moving around in dharamsala

road from kangra to mcleod gunj, Dharamshala, India

moving around in dharamsala Dharamshala Reviews

sami010 sami010
my experience of Dharamsala Feb 06, 2016
I am highly thrilled to write my first experience of my trip to dharamsala.really very nice and friendly place. People around are helpful and eager to guide you through your quest to explore.

Starting with the people who like to hire bikes on their way up to Mcleod Gunj - i have seen a advertisement board specifying to hire bikes for your excurssion, this was 8 KM before reaching dharamsala. Though i had my vehicle i did not stop for it.

Dharamsala market is bit messy after 11 am till 7 pm as the road used by both traffic and pedestrians. though people are friendly so they guide you through the obstacles easily.

there is a row of 2 to 3 hotels as you cross dharamsala market and road also opens up a bit. Small cars are preferable but a SUV will also fit in but with little precision from the driving guy.

About food, there is plenty but as i was trying to get hold of PURE VEGETERIAN its difficult.

Market of Mcleod gunj is hub, you get taxi there and alot of locals flok you for getting you to hotels if you go by your vehicle. I stayed in moon walk.(wifi enabled) But the hotel next to it also looked good.

As i went during off season i managed to get accomodation for 1100 Rs. otherwise in season it is 2500 plus.

Hope my short preview would help my fellow travellers.

Check Dharamshala Hotel Deals