TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 703,214 travelers just like you!

Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Jon
Hometown: United Kingdom
Location: United Kingdom
Join Date: March 1, 2009
Contributions: northlight has written about 73 places, shared 1,925 photos, left 1,440 comments, and smiled 2,660 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Apr 6, 2018 – Apr 11, 2018
» see all 10 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Books you might find in my backpack
Most Memorable Travel Experience
-Family holidays to Western Europe and USA when I was growing up
-Backpacking Australia (my first solo travel)
-Living and working in New Zealand in 2007
-Travbuddy Meetups in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Poland and United Kingdom
-My regular travels to Southeast Asia since 2010
-Trekking the Inca Trail in Peru and seeing Machu Picchu
-Two week trip to Japan in February 2011
"the more of the world we see, the richer we become" (Emirates)
yayai says:
Hey Jon, can see share with me your plans for Bangkok? I might be able to join
Posted on: Jan 12, 2018
jendara says:
Have a great 2018!!!!
Posted on: Jan 03, 2018
chefwar says:
Hello Jon, Nolan is looking to visit Toronto, should you wish do so, I would be more than happy to meet up with you guys and take you around for a day or two or meeting up a couple evenings while you are here.
Posted on: Dec 21, 2017

northlight's Travel Blogs

Jul 20, 2016
South West Trains had a promotion on their fares to London so I took the opportunity to go and enjoy the capital and do some re…
Overview 506 words 18 2 5
Bangkok Meetup 19 November
Nov 19, 2015
Some pictures from our meetup in Sukhumvit. We went to the drunken leprechaun, am bar, cheap charlies and australian pub.
Overview 0 words 10 2 19
London Meetup April 2015
Apr 18, 2015
Drinks and shenanigans in Camden Town area of the capital.
Overview 0 words 18 18 51

northlight's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Southampton, England, UK
This was the second time that I have stayed here. I was able to get a room on a Sunday night fo…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Yangon, Myanmar
Good value is hard to find in Yangon at the moment because there is not much competition so hote…
This review was featured on Friday September 25th, 2015
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Bangkok, Thailand
I needed somewhere to stay in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok for just one night after my week in …