TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 694,180 travelers just like you!

jamartin39
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster I

Name: Jackie
Hometown: Tewksbury, Massachusetts, USA
Location: Stockton Springs, Maine, USA
Website: www.facebook.com/profile.php?…
Join Date: February 21, 2008
Contributions: jamartin39 has written about 326 places, shared 10,141 photos, left 2,670 comments, and smiled 2,652 times.
Travel Plans
dream destination
» see all 64 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Nothing fluently Im trying to learn Spanish, German, French, Russian, Sign Language, and Latin I do know a couple words and phrases from each Im better with the Latin though. If I could I would learn them all
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Howes Caverns NY just about everything that could have gone wrong on that trip did we got sick lost and rained out of our tent but we still managed to have a good time The caves were awesome we also visited the Baseball Hall of fame and being a fan of the game and a fan of bats (the animals) It was good trip we still talk about it to this day
Profile
I want to experience everything possible in the world. Food, languages, cultures I mean everything from the most colorful fish to the darkest caves (I like bats).

I like paranormal stuff like haunted places and such they always interest me. Wierd places as well Im a big fan of the wierd US series books or roadside amaerica. I can be in Barnes and Noble for hours looking at all the diffrent books.

I was born and raised in New England just north of Boston MA. I love Boston and Ill never get sick of going back. I also lived south of Boston for awhile and also in New Hampshire for a couple years before moving to Maine and then Joining the Marine Corps.

I am a USMC vet once a Marine always a Marine! I am very proud of that if I could still serve I would. I loved being in the Corps and being around a variety of different people that and I really enjoyed firing my rifle. I met some awesome people while in the Corps and I will never forget any of them.

Im going to explore all 50 states. I have been to 31 but I still want to go back and see some more of the ones I have already seen.

I love going on Little day trips! I mean who says you have to spend alot of money people just need to get out and see what is around them. All you need is a camera and a destination.
huibdos says:
Posted on: Feb 23, 2015

jamartin39's Travel Blogs

Mexico 2015
Oct 16, 2015 – Oct 22, 2015
A week on the Mayan Riviera. Snorkeling, lounging, booze, hiking...what's not to love? My goal is to explore as much as I can …
Overview 325 words 0 0 0
Summer of Fun 2015
Jun 25, 2015 – Jun 29, 2015
The longest vacation I've ever taken
Overview 0 words 0 0 0
Aug 16, 2007 – Dec 09, 2014
A blog about my trips from around Maine to show my support for Back Yard Tourism
Overview 9,617 words 1,362 39 131
This blog was featured on Friday December 23rd, 2011

jamartin39's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Our group was scheduled for a mid morning cajun cooking lesson at the NOLA school of cooking. …
Free! "Hotels & Accommodations" in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
On all my trips to NOLA, I have missed out of visiting the Old US Mint. I had no idea that it…
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Our travel agent found this wine tasting bar and in between activities we stopped by and gave it…