is Buenos Aires safe?

Buenos Aires, Argentina

is Buenos Aires safe? Reviews

sylscay sylscay
Is Buenos Aires safe? Mar 17, 2011
Before I went to Argentina I was a little concerned with safety. South America is perceived as somewhat not as safe as North America.

Buenos Aires is a safe city. There are bad neighborhoods like everywhere else, but the chances are you will never go there or if you do, you will during the day. You have to be careful like in any major city in North America or elsewhere but I feel that issue of Argentina as being unsafe is greatly exaggerated. I was watching my purse all the time, but I would do the same in Napoli or Rome or elsewhere in Europe. The people are friendly, helpful and honest, and at the end of my 10th day in Buenos Aires I felt silly and ashamed about my earlier perceptions. Recoletta, Barrio Norte, Puerto Madero, Microcentro are very safe, La Boca is not so much, but if you go to Caminito for the market during the day, you will be fine even if you are carrying your fancy camera and you look extra touristy.

Related Travel Blogs About is Buenos Aires safe?

Arriving in the
        After a long 10+ hour flight, Luqman and I arrived in Buenos Aires, early Friday morning. Customs and immigration were very pleasant and fast. Thankfully ou…Buenos Aires safely and we proceeded to take a car to our apartment in town.         The cab driver…
Distraction Robbery
We haven't been doing anything in Buenos Aires except eating and sleeping (it has been a boring four days).  My uncle is too damn old and lazy to do anything (besides eating, shitting and sleepi…Buenos Aires and best of all, staying safe in Buenos Aires.  Distraction robbery really got my attention…

Check Buenos Aires Hotel Deals