koolhaus

132 Queens Quay East, Toronto, Canada

koolhaus Toronto Reviews

heatherem heatherem
Toronto club/concert venue well visited Aug 10, 2011
I myself enjoy the smaller venues for shows, but being a club as well as a concert venue, the place was obviously a bit larger. I wasn't drinking at this show so unfortunately I can't say how expensive their drinks are but I imagine it wouldn't differ too much. I went to see Jimmy Eat World, and ended up falling in love with the opening band, We Were Promised Jetpacks. It was a tough call as to who put on a better show, but it was nice because when JEW was on, We Were Promised Jetpacks came out to the side of the stage to watch them. It's a cool thing to see up and coming bands still admiring the headlining bands as if they had come to be a part of the audience as opposed to playing the show. I hope to see We Were Promised Jetpacks headlining their own tour soon, they deserve it. But more to the venue, being short I usually have to be one of the first few to arrive, which means lots of waiting in line. I didn't for this show, but still managed to snag an alright view (I think people feel bad for me and my height at shows, they're always pushing me ahead of them!), and the sound was great - although I was standing in front of a speaker (I really don't think there is any other way to enjoy a show, being at the front at the speakers you really feel the music inside of you, I myself get distracted if I'm not close). It was easy to walk to at night time from Union, but I'm sure not everyone would be comfortable walking down Queen's Quay at night time. This isn't a place I'd normally attend for a night out, but for a concert venue it was an alright place. Hope to test it out a second time to be able to write a better review for you guys.

Check Toronto Hotel Deals