TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 501,560 travelers just like you!

mackalina04

Name: Mackie
Hometown: London, Canada
Location: London, Canada
Join Date: June 16, 2007
Contributions: mackalina04 has written about 8 places, shared 57 photos, left 81 comments, and smiled 19 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Namibia
dream destination
Have heard this is a country not to miss in Africa~!
Paris, France
dream destination
I need to brush up on my French and have wine, cheese and bread everyday! They have the best Patisseries!
Budapest, Hungary
dream destination
My Papa (Grandpa) was born in Hungary and I have always wanted to live here!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, simple Japanese, simple Greek, simple French, simple Spanish, working on simple Turkish
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Driving around Xios Island, Greece and the west coast of Turkey with my Mom.
Cruising just off the coast of Gibraltar I saw about 80 dolphins off the bow of the ship; you could see dolphins as far as the eye could see!
Ice Bar in Sweden with my parents.
Northern Lights in Sachigo Lake, Ontario.
Bears off the chairlift in Whistler, B.C. and the grizzly that ran out in front of our car at night!
The only moose I ever saw up close in Dryden, Ontario. Little Italy on Mykonos Island.
Hiking through the mountains in my small town of Takeo, Japan.
Snorkeling in Bermuda and seeing my first family of squid all lined up in a row!
Living in Montreal for 4 years, gorgeous snow but cold!
Cooking class at Baan Thai Cooking School in Changmai, Thailand.
Ao Nang beach, Chicken Island and Ko Phi Phi Island vacation with my mom in Thailand backpacking.
Seeing Parrot Fish in Bermuda while snorkeling. They were bigger than me!
Finding my first iridescent squid in Grand Cayman and following it around for a while, then realizing, wait a minute, they ink right?
Seeing a spotted eagle ray from the 2nd story of a boat on Rum Point Beach in Grand Cayman Island.
Guilin boat trip down Li Lake in China.
Yangtze river cruise in China.
Climbing Jinshanling and Simatai sections of the Great Wall of China together with my best friend and her sister and not being able to walk the next day! I cant believe people race there for a marathon!
Eating pizza that melts in your mouth at Poivre Noir, Naples.
Saving baby turtles and setting them free at night in Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka.
Driving over massive sand dunes and camping overnight in a Bedouin tent in the Inland Sea, Qatar.
Staying on a junk boat overnight in Halong Bay, Vietnam.
Waterpark days in Acapulco, Mexico.
Hiking in Juneau, Alaska with it snowing on the top of the mountains in May!
Sailing across the Trans-Atlantic on the cruise ship and looking at the ocean which was so calm, it looked like glass.

Profile
I love traveling and would love to travel to Namibia, Africa at some point in time...I worked for Celebrity Cruise Lines for 4 years, and lived in Japan for 2 working for the Japanese Embassy. I have also worked in Grand Cayman, Tianjin, China, Doha, Qatar and now Izmir, Turkey as an international teacher. I am loving exploring Turkey and I will finally be able to go to Chios, one of my dream destinations!
Vlindeke says:
Thanks for your smile on my 'Kandy lake' photo ;)
Have a great time in Sri Lanka! I loved it.
Posted on: Mar 30, 2012
aziz-jsn says:
Hi Mackie, how do you find Qatar? and Wakrah ?
Posted on: Nov 01, 2011
mikethepizzadude says:
Hey Mackie!
You should definitely check out the Ice Festival in Harbin when you get a chance. "Officially" it is open for one month, but it is always dependent on the weather. We just went last week, Feb 14th, and it was fine. Although the prices keep going up, haha. If you have a student card, you'll get in for half price.
Hope you're enjoying Tianjin :)
Posted on: Feb 22, 2011

mackalina04's Travel Blogs

Living in Qatar
May 19, 2012
There is a lot more to do here than hang out at the massive malls and it is truely a unique place to live.
Overview 750 words 47 1 13
Living in the Caymans
Jan 29, 2008 – Nov 28, 2009
GC is a gorgeous, small island with long beaches, tons of ocean life to discover diving or snorkling and the Island is full of …
Overview 589 words 5 7 24

mackalina04's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Nightlife & Entertainment" in London, Canada
This is one of my favourite bars in my city because you come as you are, and can be yourself. T…