TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 688,927 travelers just like you!

hanleyscot
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Scot
Hometown: Crystal Beach, Florida, USA
Location: Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, USA
Join Date: April 3, 2014
Contributions: hanleyscot has written about 83 places, shared 3,704 photos, left 3,262 comments, and smiled 10,244 times.
Travel Plans
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, USA
dream destination
Sometime in October? Anyone want to meet up?
Savannah, Georgia, USA
dream destination
» see all 43 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, very limited French
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Being in Times Square right after Thanksgiving just as the snow began to fall!

Seeing snow for the first time in Lake Tahoe.

The amazingly friendly people of Boone, North Carolina. And when it began snowing at my cabin.

Yes, I really love snow. haha
Profile
Long story short - After 20+ years in Corporate America, I'm in the process of selling my house, buying a camper/RV and traveling around North America for a while. Also considering heading back to Europe. Don't really have any set plans...I'm just making it up as I go.

Andy99 says:
Thank you for your smiles for my Barney Castle review, Scot! Glad you enjoyed it!
Posted on: Oct 15, 2017
cotton_foam says:
Hey, Scot...thank you much for visiting the photos and blog of the nerve-wracking bus ride to the Amalfi Coast Highway. Have fun and safe road trip to the North-East! Hope to meet you soon! :)
Posted on: Oct 15, 2017
Bojasem says:
I hope you are well to.

Happy weekend
Posted on: Oct 13, 2017

hanleyscot's Travel Blogs

Mar 30, 2015 – May 12, 2015
Traveling around Europe has been a life long dream for me. I am now taking advantage of the opportunity that has arisen!
Overview 26,545 words 2,166 484 2,006
This blog was featured on Friday May 1st, 2015
Oct 25, 2014 – Nov 30, 2014
This was my first real road trip. Places visited included: Reno, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Portland, Astoria, Aberdeen, Forks,…
Overview 10,303 words 738 116 666
This blog was featured on Monday December 1st, 2014
Boone, North Carolina - 2014
Apr 13, 2014
Beautiful place. Beautiful people. Friendliest town I have ever been to.
Overview 0 words 37 14 50

hanleyscot's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Drumnadrochit, Scotland, UK
I took a Jacobite cruise from The Loch Ness Clansman Hotel to The Urquhart Castle site. I wrote …
This review was featured on Thursday August 17th, 2017
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Brackla, Scotland, UK
The Loch Ness Clansman Hotel was one of my favorite hotels that I stayed at in Europe. The staff…
This review was featured on Sunday June 25th, 2017
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
It's listed as authentic Mexican. I don't think I'd go that far. It's closer to Tex Mex. Which i…
Updated 2 days ago