27 South Sathorn Road, Bangkok, Thailand

nahm Bangkok Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
Delux Thai restaurant Apr 11, 2014
I had read about the Nahm restaurant at The Cosmo Hotel in Bangkok before coming here. It had just recently been named the best restaurant in not just Bangkok – but all of Asia so I figured it would be interesting to see what the place was like. The cooking should be more or less traditional Thai with a bit of a twist so it could be a great new version of a Thai eating experience.

I had booked beforehand and had read they actually had a dress code for the restaurants at the hotel. So I made sure not to come in shorts or a sleeveless shirt which was ban by the restaurant – so was flip-flops and the like. Hence I came in a shirt with sleeves and sandals which weren’t mentioned in the dress code hence I figure it would be fine. This turned out not to be the case. When we got there they said I need shoes – women could come in sandals but not men so the woman in front of the restaurant said I had to go back to my room to get shoes. Well we didn’t stay at the hotel – way out of our budget. So we said we stayed at a hotel 20 minutes taxi ride away. Then she decided we could go in if we would accept a table a bit away from the main part of the restaurant so it wasn’t too obvious we were breaking the rules of the restaurant/hotel. I think this was preferable since we got a nice quite table at a corner.

We got the menu and it is possible to order either just a la carte or you can go for the set menu, which consist of a dish from each section of the menu which is then served for the entire table with the exception of the soups where you can choose different soups for everybody at the table. We decided to go for the menu since it looked like better value.

We tried to pick a couple of the different dishes which sounded good. But there is certain restriction to consider. This restaurant might be catering to a mainly western clientele – but it is still a Thai restaurant in Thailand so they do tend to use a bit more spice than some of the Thai restaurants in Europe. Hence when we were about to order the Jungle Curry they did warn that this particular dish wasn’t just spicy – no it was extremely spicy. I figured this would probably be too much for me so we changed it for another curry dish.

The service at the restaurant was good and attentive and when we got the food it was all very well prepared. The food tasted very good and after we avoided the jungle curry it wasn’t too spicy – just enough flavor and spice to make it delicious tasting Thai food.

The restaurant is at a nice location and there is enough room between the tables to ensure you are not bothered by the people sitting next to you. Though we didn’t have anybody sitting next to us, since we were in violation of the official dress code. The price at the restaurant is expensive for Thai standard coming in at 2000 baht per person for the menu. But for the quality and the food it is a bargain compared to similar restaurants in Europe.
The sign at he entrance
They did serve Thai beer along wit…
nolan says:
Congratulations Mickey on your featured review!
Cho says:
Congratulations, Mickey on this featured review!
AussieMel82 says:
Congrats on the featured review! :)

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals