TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,126 travelers just like you!

melissawong
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi I

Name: Melissa
Hometown: Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Join Date: June 15, 2009
Contributions: melissawong has written about 16 places, shared 382 photos, left 567 comments, and smiled 611 times.
Interested in: meeting new people
Travel Plans
antartica, Antarctica
South Korea
dream destination
I keep talking about this for years!
Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
dream destination
Not sure when I will have two weeks to spare
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin & Cantonese, un petit peu français
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Most Memorable Travel Experience
2015.I met my good friends/seniors and their family in New York. Another real coincidence because they went there to get a passport for their new born baby. We had such a great time chatting about work and life. Can't believe their daughter is so big now... I feel old. :p

2014. I met my cousin whom I haven't seen for 2 years in Athens. I was there for a 2-week workshop while he and his wife were on honeymoon. What a real coincidence! I found out that he was in Greece because my aunt saw my photos on FB and messaged me during the workshop.

2011.A veteran I met in Manila said that I'm young, attractive, highly educated and funny. He also said, "When you doubt, you are defeated". I never forget those words.

Profile
Hi, I'm Melissa. I usually travel about three times a year for both work and leisure. Traveling alone allows me to meet more people and make new friends. My favourite quote is "Don't tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you traveled. I love the nature especially the jungle and I have a PhD in forest genetics. I´m currently working in Geneva.
mosted says:
Ni hao! (just kidding :) )
Posted on: Jul 01, 2017
jacobi says:
Trying telling your spouse you don't love them anymore, now that's a hard one.
Posted on: Jun 18, 2017
pANSY22 says:
Hey hey! I hope you are doing fine. :) Do you have any travel plans for the near future? Your travel list looks too empty. ;(
Posted on: Apr 17, 2017

melissawong's Travel Blogs

Finding my way to Southern China
Oct 19, 2009 – Jan 05, 2010
I finally landed in China and spent almost 3 months.
Overview 8,642 words 238 21 59
Crazy KL meetup 25 July
Jul 25, 2009
My first TB meet-up and first time clubbing. It's just crazy!
Overview 4,016 words 22 46 57
Taman Negara (Merapoh), Malaysia
Apr 03, 2009 – Apr 04, 2009
Malaysia -›
The oldest national park in Malaysia home to the most pristine forest
Overview 4,128 words 22 9 20

melissawong's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Hostels" in Macau
This is one of the few hostels in Macau which has a website ( http://www.cnmacauhotel.com) a…
Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Sofia, Bulgaria
Good location. Walking distance to city centre. You can do some shopping at Vistosha Boulevard j…
Cheap "Hostels" in Shenzhen, China
Walking distance to Subway. A supermarket right opposite the hostel. Convenient for meals. A pla…