TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 528,854 travelers just like you!

goldensand

Name: Sandy
Hometown: Kelowna, Canada
Location: Kelowna, Canada
Join Date: September 3, 2009
Contributions: goldensand has written about 16 places, shared 74 photos, left 27 comments, and smiled 1 time.
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Cruising in the Caribbean. I felt so pampered by the staff and the non stop food and entertainment was incredible. Not to mention it was my first time in the Caribbean and the water, beaches and sea life was so beautiful and amazing.

When I arrived back in Calgary again it was the end of November, cold, dark, and ugly brown (no leaves on the trees or green grass any more). I just wanted to get on the next plane out and stay in the Caribbean for ever.

It is now 25 years later. The kids are grown, I am single again so it is time to get my self back on another cruise ship and experience it all again. I had joined a singles group to go on that trip and I didn't know anyone until I arrived at the ship but it didn't take long before we were all friends.

For me the journey is certainly to see new places but it's the people you meet along the way that really make the trip special.

Profile
My long awaited 3 month trip around Europe will begin April 14, 2012. And I arrived back home the end of August, 2012 have an incredible journey that I can't believe even happened. Some day maybe I will get pictures and stories onto Trav Buddy but right now it is back to work and reality so I can take another fantastic trip again.

X_Drive says:
Happy Birthday!! I hope you are growing up really slowly. Enjoy your chocolate cake and laughter with as many friends as you can. Dream big and I hope all your wishes come true!! :D
Posted on: May 07, 2014
tsara says:
Hi Sandy,
I am planning to take a Mediterranean cruise this September and wondering if you are still interested to go there. I had been in a Caribbean cruise by myself but it wasn't as expensive as the one in Mediterranean.
Theresia
Posted on: Apr 12, 2014
X_Drive says:
Posted on: May 07, 2013

goldensand's Travel Blogs

Europe At Last!!
Apr 05, 2012 – May 02, 2012
In Sept 2009 I joined TravBuddy and started planning a dream trip to Europe. Tomorrow 2 1/2 years later I begin my trip!! Thank…
Overview 144 words 0 1 4
3 Day Break to Southern BC
Sep 29, 2011 – Sep 30, 2011
I had a friend in town so I took a 3 day break to show her the towns/cities south of here i.e. Peachland, Summerland, Penticton…
Overview 435 words 11 0 0
Kelowna to Calgary via Hwy #3
Jun 05, 2011 – Jun 12, 2011
A driving trip along the most southern highway between BC and Alberta.
Overview 1,230 words 43 3 5

goldensand's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Grand Forks, Canada
A unique, good value place right in the center of town. The Romanian couple who built this pl…
Cheap "Hostels" in Penticton, Canada
Summer might be different but off season staying in this hostel was enjoyable and a great value.…