TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,280 travelers just like you!

jumpingnorman
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Norman
Hometown: Manila, Philippines
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Join Date: August 24, 2014
Contributions: jumpingnorman has written about 54 places, shared 968 photos, left 643 comments, and smiled 765 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Filipino (Tagalog), Spanish
Most Memorable Travel Experience
1. Jumping with the MOAI statues on Easter Island
2. Going all alone to Hong Kong as a teenage tourist (first solo)
3. Walking on a glacier in Alaska after a helicopter ride
4. Almost drowning at Baby Beach in Aruba while with twins and wife on a mini-island offshore
5. Almost getting kidnapped in Egypt by a camel
6. Losing my voice completely for 2-3 days with acute laryngitis while alone in Croatia
7. Walking from the airport to the town of Kulusuk, Greenland
8. Spending my birthdays in Brazil 3x!
9. Getting lost in Japan with my sister in Tokyo, Japan
10. Escaping a mugging in Bucharest, Romania and hiring a very nice 60 year old bodyguard and driver for each day I was there from then on
11. falling into water beside Little Mermaid in Copenhagen
12. Getting salt water (a painful experience) into my eyes while at the Dead Sea, Israel
13. As a physician, I have had encounters where I had to offer my medical skills, making the traveling even more memorable (Japanese having a heart attack in plane and had to land in Hawaii, Frenchman having seizure attack in minivan tour in Morocco, psychiatric patient in first class having anxiety attack during flight over the Pacific...and so on)

...and many many more and will add as I think about them....haha
Profile
Thanks for reading my Profile :) I believe in positive thinking and enjoying life to the fullest and being kind to everyone on this wonderful planet :) There are so many more places I would love to see and I enjoy taking pictures of myself "jumping" in these beautiful locations :) I have a loving wife and wonderful twins - we love traveling together and sometimes I also like traveling on my own :)
odiseya says:
Nice to see you here too!
Posted on: Feb 11, 2017
Darfsteller says:
I am VT member for few years. Not very active to post the travels, but enjoy to read about places on VT and TravBuddy since I become members of these sites. I see forum list of VT members on TravBuddy, so say hello!

Please send me friend invite if you like to. I look forward to read your travels here. Regards, ~Das
Posted on: Jan 17, 2017
spocklogic says:
With Christmas just a week away, thought I would take time to wish you Happy Holidays!

Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
And a Happy New Year 2017
•˚ *★...~ ~˚ *★ ˚ *★
Posted on: Dec 17, 2016

jumpingnorman's Travel Blogs

FAMILY VACATION IN ICELAND!
Jun 10, 2015 – Jul 16, 2015
We brought our JumpingFamily this Summer 2015 to Iceland, so that our 11 year old JumpingTwins can visit their 20th country! Co…
Overview 517 words 26 15 112
Sep 08, 2014 – Sep 17, 2014
My lovely wife and I decided to leave our 10-year old JumpingTwins and have fun in Europe on our own, haha...It was my birthday…
Overview 2,421 words 92 40 269
This blog was featured on Friday September 26th, 2014
Bringing our 9-year old twins to Spain, Switzerland and Portugal
Jun 03, 2013 – Sep 06, 2014
We love traveling with our twins and we wanted them to see the beauty of the Alps. So, in the summer of 2013, we headed for the…
Overview 923 words 134 4 50

jumpingnorman's Travel Reviews

Ridiculously Expensive "Sights & Attractions" in Reykjavik, Iceland
HERE IS the newest glacial tour of Iceland called "INTO THE GLACIER" which debuted this June 1, …
This review was featured on Saturday July 18th, 2015
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in El Segundo, California, USA
With young 10 yo twins, we need big rooms so we don't feel confined, and so I trust Embassy Suit…
This review was featured on Sunday October 5th, 2014
Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Phoenix, Arizona, USA
During the summer months, we do "staycations" here in Arizona where we just "stay" in hotels nea…