general things that you should do or shouldn't do when visit Bali
general things that you should do or shouldn't do when visit Bali Reviews
please Notice this.... Mar 06, 2008
because of so often Tb friends asking this before hit this lovely island of Bali, i think i should share this and make resume here. Hope this help all of you :-))
1. forget to bring your passport (or a copy of your ID) with you all time
2. Swim outside designated swimming areas. Currents can be very strong so swim please between red and
3. do drugs!!!!! it could lead to death penalthy. Enough foreigners reside in Bali in courtesy of the
Goverment prison service!!
4. Touch people's head----it's very offensive to Hindus
5. Entre the temple during menstruation. Sorry ladies!!!!!
6. Forget to add salt to your food and drink a lot of water--you probably sweat more here than at home
7. Worry much about the ice. It's goverment quality controlled in established bars and restaurant. Small
warung must pay entxra attention!!
8. Forget to look and listen while crossing the road. Cars and Motorcycle may not stop and give way like in
9. forget to ask for insurance every time you rent car or motorbikes to prevent from the accident trouble
10.Forget to confirm your flight 72 hours prior to flying. Airport departure Tax is:
International : Rp. 150.000
Domestic : Rp.30.000
1. Change money at reputable looking location, use your own (or hotel's) calculator's before changing!!
Also count again the cash in front of the money changer staff's to avoid cheating trouble. Look for
No commission sign in their board sign!!!
2. Put on loads of High factor Waterproof Sun Cream (especially if y intend to spend a lot of time in water)
3. Drink a lot of bottled water and eat a lot of fresh frueit-do your body favour
4. Be carefull with your belonging at all times. Crime is on the increase and can ruin your holiday. Cases of
handbag snatching have been reported so please leave important document in your hotel safety box
(carry photo-copies only) and wear your bad accross your shoulders!!!
5. Try not to step on offerings in the street (walk around them better)
6. Respect the slow pace procession. If stuck behind one, do not honk your horn :-))
7. Haggle when buying (exect on price-tagged goods mostly on galery ext)
8. Buy immodium to relieve bouts of Bali belly
9. wear balinese custome or saroong when you join the ceremonie or entree the temple
10. Have a great holiday!!!
Part of the Hallowen in Baliness style travel blog
10 / 10 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!