TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,078 travelers just like you!

joehess

Name: Joe
Hometown: San Francisco, California, USA
Location: Manhattan Beach, California, USA
Join Date: July 9, 2007
Contributions: joehess has written about 7 places, shared 5 photos, left 8 comments.
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Spanglish (working on it for my next trip to Central/ South America) hopefully I can move from Spangligh to Spanish shortly!! ha ha
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Roasting marshmallows over a moving lava flow 2 hours outside of Antigua, Guatemala... no wait, swimming at the end of an old 200' pier at sunset in Belize... and sooooo many more to come!!
Profile
I was originally born in San Francisco, CA and mostly grew up just south of the city near Silicon Valley. I went to The University of Colorado @ Boulder and decided to move back to Nor Cal when I finished. Currently, I work in development for a childcare company (ages 0-5). We build and operate childcare centers for large company's, hospitals, university's, the government, etc. we build sustainably and run our centers very eco-friendly.

But all I really want to do is travel... I have been to a lot of great places but there is SO much more of the world to see! I've been a certified diver for over 10 yrs and try and dive where ever I go! My most recent (international) diving trip was to The Bay Islands (Utilia), Honduras - I HIGHLY recommend it! Just last week I was down in San Diego diving a sunked battle ship that is 330 feet (110m) long! So amazing!!

I really enjoy enjoy meeting new people - hanging out, trading stories, etc. for all of you that are coming to California (I was living in San Francisco but recently decided to give Manhattan Beach a shot) it's SO fun. I live 2 blocks from the beach and love it, feel free to send me a message before you come and I will give you some good local tips about where to go and what to see.

Hummingbird says:
Happy Birthday from the central valley of California!!! I hope your day is as sweet as nectar and all your wishes come true! :)
Posted on: Mar 10, 2014
teish89 says:
hey man,
my mates and i are going to be in cali from november(i know its a fair while away, but we must start planning!) starting in LA and working our way up to san fran, then flying to vegas, san diego then spending new years in NY.
any tips/good places along the west coast to visit?
:D
Posted on: May 01, 2013
Hummingbird says:
Posted on: Mar 10, 2013

joehess's Travel Blogs

Joe and Lisas 2 week Guatemala and Honduras Advetnure
Jul 07, 2007 – Jul 26, 2007
Lisa and I decided that we needed to take another trip... we loved Belize (January 2006) so much and met tons of people who had…
Overview 3,398 words 1 7 5