TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 674,883 travelers just like you!

melissatms
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi III

Name: Melissa
Hometown: Saint Augustine, Florida, USA
Location: Saint Augustine, Florida, USA
Website: www.facebook.com/profile.php?…
Join Date: August 24, 2007
Contributions: melissatms has written about 5 places, shared 211 photos, left 2,576 comments, and smiled 1,052 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, showing people around my hometown
Travel Plans
Koh Phangan, Thailand
dream destination
Really want to get over there to experience a Full Moon Party at least once!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Mosh Pit, English, Espanol, Kung Fu, Super Hero (specifically, She-Hulk and Wonder Woman)
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Every travel experience is memorable in its own way.
Profile
For my friends on Hyves, you can add me if you wish!

------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not going to tell you that I'm not like anyone else you've ever met. There are bits and pieces that might be the same. My personality fluctuates, along with my tone, attitude, and presence. It's unpredictable around me. I don't argue this. I don't argue with my wrongs, I know what my flaws are.

In any case, I want you to know me for real. I want you to see what is wrong.

And I want you to like me anyway.

…And what I bring up in you, hatred or desire, if it’s not spent, what is its value?

If you don’t want to kill me, or kiss me, or go on some long walk, or some short drive; if you don’t want to avoid me at all cost; if this doesn’t draw you to me or repel you away from me, of what value is it?

I don’t want you to like my photograph, that particular pose.
Or my essay, that collection of craft.
Those false constructions.
Any spin I can give myself.

I want you to like me, opened up.
If it’s possible.
Perhaps it is.
Perhaps it’s not.

But one should try.

I’m human. Are you?

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I must learn to love the fool in me. The one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my fool."

-----------------------------------------------------------

choose with no regret.
continue to learn.
appreciate your friends.
do what you love.
live as if this is all there is.

voordax says:
Wow, long time since I hit you on your bday! Hope you have a great birthday week ahead! Did you ever make it up to Seattle/Portland to visit? Hope you have some trips lined up and that 2016-17 treats you great! :)
Posted on: Sep 13, 2016
spocklogic says:
HBD!
Posted on: Sep 13, 2015
blenderboy says:
Bday Greetings R U Coming To Vegas for the New Years Eve Meetup ?? A Few from Amsterdam will be there,,, Harriet,Dennis & Jasmine from Holland, Us JIM & JOY Milwaukee Dr Sal in Vegas,,Erin and Others!!!

Enjoy your Special Day We leave Tuesday for Paris,Prague,Budapest & Istanbul 2 1/2 weeks of fun

Hope to see u in Dec JIM & JOY

What a party!
Overview 0 words 39 36 77
Where I live
Sep 06, 2007 – Feb 25, 2008
Various photographs of Saint Augustine, Florida and surrounding areas. I'll update on a regular basis as I take new pictures!
Overview 0 words 60 75 160
Florida Museum of Natural History
Feb 16, 2008
Took an afternoon and visited one of my favorite places, the Florida Museum of Natural History in Gainesville, Florida. It's pa…
Overview 0 words 44 24 56

melissatms's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Nightlife & Entertainment" in Amsterdam, Netherlands
If you like dark, smoky clubs with no dress codes, then this is the place for you. This is a gre…
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Gainesville, Florida, USA
There's a place for the Sea Worlds and Disney Worlds and other attractions located throughout Fl…
Expensive "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Amsterdam, Netherlands
This is a casual, hip restaurant located in the Nine Streets area of Amsterdam. The atmosphere i…