TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 693,636 travelers just like you!

hanleyscot
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Scot
Hometown: Crystal Beach, Florida, USA
Location: Coshocton, Ohio, USA
Join Date: April 3, 2014
Contributions: hanleyscot has written about 84 places, shared 3,715 photos, left 3,289 comments, and smiled 10,422 times.
Travel Plans
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, very limited French
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Being in Times Square right after Thanksgiving just as the snow began to fall!

Seeing snow for the first time in Lake Tahoe.

The amazingly friendly people of Boone, North Carolina. And when it began snowing at my cabin.

Yes, I really love snow. haha
Profile
Long story short - After 20+ years in Corporate America, I'm in the process of selling my house, buying a camper/RV and traveling around North America for a while. Also considering heading back to Europe. Don't really have any set plans...I'm just making it up as I go.

marix_sublime says:
oh wow! living the dream of travelling! I will be heading to Ghana soon, will be celebrating New Year there. I am still based in Nigeria. I am excited cuz this is a first time I will be visiting another West African country. You are now in Ohio?
Posted on: Dec 11, 2017
marix_sublime says:
Thanks Scot! Sorry just seeing all bday messages now. Glad to hear from you? Long time. How are you?
Posted on: Dec 02, 2017
cotton_foam says:
You're very welcome, Scot!!
Yes, definitely -- NE States are the prettiest! :)
Posted on: Nov 04, 2017

hanleyscot's Travel Blogs

Mar 29, 2015 – May 16, 2015
Traveling around Europe has been a life long dream for me. I am now taking advantage of the opportunity that has arisen!
Overview 27,784 words 2,177 515 2,181
This blog was featured on Friday May 1st, 2015
Oct 25, 2014 – Nov 30, 2014
This was my first real road trip. Places visited included: Reno, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Portland, Astoria, Aberdeen, Forks,…
Overview 10,303 words 738 116 666
This blog was featured on Monday December 1st, 2014
Boone, North Carolina - 2014
Apr 13, 2014
Beautiful place. Beautiful people. Friendliest town I have ever been to.
Overview 0 words 37 14 50

hanleyscot's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Drumnadrochit, Scotland, UK
I took a Jacobite cruise from The Loch Ness Clansman Hotel to The Urquhart Castle site. I wrote …
This review was featured on Thursday August 17th, 2017
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Brackla, Scotland, UK
The Loch Ness Clansman Hotel was one of my favorite hotels that I stayed at in Europe. The staff…
This review was featured on Sunday June 25th, 2017
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
It's listed as authentic Mexican. I don't think I'd go that far. It's closer to Tex Mex. Which i…
Updated 13 days ago