TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 699,496 travelers just like you!

ilovenewjersey
Award: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Romel
Hometown: Philippines
Location: New Jersey, USA
Join Date: April 2, 2015
Contributions: ilovenewjersey has written about 44 places, shared 1,550 photos, left 518 comments, and smiled 2,889 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
dream destination
Bhutan
» see all 6 future travel and dream destinations
Languages Spoken
English, Tagalog, some Spanish.
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
A lot! Maybe the Balloon ride in Kopadoccia, Turkey...I did it twice. Gondola ride in Venice, Beach in Boracay, Philippines and Cancun, Swiss alps, Papal audience with Pope Benedict in Vatican City, and many more.
Profile
Now that I have quit my full time job, I've been traveling extensively in the past (2) years, getting breaks in between trips and working per-diem hours as much as can to save for my next trip. I'll probably go back to working full time hours when I'll get tired of traveling... :-)

Life is short. I believe in enjoying, living safely, and making the most out of life. It doesn't have to be traveling. Some people/family/friends I know would love to stay home and do some gardening, or shop, or eat...or do whatever makes them happy. But for me, my concept of happiness is exploring the world and learning new experiences along the way... :-)

All these money, possessions I have in this life....I am NOT taking them with me in the next life, So, why save, and accumulate all these worldly stuff? I think saving some for emergencies should be enough. I have worked all my life, and I believe now is the time to spend them prudently just enough for the dough to last in my golden years... :-)

I have traveled with few Travel Buddies, and if somebody would ask me how my experiences were with fellow TB's...Honestly, it's a mix feeling. I really think it is a Hit or Miss kind-of-thing with whom you're traveling with. So there's really no specific answer to that question... I usually travel with my wife, but I also do a lot of solo traveling, and I would love to meet people who share the same passion as I do...be it a "hit or miss" experience, I think it is still worth the experiences... :-)
cotton_foam says:
Ho, Romel!
What's up? Where is your next destination? :)
Thank you for the smiles and very kind comments on my Coron blog! The son appreciates it!
~ May
Posted on: Jan 30, 2018
vances says:
Thank you, Romel. All my best for a terrific adventure in SA!

:^)
Posted on: Jan 15, 2018
cimtech says:
Hi Romel Thank you for the smiles on my Morocco post! Have a great weekend.
Posted on: Jan 06, 2018

ilovenewjersey's Travel Blogs

A Family Reunion in China November 2017
Nov 12, 2017 – Nov 22, 2017
Traveled to China with my Brothers and Sister, some in-laws, and friends. Visited our Ancestral home(my deceased father)in Xi…
Overview 1,214 words 69 8 30
Coron, Palawan, Philippines November 2017
Nov 09, 2017
Stayed in Coron, Palawan for 4 nights, exploring the islands nearby.
Overview 367 words 29 10 29
Morroco: October 2017
Oct 17, 2017 – Oct 20, 2017
We continued our tour to Morocco after the Pilgrimage. We stayed here for a week, splitting our days between Marrakesh and Ca…
Overview 346 words 42 43 55

ilovenewjersey's Travel Reviews

Free! "Hotels & Accommodations" in Xi'an, China
(+)The location is just steps away from the train station. Minutes away from the Muslim Quarter.…
Free! "Hotels & Accommodations" in Coron, Philippines
(+) Quiet, clean, great staff, you can arrange daily tours with Risa ( guest relations ), very n…
Free! "Hotels & Accommodations" in Bolivia
This hostel is 10 minutes walk to 5 de mayo plaza. Located in a quiet area, about 5 minutes walk…