TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 679,619 travelers just like you!

nomaden
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Travelpedian

Name: Dennie
Hometown: Ormoc City, Philippines
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
Website: www.twitter.com/denniezen
Join Date: March 7, 2008
Contributions: nomaden has written about 32 places, shared 1,253 photos, left 2,553 comments, and smiled 2,833 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Burma, Myanmar
dream destination
Burma has opened up its doors to the outside world and visitors are heading there now to have the opportunity to experience the “then” and “now”. I want to see these golden pagodas and palaces before it becomes the new “it” spot in Asia.
Matutinao, Philippines
dream destination
3D/2N trekking from Osmeña Peak traverse to Kawasan Falls in Badian (3.5hrs van ride from Cebu City) *moved it bcoz of the unfavorable weather condition.
Santorini, Greece
dream destination
been wanting to go there after watching the Sisterhood of Traveling pants :)
» see all 6 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Butchered English, Minced Tagalog :P
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
♦ Climbing a difficult boulder because of a stupid dare (i almost died but managed to stay calm and was able to think of a good recourse to extricate myself from that danger)
♦ First time jumping off a thirteen feet waterfalls after having just learned how to swim.
♦ when I was pickled between two buses on one of my road trips with my motorbike.
♦ Snorkeling in Coron, Palawan - the huge corals (read: MASSIVE) and weird looking fishes scared the dickens out of me.
♦ Cliff Jumping in Siquijor. It was 50ft high and my body really trembled just by looking down at the water but I still did it anyway because my mind refused to acknowledge that I was scared. :)
♦ Snorkeling in Nalusuan Island - the blue fishes were very greedy they almost drowned me. I was frightened when they all (simultaneously) swam towards me the moment they saw that I have bread on my hands.
♥ Meeting GREAT people in Vang Vieng :D
♦ Literally begging the bus driver to let me ride the VIP bus without a bus ticket in Nong Khai (Laos Border) bound to Bangkok. :)
♦ Climbing the rocks in Mimbalot falls, couldn't get enough of its grandeur.
♦ Swimming with the dolphins in Ozamiz..
♦ The non-stop walking in Hongkong. I never thought I can survive walking day in and day out, too stressful but all was cool. Got to see lotsa stuff.
♦ Dropping my precious green camera in KL Birds park. It was a true battle of emotions. Could have had ruined the trip altogether. :P
♦ Worrying half the night in Siem Reap cause I'm $6 short w/ my terminal fee. The ATMs around the town are offline & the money changer had already closed for the night.
♥ My first autumn experience in Nami Island,ROK. Fall made the leaves looks like flowers, I missed my flight back home coz I couldn't leave sooner to go to the airport. The beauty is tugging at me, captured me in place for another 3 hours hence, missed flight.
Profile
Defining myself is one of the things i find very difficult to do. I'm rather more complex than you can imagine.. tearing it down to you would be so hard. to quote, trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.. nevertheless, i can offer you this: I'm a person who doesn't miss the chance to shut up, who always smiles thinking that the future might be worst, and someone who always remembers that i'm unique, just like everybody else.

spocklogic says:
HBD!
Posted on: Apr 29, 2017
baliw-katok says:
Hi, musta na ?
Posted on: Nov 24, 2016
globalsadi says:
We offer access to the same beautiful lagoons and offer all the modern comforts, like air conditioning, at a fraction of the cost of a resort holiday in Maldives. Now you can stay at Local islands where you can discover true Maldivian life & culture.
sadi@afurahotels.com / reservations@oliva-palm.com
Posted on: Nov 24, 2016

nomaden's Travel Blogs

El Nido
Sep 21, 2010 – Sep 26, 2010
Scenic lanscapes. Massive karst towering over the sparkling sea. Island hopping on powdery white sand {insert only good things …
Overview 5,953 words 177 67 117
Tomb Raiding..
Apr 13, 2010 – May 11, 2010
peeping through window frames, scrutinizing beautiful intricate carvings, clamoring over roots and rubbles, climbing up and dow…
Overview 3,008 words 55 14 22
Boholissimo
Apr 14, 2008 – Aug 23, 2009
Adventure galore on an anything-goes-itinerary in less than 24 hrs. Cool!
Overview 28,193 words 186 12 66

nomaden's Travel Reviews

Expensive "Hostels" in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
After six hours of hunting for an available hostel in Bukit Buntang we finally landed in Kuala L…
Average priced "Hostels" in Siem Reap, Cambodia
In hunting for a guesthouse in Siem Reap there was only one factor I was looking for - a free pi…