TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 694,319 travelers just like you!

metsbwd
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi II

Name: Brett
Hometown: Fairfield, Connecticut, USA
Location: Boxtel, Netherlands
Website: ourtastytravels.com
Join Date: June 16, 2007
Contributions: metsbwd has written about 152 places, shared 6,359 photos, left 1,183 comments, and smiled 2,016 times.
Travel Plans
Fiji
Antarctica
Iceland
» see all 28 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English. Barely passable Spanish and Dutch.
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
-A most amazing road trip with Erin to bring her back to Taiwan with me in June, 2009. Sacramento via Tahoe to Vegas, then back up the coast from Ventura to Napa with stops in Santa Barbara Wine Country, Moro Bay, Hearst Castle, Big Sur, Monterey and Santa Cruz
-Introducing Erin to Taiwan in April, 2009, including dinner at the top of Taipei 101, Taroko Gorge, and the North Coast of Taiwan
-Driving from Wroclaw to Krakow via Czech Republic and Slovakia, crossing into Poland through a Carpathian Mountain pass during a snow storm!
-Getting engaged at one of the nicest restaurants in Eindhoven between trips to Dublin and Poland
-Napa Valley, three times so far in 2009
-New Year's Eve Meet-up in Amsterdam
-Road trip to Strasbourg with TB friends between Dusseldorf and Amsterdam
-Christmas in Paris at Disneyland with Erin
-My Birthday meet-up in Eindhoven
-Tucson Road Trip
-Las Vegas Meet-Up (Life changing...thank you Erin!)
-Dusseldorf TravBuddy Meet-Up
-Walking up the Great Wall
-The temples at Angkor
-Cigarette boat in Bangkok
-Trying local dishes in a Taiwanese night market
-Prague
-Budapest
-Inspiration Point at Roosevelt Lake in Arizona
-Walking to the bottom of the Grand Canyon (and back up)
-Hiking to the top of Cathedral Rock in Sedona in 110-degree heat with no water, no hat, etc. Oh, wait, that is stupidest travel experience I think...
-My first time walking into the Grand Place in Brussels (best way to do it is being led in with your eyes closed and opening them in the middle of the square)
-Having my seat given away on the Hong Kong to Amsterdam leg of a trip from Taiwan to France and being diverted to Bangkok for a 12 hour layover connection...and never leaving the airport. Forced me to go back for a visit...can't spend that much time in an airport and never see the city.
Profile
I met my wife(Erin...poohstanggt) on September 12, 2008 at a TravBuddy MeetUp in Las Vegas. She has since moved out with me to Taiwan!

Why in the heck did I just drive all the way to Liechtenstein!!! I love spur of the moment trips!

Going to be living in Taiwan for a year (or two) it appears. Hopefully then returning to the States....perhaps the West Coast..or perhaps back to Europe?
spocklogic says:

Our annual trip to Belize, and seems like our annual Hurricane in Belize
Overview 150 words 10 0 2
Taiwans 99th National Day Celebration
Oct 10, 2010
Photos from the 99th National Day of Taiwan parade in Taipei City.
Overview 229 words 223 0 4
The overall journey
Feb 14, 2004 – Sep 17, 2009
Summary of my travels since starting to travel for work in 2004. Three continents and three jobs later, this blog is an ongoin…
Overview 29,111 words 4,251 164 384

metsbwd's Travel Reviews

Free! "Hotels & Accommodations" in San Pedro, Belize
Awesome hotel, with a swimming pool, sand beach and beach-front bar. Awesome staff, free contin…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Norwalk, Connecticut, USA
Considering the other optiond in southern Fairfield County, the Hilton Garden Inn in Norwalk is …
Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Fairfield, Connecticut, USA
Fairfield, CT is a nice, beach community along Connecticut's gold coast. This is where I have l…