TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 522,189 travelers just like you!

newtampo
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I

Name: New
Hometown: Bangkok, Thailand
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Website: newtampo.wordpress.com
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Contributions: newtampo has written about 116 places, shared 7,214 photos, left 5,354 comments, and smiled 5,090 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
Iceland
Someday
New York, New York, USA
dream destination
If not this year, next year.
Japan
Some day
» see all 7 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Thai, English, more than 10 words of Italian .. i guess :D
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Lipe island: I love that moment. This paradise gave me a chance to meet good friends!

Koh Pangan: My first solo trip and I really loved it, and trying to go there every year, cheers to my favorite beach "Tong Nai Pan".

Loas: I was very excited when the police caught my friend and I just because he played djimbe in public :O

USA: My first time in the US. Traveled alone from Thailand to visit my cousins. When landed in Chicago, I was detained at the US immigration for 4 hours. They took a photo of me and my fingerprints as if i kill somebody :S The thing was, the photo in the passport didn't look like me .. but that's really me! :S

Italy/England/Korea: I must go back! Love!

Trekking in Nepal: They said "Trekking can prove the relationship between you and your trekking partner". Forever friends or short time friends, now I already got the answer.

India: Ohhhh ... more than words!
Profile
I love traveling, it's a good break for my boring routine. Actually my job is fun, it's advertising but sometimes after months before the job kill us alive we really need a break

In my country, I love the beach at South of Thailand. My favorite beach is Koh Phangan, be there once a year for 7 years now - not for a fullmoon party but to the nice, quiet beach called Tong Nai Pan Yai. And the second one is Koh Lipe. Travel abroad? I can go anywhere but i hate the visa rule, too many documents to prepare - it takes time but lucky never got refused yet, hope never. I love the cold place, prefer less heat but if have to, it doesn't kill me. I like snow, beach, food, city, small town, field, mountain - all I think. It's nice to see new things, try new things and meet new people. I also love shooting pictures. It's a good thing to remind me when I'm older about who/when/where/how it was. Some photos remind me the moment that already forgot so i try to snap the good time as much as i can:)

I just set up and run my own digital ad-agency with a few friends this year and I thought i would not have a chance to travel like before but i was wrong. If you can manage time perfectly then nothing can stop you from traveling. Enjoy walking on the road everyone:)

Memo says:
your welcome..hope u had a good one...
Posted on: Jun 03, 2014
Hummingbird says:
You are so very welcome, New! We only have birthdays once a year so I hope yours was a really sweet one and all your wishes came true!! :)
Posted on: Jun 01, 2014
jendara says:
You are welcome my friend:)
Have a great week!!!
Posted on: Jun 01, 2014

newtampo's Travel Blogs

Dec 18, 2006 – Apr 10, 2013
"I know somewhere there is a party going down. Interesting people, conversation to be found. I've lived in cities where there i…
Overview 7,983 words 340 189 229
This blog was featured on Friday December 24th, 2010
Survey &filming in Singapore
Sep 12, 2012 – Dec 06, 2012
There for work.
Overview 2,344 words 92 17 24
Apr 09, 2012 – Nov 30, 2012
No K-pop, No-korean series for me but the country and the food .. you rocks.
Overview 3,949 words 189 34 83
This blog was featured on Thursday April 4th, 2013

newtampo's Travel Reviews

Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Bangkok, Thailand
Ha, I love this place!:) I've found it on a website when an old friend came to visit and asked m…
Expensive "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Bangkok, Thailand
River view restaurant. Nice place to chill near Chao Praya River:) The place is like the ol…
Expensive "Nightlife & Entertainment" in Bangkok, Thailand
Brown Sugar: The Jazz Boutique is the Jazz Live Bar since 1985. It was located around Lang Soun,…