TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 667,560 travelers just like you!

halilee
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Hali
Hometown: Swift Current, Canada
Location: Regina, Canada
Join Date: June 28, 2011
Contributions: halilee has written about 344 places, shared 13,678 photos, left 11,769 comments, and smiled 27,632 times.
Travel Plans
Brazil
Mar 28, 2017 – Mar 30, 2017
Rio de Janeiro and Iguazu Falls with TB'ers
Ecuador
Mar 28, 2017 – Mar 30, 2017
Hopefully Galapagos cruise.. will be looking for last minute deals. Flight booked though so will be there!
Australia
Oct 16, 2017 – Oct 30, 2017
Tentative dates
» see all 55 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
2015- BaBe National Park and Ban Gioc waterfall visit in Vietnam.
- huge Bangkok TB meetup in Feb!
- London meetup in April and kissing Karen LOL( aka Mezmerized)

2014- 16 day trek to Everest Base Camp, Gokyo Ri and Chola Pass in Nepal
- Huge Kuala Lumpur TB meetup!

2013- Trekking to Annapurna base camp in Nepal on a 10 day trek with Erik (schaap140) and making new friends along the way!

2014- Hiking in Harau Valley, West Sumatra, Indonesia with TB'er Kanak and swimming in waterfalls and meeting locals along the way. Also paragliding over Lake Maninjau on the same island. Also in Indonesia, snorkelling with Manta Rays at Komodo Islands. My 1st big TB meetup at Bali!!

2013- Observing gorillas and having silverbacks walk within inches of me in Rwanda.

2013- Observing the Great Migration crossing the Mara River into Kenya from the Serengeti. Seeing my first wild lions and cheetahs!

2013- Hiking the Inca Trail in Peru and making a ton of new friends!

2013- Spending a couple days and a night in bedouin tents in wadi Rum in Jordan. Going on a camel ride through the desert. Glimpsing Petra Treasury upon first arrival.

2009- Kayaking Chiaw Laan Lake In Khao Sok National Park in THailand at sunrise ( breathtaking)

2009- Feeding, petting and bathing the elephants in the river at Elephant Nature Park in Thailand

2010- the Narrows Hike in Zion National Park in Utah.

2011- Definately a highlight was hiking 7km along the Great Wall of China, the Jinshaling to Simatai portion.
The plank walk at Tianmenshan Mountain in China and visiting Zhangjiajie.
2013- Hiking Tiger Leaping Gorge with newfound friends in China

2012- Hot Air Ballooning over Cappadocia in Turkey
Visiting the ruins in Turkey, especially Pinara and Ephesus
Having tea sitting alongside a fence with locals who spoke no english in the village of Bezirgan, Turkey

2012- Visiting Meherangarh fort in Jodhpur India. Seeing the tea plantations in Munnar India.
Profile
I am passionate about travel and love travel photography. I own about 180 travel guides & have had one person dub me the crazy travel guide lady, lol. One can dream can't they? I work full time as an RN in NICU.
angeline_elin says:
How's your Antarctica Cruise Vacation?
I see your are travelling to Australia and NZ later this year. Are there travbuddies Meetup becos I am interested to travel vacation there ..
Posted on: Mar 17, 2017
angeline_elin says:
How's ur Antarctica Cruise? I see you're travelling to Australia and NZ later this year ..is T there a Meetup, how's the itinerary like .. I m looking for travbuddies to travel with .. :)
Posted on: Mar 17, 2017
pepe88 says:
Ciao :)
Posted on: Feb 11, 2017

halilee's Travel Blogs

Jun 28, 2016 – Jul 08, 2016
My trip to Norway with Travbuddies, including the Bergen TB meetup.
Overview 1,910 words 350 70 294
Overview 2,611 words 457 16 344
This blog was featured on Tuesday July 19th, 2016

halilee's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Toronto, Canada
Due to a delayed flight, I actually only ended up getting to spend 3.5-4 hours at the hotel but …
Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Oslo, Norway
We spent 2 nights at this hotel. Check in and check out are very simple through an automated mac…
Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Bergen, Norway
We spent 2 nights at this hotel lamb with several friends. the beds and pillows are comfortable…