TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 540,896 travelers just like you!

kre0123
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy Happy

Name: Krysta
Hometown: Gilbert, Arizona, USA
Location: Mesa, Arizona, USA
Join Date: June 11, 2007
Contributions: kre0123 has written about 19 places, shared 612 photos, left 249 comments, and smiled 243 times.
Travel Plans
Cusco, Peru
Caribbean
New Zealand
» see all 23 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English and a bit of broken spanish
Interests
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
I think one of my favorite memories was when my sisters and I where in Kauai. We found this pathway down a mountain side to a waterfall. I use the word "pathway" loosely, more like a break in the branches that if you where not looking you would definetly miss. My oldest sister was not keen on the idea so she decided to stay at the top and take pics from the rental.
During our half mile or so decent down this truncated steep trail we heard a rustling off in the distance. We looked at the same time but the jungle was too dense to really see anything. We paid no attention to the odd noise and continued to make our decent to the waterfront. Once we were about 100 feet or so away from the water the noise shows it self in the form of a wild pig...or something of the sort. I don't think that it saw us, for it was probably just getting a drink or something, but we were not about to hang out and see. We turned around and ran as fast as we could up this catwalk like trail to find salvation at our rental car, where our sister was waiting patiently at the top of the mountain. I don’t know if I have ever been so out of breath in my life. I guess that the sign "Danger. Keep Out" really means what it says and maybe just maybe with age does come some wisdom. We were still laughing the entire way!
Once we got back to the airport to catch our hop back to Oahu we were telling the baggage checker about our adventure. He informed us that this was a common occurrence and was very dangerous to run into one of these in the wild. What a day!!!
Hummingbird says:
Happy Birthday from the central valley of California!!! I hope your day is as sweet as nectar and all your wishes come true! :)
X_Drive says:
Happy Birthday!! I hope you are growing up really slowly. Enjoy your chocolate cake and laughter with as many friends as you can. Dream big and I hope all your wishes come true!! :D
Chokk says:
Happy Birthday :)

kre0123's Travel Blogs

Apr 03, 2009 – Apr 13, 2009
I shopped in an open air market, swam on a private beach, hiked through the jungle, climbed an amazing waterfall, and snorkeled…
Overview 3,533 words 430 50 168
This blog was featured on Thursday July 2nd, 2009
Saint Louis with Kami
Sep 12, 2008 – Sep 14, 2008
I am going to Saint Louis to see my best friend Kami. We have been apart for the last 4 months and I am so excited to see her a…
Overview 316 words 58 2 8
Hawaii
Apr 23, 2007 – Apr 24, 2007
My sisters and I took our annual "sisters trip" to Oahu, Hawaii this year. We had such an amazing time!
Overview 0 words 77 40 116

kre0123's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
If you live in or around Phoenix Flagstaff's Snowbowl is a fun place to go snowboarding or skyin…
Cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Yuma, Arizona, USA
I have been riding quads for a long time and I love everything about it! You can go as fast as y…
Expensive "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Ahwatukee, Arizona, USA
The Melting Pot is a lot of fun. It is a bit expensive but well worth it. Everything is served f…