TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 699,196 travelers just like you!

margie_adventure
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Happy Happy Happy

Name: Margie
Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Join Date: September 18, 2008
Contributions: margie_adventure has written about 1 place, shared 11,610 photos, left 2,735 comments, and smiled 4,543 times.
Travel Plans
Prague, Czech Republic
Venezuela
Bagan, Myanmar
» see all 16 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Vistaglish (Fluent)-> short word for Visayan, Tagalog & English :-) Also a random bits of Japanese,Spanish,Chinese, and French (just enough to get me out of trouble :-)
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Too many to remember, but the latest would be:
-> swimming with the Dolphin in Mexico
-> skydiving in Hawaii on Thanksgiving day
-->Partying with the NYPD in NYC
-> Panning gold & driving on the left hand side of the road in Australia
-> ATV accident in Alaska
-> TB's NYE Party on the boat in Amsterdam
-> Luge & Skyride in Singapore
-> Driving a stickshift truck at the border of Mexico & Arizona, and the border patrol ate my dust when I was trying to stop :-D (sorry Mr. Officer!)
--> Fetched by a private plane to go sailing in Maryland
--> Desert Safari and adventurous dune driving in Dubai
--> Ziplining in Rio De Janiero
--> Being interviewed by Swiss newscaster regarding festival in Luzern
--> Hiking in a foggy & amazing Pacaya Volcano in Guatemala
Profile
Born to TRAVEL, force to WORK. Friends think I am a "party animal" but really, I work alot too...Its just not obvious because I don't complain.Travbuddy is what I call FAMILY away from home. Being in a foreign country is a bit intimidating but when you know some TBers- its twice the fun. Like you, I also enjoy traveling to distant lands, explore different cultures, food, learn new languages, meeting new people, and do local things. I'm full of energy, have an insatiable curiousity, and love doing things on the spur of the moment! I am very easygoing, and I can party sober ;-D. I value kindness, respect, and sincerity. Always hungry for knowledge. Communicating with positive attitude people is such a great treat for me. And ofcourse, I LOVE photographs!
Travelbuddys says:
Mist you in BP!!!

D&J
Posted on: Jan 12, 2018
nolan says:
No worries - any planned trips for 2018? I'm likely to return to the USA twice next year.
Posted on: Dec 26, 2017
nolan says:
Oh, I'm in LA right now. Which part of town are you at?

PM me if you have time. Cheers
Posted on: Nov 22, 2017

margie_adventure's Travel Blogs

Work to Party :-)
Feb 18, 2017 – Dec 22, 2017
Work in Los Angeles, live in Arizona, and party in Philadelphia. Some random places in USA. If you are in the area! Don't hesit…
Overview 0 words 24 0 9
Iceland, Icecold!
Aug 29, 2015 – May 21, 2017
From hiking in a volcano crater, to seeing lots of amazing waterfalls. Geysers, pony petting, relaxing all day at Blue lagoon. …
Overview 0 words 280 6 509
Nicaragua Escape
Sep 24, 2014 – Feb 04, 2015
Hiking in Masaya Volcano with the mountaineer girl from Turkey, Riding in the truck with loads of park rangers and sharing my s…
Overview 910 words 203 8 233