konyalilar

Dokuma, Antalya, Turkey

konyalilar Antalya Reviews

dahling dahling
Authentic Turkish Cuisine Sep 01, 2011
I have been going to the Konyalilar since it has opened in 1987 - unfortunately for me, it has become very, very popular and it is usually very crowded.

However, the food is of equal value, only it has become expensive and I find the service poor - It is more like a fast food place, as they want you in and out quickly - and this hussle ruins the atmosphere a bit - However, if you go on a time where it is not typical to eat, during the week on an off time - you will get food and enjoy the nice green that you can see sitting outside.

I recommend to try the Etli Ekmek - it is a typical Konya specialty, something like a Pide only three times as long. The Ayran is also very good in this place and homemade !!

I have tried numerous thing over the years and they are all good. However, yesterday was the first time we were asked if we want a salad - so I assume this is now not free anymore either?? .... I am greatly confused on how they run these things. Last months if you ordered a meal, they served you those long fresh baked breads with some appetizers and a salad... yesterday, we got two dishes of appetizers (usually it was four) no bread, no salad. The service was horrible. We had to ask for our drinks 4 times. But, it was second day of Ramadan, so maybe they were just overworked.
Künefe - very, very sweet, but ve…
From the street
Rotisserie chicken also available
dahling says:
@Spocklogic - you are correct - I gave four stars, because I thought it was because it was a Ramadan night and I think they were just overworked. Also, the food is fantastic and not too expensive compared to other places. How, can I say this... it is a nice place to eat - just when it is full, let's just say people here see food as just this - eat and go....
Posted on: Sep 03, 2011
spocklogic says:
Seems you have mixed feelings. There is good and bad in variable ways it seems, but you give it 4 stars. I would have thought 3 stars from what you wrote, but maybe you give an extra star for nostalgia? : )
Posted on: Sep 02, 2011
fransglobal says:
Homemade ayran sounds good.
Posted on: Sep 01, 2011