TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 686,346 travelers just like you!

irenem
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Irene
Hometown: Clydebank, Scotland, UK
Location: Hong Kong
Join Date: January 21, 2017
Contributions: irenem has written about 159 places, shared 655 photos, left 300 comments, and smiled 324 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Namibia
dream destination
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Visiting Tasmania in the middle of autumn when the trees were an amazing array of different colours.

Visiting Japan when the trees were laden down with spring blossoms.

Swimming next to the remains of an Ancient Greek city from a beach where you can still find shards of ancient pottery in Salamis, Cyprus.
Profile
I am from Scotland originally, but now live and work in Hong Kong where I teach in a primary school. I have also lived and worked in Austria, Malta, Finland, Poland, Turkey and Turkish Cyprus.
planxty says:
Hello again.

I tried the WAG on this site but it died on it's feet after a couple of days a) because of the way the forums are set up here and b) because there just seemed to be no interest.

Like VT, where there was a response literally every few minutes and indeed sometimes so quickly in seconds it used to get confusing with crossposts, Travbuddy is neither set up for it nor does it have the active membership. Tragic certainly, but that is the way it is and I am trying to adapt my "style" (if I could ever be said to have a style) to TravBuddy now.

I fear that the despicable scum called kaufer (I still refuse to recognise him as human by capitalising his name) has murdered that along with everything else that was so brilliant about VT. It is a long road that has no turning, kaufer.
Posted on: Sep 11, 2017
planxty says:
Hello again, Irene,

yes, VT was an awful lot of work and I was still so far behind when they murdered it (I use the word advisedly) but I still really wish I had it back. It was my life and they took it away from me and that is not intended to be a melodramatic comment, it is a statement of fact.
Posted on: Sep 09, 2017
Maurizioago says:
Thank You....very belated.

I hope you are ok!
Posted on: Jul 04, 2017

irenem's Travel Blogs

Boston
Sep 18, 2017
Boston is the capitol of Massachusetts. It is a friendly city with a lot of interesting Historical sights, most of them associa…
Overview 568 words 16 0 1
New York
Sep 09, 2017
We went to New York for the first time in July 2017. We had six full days there. It was an enjoyable trip, but New York has so …
Overview 795 words 17 0 23
Macau
Mar 27, 2017 – May 20, 2017
Macau is very close to Hong Kong, where I live - only an hour away by ferry - so I visit it frequently. When I first visited, i…
Overview 0 words 39 11 78

irenem's Travel Reviews

Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Coloane, Macau
We stayed in the Grand Coloane, Macau for one night. We got there by taking their free shuttle f…
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Glasgow, Scotland, UK
On the hill behind Glasgow Cathedral stands the Necropolis - Glasgow's city of the dead. This la…
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Glasgow, Scotland, UK
While the area around Glasgow Cathedral is correctly thought of as the historic heart of Glasgow…
Updated 2 days ago