TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 694,165 travelers just like you!

montecarlostar
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Carlos
Hometown: Chihuahua, Mexico
Location: Ruston, Louisiana, USA
Join Date: February 20, 2009
Contributions: montecarlostar has written about 467 places, shared 9,070 photos, left 26,265 comments, and smiled 47,923 times.
Travel Plans
Nepal
Russia
dream destination
Oh Russia, Mother Russia!
Kuwait
dream destination
To visit my very good friend!!
» see all 19 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Spanish, English, German, Portuguese
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Recently I have been remembering some of my trips and although there is something memorable about all of them, I still think my best trip is yet to come. I enjoy memories, but I always look forward to the present and the future. Live the moment, rejoice in the past and foresee the future is my belief. I think that if heaven should be eternal joy, then it must be eternal discovery.
Profile
I am a down to earth individual, I enjoy doing new things, it' my fountain of youth! One of the things I enjoy the most is to travel, going to new places is always exciting, but sometimes revisiting old places is also cool!

My best childhood gift was a World Atlas. With it I began to play and dream about visiting every country on this planet. I became so obssessed about culture and geography, but I could only satisfy my hunger for knowledge with books back then.

My favorite food ever is Buffalo Wings! Especially with celery and Ranch. I just can't get enough of 'em! I have a very defined taste with respect to music that some -or most- people may find extreme, but I like what I like and I don't expect people to like the same. My favorite album ever is "Nucleus" by the swedish band Anekdoten. Listen to that and you will get a good idea of the music I like.

Arrogance is what I hate the most in this world. It makes me sick how some people see themselves as superior or better or more worthy than others and with the right to humilliate.

Also, my favorite movie ever is "Dogville" with Nicole Kidman and directed by Lars Von Trier. My philosophy about life is based on it.

KISS - Never enough

"People waste time on their hopes and dreams
Fate is always in my hands
Only way I know is the way I'm gonna go
When others sit and make their plans
I don't stop 'til I make it to the top
Don't need no one to understand

'Cause I know what I'm doing
And I know what I want

Gimme life, for the takin'
Gimme love, 'til I'm shakin'
Gimme rules, just for breakin'
Because it's never enough, never enough, never enough!"
jendara says:
Happy Birthday Carlos:)
Feliz Cumpleaños Carlos:)
monky says:
Feliz cumple Carlos que la pases super los mejores deseos abrazotes! :D
vulindlela says:
Happy Birthday!

montecarlostar's Travel Blogs

Would be Grand West NYE trip
Dec 31, 2013 – Jan 04, 2014
The adventures of what was going to be our Grand West NYE Trip and what it really ended up being...
Overview 1,680 words 67 34 111
Great Lakes tour!
Oct 24, 2013 – Nov 28, 2013
This title will be a little misleading, because I did not really see the lakes, but I couldn't find any other more appropriate …
Overview 1,176 words 135 38 345
The Mothman!! Mwahaha!
Nov 14, 2013
A small work trip to Point Pleasant that ended up being an interesting cultural experience!
Overview 445 words 17 14 49

montecarlostar's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Fort Worth, Texas, USA
This hotel was our last stop before going back home. I didn't really feel all that good to drive…
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Groom, Texas, USA
I had known about a place near Amarillo, TX where life-size statues of the Via Crucis (the Passi…
Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Amarillo, Texas, USA
We stayed in Amarillo after driving 8 hours from Cheyenne, WY, so when we arrived I was of cours…