TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 674,706 travelers just like you!

joseph98
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Joe
Hometown: Bridgend, Wales, UK
Location: London, England, UK
Website: www.globetrotterjoe.com/
Join Date: September 7, 2008
Contributions: joseph98 has written about 210 places, shared 4,380 photos, left 3,799 comments, and smiled 5,640 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Mongolia
Jul 9, 2017 – Aug 4, 2017
Looking in to doing my first volunteering stint overseas for some time, and this unique country seems like a great place to do it.
Bolivia
dream destination
For the salt flats!
Papua New Guinea
dream destination
Angling for a trip here in 2018!
» see all 16 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English and insignificant amounts of Spanish, French and Welsh
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
* Building and opening a library for a Tanzania school with 14 teenage girls from the school I work at in London - a project that was two years in the making!

* Teaching a class of 60 Ugandan school kids to sing 'Yellow Submarine'

* Hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia, Turkey

* Sunsets at Santorini (Greece), Lake Bohinj (Slovenia) and Goreme (Turkey)

* Rescuing a baby's milk bottle from a crocodile-infested lake in Australia's Kakadu National Park

* Sleeping under the stars of India's Great Thar Desert...and getting thrown off a camel enroute!

* Last post ceremony at Menin Gate, Ypres

* Making it to the top of Mt Kilimanjaro

* Sitting in a pool at the top of Victoria Falls

* First overseas TB meetup in the Philippines!

* Machu Picchu - simply the most magnificent ruin I have ever seen
Profile
Joined in 2008, but life got in the way of travelling for a while and I only started being a regular on here in the latter half of 2013!

I'm fortunate enough to be fairly well traveled, having set foot in every continent bar Antarctica. I aim to travel overseas at least twice a year, and am gradually working my way down the old bucket list...

You can read more about my travels at my website: http://www.globetrotterjoe.com/. Thanks :-)
EmEm says:
Feliz Cumpleaños Joe:)
Posted on: Jun 22, 2017

joseph98's Travel Blogs

Mar 31, 2017 – Apr 15, 2017
Two and a bit weeks in Peru with a fellow Travbuddy, checking out Arequipa/The Colca Canyon, Puno/Lake Titicaca, Cusco/The Sacr…
Overview 7,680 words 331 255 887
This blog was featured on Tuesday April 25th, 2017
Feb 10, 2017 – Feb 16, 2017
A week-long School trip to the land of ice and fire. Features glaciers, lagoons, waterfalls and...the Northern Lights!
Overview 4,240 words 162 83 220
This blog was featured on Tuesday February 21st, 2017
Oct 24, 2016 – Nov 02, 2016
A mini-break to the Emerald Isle capital and an oft-overlooked county in South West England.
Overview 4,220 words 395 37 163
This blog was featured on Monday November 7th, 2016

joseph98's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Lima, Peru
We’d originally booked to stay in the same place we’d crashed at for our first night in Lima…
Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Cusco, Peru
So ubiquitous is this chain of hotels that Cusco alone has got three branches of them! We’d…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Puno, Peru
The first of two hotels in this chain that we stayed at – the other being at Cusco – this wa…