TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 667,126 travelers just like you!

osgoodst
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: steve
Hometown: Columbus, Ohio, USA
Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Website: www.facebook.com/profile.php?…
Join Date: May 31, 2007
Contributions: osgoodst has written about 187 places, shared 2,570 photos, left 1,585 comments, and smiled 4,655 times.
Travel Plans
Tennessee, USA
Mar 27, 2017 – Mar 31, 2017
road trip to tennessee, basically heading chicago to asheville NC.
Puerto Rico, USA
dream destination
looking to head there this summer - thinking cool off the beater track stuff ( ie not san juan)
Havana, Cuba
dream destination
haha just need to figure out how to do it! come on obama!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
english, a little portugese, a little russian
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Sitting in a suana in La Paz Bolivia while having a bunch of naked mafia guys rubbing salt on me. How ackward, but man I had such soft skin for the next month.

My other one is when I was in Morocco and we were going to go smoke a shisha (like a hooka) with some people. Well our friend ended up taking us to the backroom of an empty cafe. Inside was a group of old guys ready to smoke it up. It was a great group, me and two american girls, our moroccan friend, and 4 old guys we didn't know. So we're smoking kind of staring at eachother ackwardly, and one of the guys gets out a gun and throws it on the table to freak us out! Well doing that really lightened the mood, the 4 guys were the storekeep, mayor of ifrane, the police chief, and some army guy. We had a great conversation about the war in iraq (started 9 months earlier, and started to go sour by that point), 9/11, US torturing iraqiis ect.... it was a conversation every american and person in the arab world should have, and if they did it would be a much better place.
Profile
I have just moved to chicago, and am excited about moving to the downtown area next week. Right now I live in the boring burbs. I am a traveling engineer working in large scale alternative to oil projects, and making oil refienery improvements. The point being is that if you live in an energy producing area I am coming your way.

My hobbies are brewing beer and coffee; travel (duh), and loving life.
Ils1976 says:
You're welcome and yes, I know it is expensive, that's why I am Always looking for other cheaper destinations but still .. I hope to visit it one day. I will keep my eyes open! :D
Posted on: Mar 21, 2017
Ils1976 says:
thanks for the advice, I want to visit the country one day, only I don't know when it is possible, but I am going to think about what you said!
Posted on: Mar 19, 2017

quick trip to iceland
Overview 628 words 79 25 116
Gloups and Whisky - A Trip to Scotland, the Highlands and the Orkneys
Jun 06, 2016 – Jun 14, 2016
2016: Trip to Scotland going to the highlands, Edinburgh and the Orkeney Islands! …
Overview 1,001 words 84 8 47
Santiago to Buenos Aires - Lets Eat Some Beef
Jan 11, 2016 – Feb 21, 2016
This is from my trip at the end of 2015 to Santiago, Mendoza and Buenos Aires
Overview 0 words 40 7 30

osgoodst's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Hofn, Iceland
The house in the hill was used for our sleep in Höfn so we could get to the glacier lagoon in a…
Ridiculously Expensive "Sights & Attractions" in South Iceland, Iceland
The highlight to my recent trip to Iceland was visiting Vatnajokull Glacier to go hiking / cavin…
Expensive "Sights & Attractions" in Laugarvatn, Iceland
Laugarvatn Fontana is a spa complex located in Laugarvatn, and fairly close to Geyser - literall…
Updated 2 days ago