – Jul 23, 2009
My 2-week visit to Uzbekistan was part of a 5-month trip to parts of Asia and a few islands of the Indian Ocean.
Overview 565 words 93 31 156