TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 679,297 travelers just like you!

khalilamod
Award: Happy Happy Happy

Name: Khalil
Hometown: Cape Town, South Africa
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Join Date: November 24, 2012
Contributions: khalilamod has shared 38 photos, left 14,603 comments, and smiled 13,489 times.
Travel Plans
Indonesia
Jul 27, 2017 – Oct 25, 2018
Will be staying in Surabaya and doing a lecture series at the university. Also touring Bali and surrounding islands. Will also make trips to Malaysia and Singapore from here.
Thailand
Nov 6, 2017 – Nov 20, 2017
Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya.
Philippines Boracay island, Philippines
Nov 20, 2017 – Dec 6, 2017
Manila for 1 week, thereafter island hopping and Palawan, El Nido and other places.
» see all 4 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Afrikaans, Hindi
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
North Africa and India
Profile
Producer of documentaries and travel programs for television. Actively involved in exploring and discovering new and interesting places. Love adventures and meeting people of different cultures, traditions and religions. Also very socially involved and volunteer in many community and educational programs.

I live in Cape Town, which is a very vibrant and wonderful city. I am currently doing historical research, and will soon be leaving to South East Asia to continue work in those countries. Some of the places I am likely to visit are, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines and some of the surrounding islands. I have travelled in North India, and wish to do South India soon.

I am still energetic and do backpacking, hiking and pitch up an overnight tent when required. I love nature and the natural beauty of countries.

Anyone daring and adventurous to join ...?

lets chat....
cimtech says:
HI Khalil, thank you for the message. I understand your upcoming trip to Indonesia, so don’t worry if you are not in town. I was just wondering if you are available we could have plan a meet up. I am still planning things I like to do in Cape Town. If I need any suggestion in that regard I will get back to you. Appreciate your help.
Best regards,
Hasan
Posted on: Jul 12, 2017
cimtech says:
Hi Khalil, how are you? Are you going to be in Cape Town between Oct 10 - 13. I am heading that way for 3 days. Happy Travel and have a great weekend. Hasan
Posted on: Jul 08, 2017
jendara says:
You are welcome my friend:)
Have a great week!!
Posted on: May 14, 2017

khalilamod's Travel Blogs

Kruger National Park 2013
Dec 16, 2013
A day trip to the Kruger National Park December 2013.
Overview 0 words 14 18 99
Tshwane, South Africa, March 2013
Mar 08, 2013
A Government set up National Consultative Commission for the Cultural, Religious and Linguistic Rights in South Africa. Delegat…
Overview 0 words 19 9 37