TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 501,758 travelers just like you!

huibdos
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Huib/Humberto:)
Hometown: Heerewaarden, Netherlands
Location: Heerewaarden, Netherlands
Join Date: May 2, 2009
Contributions: huibdos has written about 245 places, shared 4,745 photos, left 9,784 comments, and smiled 13,071 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
China
Apr 24, 2014 – May 15, 2014
Guided tour by Kras (Dutch touroperator) "The complete China"
Diekirch, Luxembourg
Jun 13, 2014 – Jun 15, 2014
www.marche.lu Walking 20 km on a steep circuit
France, France
Jun 28, 2014 – Jul 13, 2014
La douce France avec notre nouvelle caravane
» see all 5 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Dutch, English and German quite fluently, I understand Afrikaans. For hotel and restaurant use enough French and Spanish, trying to get some fluency in Italian, Portuguese and Romanian. On the wishlist: Swedish, Bahasa Indonesia and Icelandic. (still working on those :)
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Trying to be one with the world. Finding out our world has so many faces.
Profile
Enough free time to visit lovely cities beyond the horizon
bernard69 says:
belated thanks for your TB wishes:)
Posted on: Apr 19, 2014
wandafromtexas says:
Howdy from Texas, Humberto! Because of time and because I want to say this, please excuse its being more like a blog! You can't imagine how much receiving your wonderful birthday greeting. Sorry a little late, but only because of wild travel "Plan G"!! It was an amazing day, leaving my couchsurfing sailboat from Martinique, taking the short flight back to Trinidad to layover (treated myself to a night at the Marriott!), in turn, the staff surprised me with a little cake. But, then, that night and next morning from 0200til0400, I got to view the gorgeous work of Nature --almost all the rose/red LunarEclipse. Thank you for remembering me and know you, like all my special TB friends, have made my life a dream unimaginable.
Posted on: Apr 17, 2014
eefab says:
Dankje Huib! Mijn BOB is t IBIS hotel:-) Je hebt een mooie trip naar China in het vooruitzicht; veel plezier!
Posted on: Apr 15, 2014

huibdos's Travel Blogs

Mar 02, 2014 – Mar 11, 2014
My daughter asked me to take her to Barcelona to see the usual sights. Well she doesn't really need me for that, so we will tr…
Overview 1,749 words 195 18 166
This blog was featured on Saturday March 15th, 2014
Nov 13, 2010 – Feb 05, 2014
Short trips to install and maintain wifi on the park, followed by some sightseeing
Overview 1,818 words 305 32 182
This blog was featured on Sunday September 8th, 2013
Aug 04, 2012 – Sep 15, 2013
Fourth tour along whisky distilleries, this time Islay and Jura.
Overview 1,441 words 389 20 79
This blog was featured on Thursday November 28th, 2013

huibdos's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Barcelona, Spain
I come here since 2002, but the hotel has changed/is renovated/changed into a modern hotel with …
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Maybole, Scotland, UK
I wouldn't order by telephone, as my English is not that good, but the visit to this restaurant …
Free! "Hotels & Accommodations" in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Big hotel, easily recognisable beacause of the big tower. Valet parking and self park. Self par…