TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 671,535 travelers just like you!

marix_sublime
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Maricar
Hometown: Manila, Philippines
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Join Date: April 5, 2007
Contributions: marix_sublime has written about 64 places, shared 873 photos, left 5,621 comments, and smiled 5,217 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Filipino, English, very basic Yoruba
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
all my travel experiences had left something extraordinary in me. anyway, let me share some highlights. i hope to add more as i see more of the world :)

*Singapore-Malaysia trip as it is with good friends.*

*getting 'lost' in singapore while on the way to kuala lumpur*

*seeing the breaking of a new day at Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia*

* US and Canada trip 2014*

* Hongkong and Macau with my Mom, nephew and bro 2015*

* Hanoi, Vietnam 2016 *
Profile

'filipino by birth, world citizen by heart'

i love travelling and the experience of making new friends in every place i visit. i also enjoy learning about the local culture of those places. photography is of great interest too. although, i am far from being a professional photographer, i do enjoy the times i immortalized places i've been to my camera. Reading is a passion as well. i think it balanced my life somehow, i am very friendly so i am usually surrounded with people but reading always give me my own private downtime, and i relish every moment of those times.

cotton_foam says:
Happy NY 🎉🎉🎉 Maricar!!
Posted on: Jan 01, 2017
sabahmh says:
Happy New Year to you with lot of travelings in 2017
Posted on: Dec 24, 2016
spocklogic says:
With Christmas just a week away, thought I would take time to wish you Happy Holidays!

Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
Posted on: Dec 17, 2016

marix_sublime's Travel Blogs

HanoiVentures 2016
Aug 12, 2016 – Aug 13, 2016
I went to Hanoi for a short trip last August 2016. It was my first solo travel. And i had fun!
Overview 1,054 words 36 2 77
Nov 13, 2012 – Dec 06, 2014
I am starting a blog for Phillipine travels....and I will start with my most recent one last November 2012
Overview 2,066 words 111 66 281
This blog was featured on Monday December 8th, 2014
Aug 13, 2007 – Aug 23, 2014
my ever work in progress blog because I wanted to record my (mis)adventures in Lagos, and since I am still working here, I will…
Overview 6,214 words 133 185 612
This blog was featured on Thursday August 16th, 2012

marix_sublime's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Meycauayan City, Philippines
During my last visit to the Philippines, I was able to visit a restaurant owned by friends, Ann …
This review was featured on Sunday May 1st, 2016
Expensive "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Manila, Philippines
I was still in Lagos, Nigeria when I heard that Tim Ho Wan will open in Manila. I have read abou…
This review was featured on Friday December 12th, 2014
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Miami Beach, Florida, USA
We booked for 2 nights at the Clay Hotel. This was located at Washington Ave and very near Espan…