TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 679,752 travelers just like you!

halilee
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Hali
Hometown: Swift Current, Canada
Location: Regina, Canada
Join Date: June 28, 2011
Contributions: halilee has written about 344 places, shared 13,678 photos, left 11,790 comments, and smiled 27,793 times.
Travel Plans
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Danish ( basic)
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
2017- Antarctica

2016- Greenland

2015- BaBe National Park & Ban Gioc waterfall visit in Vietnam.
- huge Bangkok TB meetup in Feb!
- London meetup in April and kissing Karen(aka Mezmerized)

2014- 16 day trek to Everest Base Camp, Gokyo Ri & Chola Pass in Nepal
- Huge Kuala Lumpur TB meetup!

2013- 10 day Trek to Annapurna base camp in Nepal with Erik (schaap140) & making new friends!

2014- Hiking in Harau Valley, West Sumatra, Indonesia with TB'er Kanak,swimming in waterfalls & meeting locals. Also paragliding over Lake Maninjau on the same island. Also in Indonesia, snorkelling with Manta Rays at Komodo Islands. My 1st big TB meetup at Bali!!

2013- Observing gorillas and having silverbacks walk within inches of me in Rwanda.

2013- Observing the Great Migration crossing the Mara River into Kenya from the Serengeti. Seeing my first wild lions and cheetahs!

2013- Hiking the Inca Trail in Peru and making a ton of new friends!

2013- Spending a couple days and a night in bedouin tents in wadi Rum in Jordan. Camel ride through the desert. Glimpsing Petra Treasury upon first arrival.

2009- Kayaking Chiaw Laan Lake In Khao Sok National Park in THailand at sunrise ( breathtaking)

2009- Feeding, petting and bathing the elephants in the river at Elephant Nature Park in Thailand

2010- the Narrows Hike in Zion National Park in Utah.

2011- Definately a highlight was hiking 7km along the Great Wall of China, the Jinshaling to Simatai portion.
The plank walk at Tianmenshan Mountain in China and visiting Zhangjiajie.
2013- Hiking Tiger Leaping Gorge with newfound friends in China

2012- Hot Air Ballooning over Cappadocia in Turkey
Visiting the ruins in Turkey, especially Pinara and Ephesus
Having tea sitting alongside a fence with locals who spoke no english in the village of Bezirgan, Turkey

2012- Visiting Meherangarh fort in Jodhpur India. Seeing the tea plantations in Munnar India.
Profile
I am passionate about travel and love travel photography. I own about 180 travel guides & have had one person dub me the crazy travel guide lady, lol. One can dream can't they? I work full time as an RN in NICU.
Besandri says:
Where are all your blogs ... stop traveling everywhere and start writing ...!!
Posted on: Jul 16, 2017
skippyed says:
Now I have your dates we can try meetup but shouldn't be a problem.. maybe we can drive to Denmark or Belgium. btw you haven't been to the Falkland Islands!! lol I think you are getting confused with South Shetland Islands which is part of Antarctica territory :-)
Posted on: Jul 05, 2017
fafafooooey says:
Hali, great photos of Machu Picchu! I'm going June 21 and cannot wait. Do you have any travel tips? I'm getting there super early before the crowds and will be hiking Machu Picchu Mountain.
Posted on: May 20, 2017

halilee's Travel Blogs

Jun 28, 2016 – Jul 08, 2016
My trip to Norway with Travbuddies, including the Bergen TB meetup.
Overview 1,910 words 350 70 294
Overview 2,611 words 457 16 344
This blog was featured on Tuesday July 19th, 2016

halilee's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Toronto, Canada
Due to a delayed flight, I actually only ended up getting to spend 3.5-4 hours at the hotel but …
Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Oslo, Norway
We spent 2 nights at this hotel. Check in and check out are very simple through an automated mac…
Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Bergen, Norway
We spent 2 nights at this hotel lamb with several friends. the beds and pillows are comfortable…