TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,159 travelers just like you!

norwayvalleygirl
Award: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Spambuster II

Name: Alexandra
Hometown: Los Angeles, California, USA
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania, USA
Join Date: November 8, 2009
Contributions: norwayvalleygirl has shared 658 photos, left 101 comments, and smiled 235 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Norway
dream destination
Visit the land of my heritage.
Maldives
dream destination
Sun, sand, water. Who wouldn't want to go?
Ghana
dream destination
I really want to visit western Africa. No tourist stuff for me though! YUK!!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, I can read and understand French when it is spoken to me.
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
My amazing but very humbling trip to Rwanda:
1. Visiting the Imbabazi Orphanage (Dian Fossey was good friends of Rosamond Carr that ran the orphanage.) Sadly, Rose Carr passed away three days before we visited the orphanage. She was buried on the property and the children had put flowers all around her grave.
2.Visiting the Akagera National Park. I saw giraffes(amazing to see up close!!), hippos, baboons, maribou storks, impalas, water buffalo, and monkeys.
3.Passing homes made of mud and grass without electricity or running water and realizing to never EVER complain about anything.
4.Seeing Lake Kivu with a DRC military plane making strange maneuvers over us and the lake. Very eerie!!
5.Sneaking pictures of the DRC/Rwanda border so the guard wouldn't take away my camera.(A little rebel I am!!)
6.Seeing the genocide memorial site at the University of Rwanda.(Students and teachers that died) I bawled my eyes out. I couldn't go to the main genocide memorial because it was too much sorrow for me. How can people do that to one another?
7. Learning at least 30 Kinyarwanda words in 10 days as my step-mother worked there for 8 months and only learned how to say hello.
8. The amazing and wonderful people of Rwanda. You will forever be in my heart!!
Profile
I am me and no one else!!
I am unique in all aspects and no one will ever change that.
I am outspoken, loud, rambunctious, funny, rarely quiet, and an extrovert!!
I make anyone come out of their shell!!
I enjoy the life I was given and will forever make it the best!!!
ChristopherD9164 says:
Thank you for your support!
Posted on: Feb 20, 2016
Posted on: Jan 10, 2015

norwayvalleygirl's Travel Blogs

Assateague Island National Seashore
Aug 28, 2012
A quick trip to Assateague Island while in Ocean City, Maryland.
Overview 0 words 27 0 0
Ocean City, Maryland 2012
Aug 28, 2012
A quick vacation to Ocean City, Maryland.
Overview 0 words 17 0 1
Plane spotting at LAX Aug 2011
Jan 02, 2002 – Aug 10, 2011
Plane spotting at LAX in August 2011. Was in LA for my 20 year high school reunion.
Overview 0 words 23 0 0