TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 694,353 travelers just like you!

londonstudent
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster I

Name: John
Hometown: London, England, UK
Join Date: August 18, 2006
Contributions: londonstudent has written about 57 places, shared 617 photos, left 1,585 comments, and smiled 2,868 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Countries I've Traveled To
Interests
Most Memorable Travel Experience
All my major travel experiences have been memorable, and I really wouldn't elevate one above the others. But one was certainly the most unusual, in terms of the unlikeliness of the destination. Several years ago, while studying in London, I struck up a serendipitous friendship with another student, who happened to hail from Kyrgyzstan. After she returned home we kept in touch by email, and in 2005 she invited me to stay with her family for a holiday.

So although I've never thought of myself as much of a traveller, there I was, the envy of my friends, on an Aeroflot flight heading for a country that few people have even heard of, let alone visited! (I know that this doesn't apply to you, but just in case it has slipped your mind for an instant, Kyrgyzstan is a former Soviet Republic in Central Asia, on the same latitude as Rome and sharing a border with China. And, rather importantly, it isn't Kazakhstan.)

I could hardly believe that little old me was actually there - it was a wonderful experience!
Profile
I'm a comparatively recent convert to the joys of travelling; I felt too keenly the irrationality of entrusting oneself to a metal tube travelling at 500 mph six miles up in the air with no visible means of support, which only reinforced my natural tendency to stay at home. So no one could be more surprised than I am to find myself at a site like this.

What converted me was going back to university for a further degree and meeting so many people from such diverse backgrounds. Some of them became my friends and suggested that I visit them. Having no commitments, the only obstacle was a disinclination to fly, which I was talked out of one night in the pub; and two days later, I was on a plane to Nimes and loving it.

Since then invitations from kind friends have taken me to France and The Netherlands (several times each), Italy, Germany, the USA (twice), Greece (four times) and, perhaps most surprisingly, Kyrgyzstan. And I've come to love airline food!
dieforu says:
im fine,file mou:)surviving here,u know the situation i guess from Stella,hehe:).Glad u made it here New Year time,here lately is like spring weather even today is bit colder,but we have early sprng for sure,nothing reminds is winter:)Berlin was great ,beautiful city,yeap worths to visit it:)WIsh u great week my friend and keep in touch:)
Posted on: Feb 10, 2013
dieforu says:
hey John ,how is going?long time:)thanks lot fro smiles and comment:)
Posted on: Jan 23, 2013
tj1777 says:
you welcome John have a great Christmas and new year
Posted on: Dec 02, 2012

londonstudent's Travel Blogs

Waterland Meet-up May 2010
May 14, 2010 – May 16, 2010
This was a weekend meet-up organised by Keiko (KeikoCreative) to explore some of the towns and villages in the Waterland area o…
Overview 1,033 words 53 36 128
Friesland Meet-Up, August 2009
Aug 07, 2009 – Aug 09, 2009
A follow-up to last year's highly successful meet-up in Friesland, again organised by Wendy and Rowena. This year's activities …
Overview 3,198 words 94 25 60
Leiden Meet-Up August 2008
Aug 29, 2008
An account of a long weekend spent in Leiden at the meet-up organised by Anna (Dolfijn) on 30th and 31st August 2008. This incl…
Overview 1,412 words 28 21 56

londonstudent's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Komotini, Greece
The Orpheus is either the best or the worst placed hotel in Komotini, depending on whether you l…
Cheap "Sights & Attractions" in York, England, UK
If you already know and are interested in what a tank engine is, or what 2-4-0 signifies, or wha…
Expensive "Sights & Attractions" in London, England, UK
Oh dear, I had so hoped to be able to write a positive review of this Museum. But no. It deal…